• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fabulous week at Disney Wolrd

Bronxgirl

Mouseketeer
We stayed at Coronado Springs resort. I really liked it and it met our needs well. The foodcourt wasn't as good as out last resort (Port Orleans Riverside), but we still found stuff and only ate there twice, on our travel days. The pool was gorgeous and pretty near our room. They also have a really neat playground that DD liked. We were right by a bus stop which worked well b/c we spent most of our time in the parks.

Day 1

We flew in from a small regional airport which turned out to work out really well for us. we arrived to MCO around 11 and took the magical express to our resort. Our room wasn't ready yet when we checked in, so we had lunch and walked around the resort. It was ready by around 2:30ish so we went to the room and changed to go to the pool. We had a great time at the pool. it's huge and has a really cool water slide. In the evening we went to Animal kingdom Lodge. I've never been there before and it was really pretty. we walked around and saw the animals in the savannah, which was really cool. I had an 8:00 reservation for Boma. DH and DD ate at the foodcourt there b/c they wouldn't eat enough at Boma to make it worth it. While they were waiting for me DD played on the playground and they caught the first half of Big Hero 6. I loved Boma. It is an African style buffet and the food was amazing. I definitely want to go back there next trip. After dinner we went back to our resort and on our way back to the room we were able to see the Star Wars fireworks from our parking lot. that was a cool bonus.

Day 2

This was our first magic kingdom day. We were there 16 hours, so it was intense, but super fun. DD had an early reservation at Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique so we left our room by 7. They let us through the gates around 7:45 and DH took a ton of pictures. We got a few good shots of us in front of the castle with no one around. We got to BBB around 8:25 and they took us right away. BBB is so adorable. DD loved every minute of it. She wore her Cinderella dress and loved getting her hair and make-up done. we got done around 9:15 so we went over to the standby line to meet Cinderella and Rapunzel. After meeting them we met Merida, Gaston, Anastasia and Drizella and did our first fastpass at Enchanted Tales With Belle. After that we went to Cinderella's royal table for lunch. I heard mixed reviews about CRT, but I really like it. it was fun eating in the castle and I actually thought the food was pretty good. After lunch DD changed into shorts and a t shirt so we could go on rides. We used our next FP for Seven Dwarves mine train. DH didn't love it, but I thought it was pretty fun. We also had a fastpass for the FOF parade and we got a great view for pictures. The rest of the day we went on rides, saw shows and met characters. We also got a 4th FP for Splash Mountain. We had dinner at Columbia Harbor House. I got the salmon and it was pretty good.

Day 3

We went to Epcot. We spent the morning in Future World and the afternoon visiting all the countries at World Showcase. DD did Kidcot so she has a free souvenir with stamps from all the countries. We used fastpass for Spaceship Earth, Soarin and Mission Space and got a 4th fastpass for Illuminations. I'm glad we did that b/c the viewing are was pretty good. DH and I both did the single rider line for test track. We had lunch at Sunshine Seasons. I had Thai curried shrimp and it was really good.

Day 4

We went to Hollywood Studios. We got there at rope drop and ran straight to Toy Story. We only has to wait about 15 minutes. After that we met Woody and buzz and then saw the Disney Jr. Show. The rest of the day we saw shows, met characters and rode rides. We used our other fastpasses for the Frozen singalong and Tower of terror. We had lunch at ABC Commissary, which was also much better than I've heard. We had dinner at Sci-Fi Dine In. it was cute and the food was okay, but I wouldn't go back.

Day 5

DH went to Universal Studios so DD and I had a girls' day. We went to the pool in the AM and then went to Epcot. we used fastpasses for Soarin, Nemo and Spaceship Earth. We spent most of the time meeting characters and seeing the movies in World Showcase. We had lunch in Morocco (yum!) and had dinner at Sunshine Seasons. We weren't able to get a FP for Illuminations, but we found a decent spot to stand.

Day 6

We went back to magic kingdom. It was AM extra magic hours so we were able to knock out most of Tomorrow Land pretty early on. We had fastpasses for Peter Pan, Seven Dwarves Mine Train, and Anna and Elsa. We got a 4ht Fastpass for Big Thunder Mountain. We skipped the daytime parade and fireworks b/c we saw it all last time, but saw the 11 PM electrical parade. We had breakfast at Gaston's Tavern and lunch at Be Our Guest. Both were fun atmosphere and good food.

Day 7

We went back to Hollywood Studios for Star Wars weekend. We were getting tired so we left halfway through to go back to our hotel and swim. When we came back in the evening we were refreshed so we met a lot of Star Wars characters and saw the fireworks. We ate at ABC Commissary and Rosie's.

Day 8

We went to Animal Kingdom. We got there at opening, but left by 3:00 b/c we had to fly home. We made good use of our time while there. We met some characters, Saw the Nemo and Lion King shows and rode Expedition Everest and Dinosaur.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter