-Facepalm- In to the woods...

Scambone

Mouseketeer
I've talked my non Disney going boyfriend into going to Disney this April. yay right? Then being the great boyfriend he is, he took me to In To the Woods. Not even half way through it I knew I was going to hear about it. When it did end I got the slow head turn, squinty stink eye. Sad thing about it though? I can't blame him. I didnt care for it much either. Anyone else have this problem?

I can't speak to the Disney version, but I think the Broadway version is a little convoluted of a musical/play. I think the play is more of a "theater geek" play, and hard for most folks to relate to with the plot. It's rather depressing - most of it is based on SS. own life (father was distant, etc). But is does have some lovely songs.

No worries though - most Disney's stuff I haven't wanted to watch lately either. Maleficent had so/so reviews, I dislike Frozen and now it's "Into the Woods" You are OK! :)

I hated it. I almost walked out, it really was that bad.

It came across as a disservice to both Disney and Sondheim (could that ever be a successful combined venture?). I would have preferred that it go very dark to stay true to both Sondheim (and Grimm), and there was a taste of that with step-sisters cutting off toes and heels to fit the slipper, and some other bits here and there, but it was not enough. I just think it was an awkward endeavor all around that completely missed its mark.

It was too long, the music too grating, and I didn't enjoy the visuals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter