Facial recognition

NYDisneyKid

Expedition Everest Record Holder
I heard talk about Universal will begin implementing facial recognition on AP's. I'm all for it. I remember when their AP's had your photo on them. I wish they would go back to that.

That's right! I really don't like the finger print thing it's not a passport application! I don't understand why would they need my finger prints anyway!?

It's not a finger print. It's a finger scan. You can easily google the difference. But you do you. I figure my fingerprints are on approximately eleven million things I've touched in my life anyway.

It's not a finger print. It's a finger scan. You can easily google the difference. But you do you. I figure my fingerprints are on approximately eleven million things I've touched in my life anyway.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

It has nothing to do with security and/or safety, it's to prevent fraud. Only way it would be a security issue is the fact that if someone is commits fraud by using someone else's pass in order to plan on malicious things. However, I suppose some would argue just the idea of someone else using someone else's pass is a security issue, as it would prove what I mentioned previously could happen.

However, I do not think something malicious happening is their worry. I think their reasoning for this is simply just preventing someone else using another's pass. Mainly not only it being unfair to the passholder (if taken), but also unfair to them as they're losing money (if taken, or given freely).

At my last work place we used codes to clock then, then switched to fingerprints to ensure the correct people are clocking in and not having someone clock in for them. It's our most unique way to identify ourselves.

Last edited:
Can they sell the fingerscan information they collect? If so it's a security/safety/privacy matter. They don't make you sign anything explaining what they are going to do with that information, so they can probably do whatever they want with ghat info.

BTW (from their official Universal website):
What information is collected as part of the finger scan?
Using a scanner, the software scans swirls and arcs of the finger to create a grid of intersecting points. These points are then stored as a series of coordinating numbers only. When the finger is scanned again, the number series will repeat and match itself to the stored original. As this information is stored as a number only, a fingerprint image cannot be recreated from the stored information.

Are all guests required to submit to a finger scan?
If you don't want to submit to a finger scan, please notify the attendant at the entrance. You will be required to carry and show a photo ID.

???? Can you explain a little better?
I can use more words if that is better. They are using Facial Recognition in the Express Pass lines. Until there is a separate Annual Passholder entrance it seems unlikely that it would be used for APs.

BTW (from their official Universal website):
What information is collected as part of the finger scan?
Using a scanner, the software scans swirls and arcs of the finger to create a grid of intersecting points. These points are then stored as a series of coordinating numbers only. When the finger is scanned again, the number series will repeat and match itself to the stored original. As this information is stored as a number only, a fingerprint image cannot be recreated from the stored information.

Are all guests required to submit to a finger scan?
If you don't want to submit to a finger scan, please notify the attendant at the entrance. You will be required to carry and show a photo ID.

The skyline accident also wasn't an accident and the CIA def didn't help Walt procure land in Florida.

Can they sell the fingerscan information they collect? If so it's a security/safety/privacy matter. They don't make you sign anything explaining what they are going to do with that information, so they can probably do whatever they want with ghat info.

Im pretty sure the United States government has access to it. You don't think they'd know if someone who shouldn't be there was?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts