Fairfield Inn reviews

jsgrant5

Mouseketeer
I am taking my kids on Dec. 9-15. Airfare from Oregon is over 400 so I started looking at packages from ALaska. We really wanted to stay at our favorite Candy Cane Inn but I can get a good deal with airfare and hotel and the Fairfield. Looking for reviews with pros and cons. Thanks

I haven't stayed at the Fairfield since 2012 but I enjoyed it. It was quiet for the most part, clean and the bed was comfy. we also had a good view of the fireworks from the hotel so that was an unexpected bonus. I also liked being able to grab breakfast at McDonald's on the way to the park each morning and getting some of the water in the lobby when we walked back for a break. The bad was it was farther away than some of the other hotels on Harbor so the walk felt a little long at the end of the night. There was no Panera at the time so not a lot of decent food options unless it was pizza or McDonalds (which could be super busy). We also took the Disneyland Express and it was quite a walk from where it dropped off to the hotel entrance. But overall I would stay there again if I were staying off site.

I enjoyed our stay there, the people were nice, the room was fine, basic but good, nice to have a sink outside the bathroom, pretty close to the park. The only questionable thing was when we asked the valet to call us a taxi to the airport he seemed to call some private sort of taxi and said it was a friend and I was a bit sketched out but we made it just fine.

Elevators....though no one else seems to post on here that it is a problem, but the elevators just require little bit more structure when leaving the room.

massive parking lot out front takes away some of the walking magic, turn the corner at mid-night and there is more pavement to walk.

but if you like Mcdonalds, then an accessible place to wait for mid-night snacks.

It is "predictably mediocre" as I like to say. I am bit of a hotel snob and FFI is my go to when booking on Marriott points. Rooms have recently been "refreshed" with new floors, paint and furniture. No a full remodel, but nicer than a 20 year old run down hotel room. One of the few FFI nationwide with no free breakfast options though.

Clean, safe, and nice and close walk. I would book it of you can get a deal.

I like that the outside (covered) walkways wrap the building on all floors from which you can watch fireworks from if it times out.

I've stayed at FFI numerous times. I book w Marriott points or AAA discount. It is a comfortable and clean place, and I would stay any time as long as the price was right. One nice perk is that on the open balcony hallways facing Dland, you get a great view of fireworks.

We stayed there last year and really liked it! I will say that we are a family of 6 and although we booked a 2 queen with a pullout, the pullout is super tiny (like a chair that pulls out into a cot). It was fine, but I wish there were more suite options for families. Anyway, that being said, we loved the proximity and it was clean and comfortable! Loved having Panera downstairs (across the parking lot). We booked our next trip last minute, so fairfield inn was all booked up, otherwise we'd stay there again.

We usually stay at the new RI, but will take FFI if we use points or the associate rate is super cheap. We pretty much only use the hotel to sleep, so it works.

We like the FFI. The remodeled rooms have hardwood floors which we like as they feel cleaner. Nice modern touches to the room. Comfy beds, wifi. No breakfast but Panera is right there. Staff is friendly; the valet always greets us when we walk back from the parks. Prices are usually good. I recommend.

I’ve stayed there a few times and really like it. We usually stay at CCI, FFI, or on site. Staff is very welcoming, rooms are updated and it’s a quick walk to the parks. When at FFI we always use a sound machine app because the outdoor corridors can be loud but with a sound machine on it isn’t a issue for us.

FFI is our go-to hotel and I feel you will adjust quickly, since you are used to the Candy Cane Inn. You are already used to walking and the FFI is closer than the CCI so you don't have to rely on a shuttle, plus both have outside corridors, so you are already used to that type of sound.

I love how the FFI keeps the sink and vanity outside of the bathroom. So wonderful for anyone needing speed in the morning, as the sink is freed up while someone can use the toilet in privacy. And the mirror doesn't get fogged up when another is showering. Small detail, but I love this setup!

We'll be there December 2-10, check out 11th!

I have had very mixed experiences here. I agree that the staff is the stand out feature of the property. I find the rooms extremely loud. A couple of times it has been loud enough that I wondered if someone was actually in my room talking. But I am not a motel person, so I am probably not the best judge. I did want to mention in case it is important to you that the rooms with 2 queens and a fold out chair/sofa. . . the fold out is really small. It is basically toddler bed sized but you can't use it for that because there are big gaps between the sides and back of the bed and the chair. If you need the three sleeping surfaces and can get a similar rate at the Springhill suites convention center, that is a much better experience. It includes breakfast (a good one) and the walk, although technically much longer, feels about the same to me because you don't have to cross harbor.

I have had very mixed experiences here. I agree that the staff is the stand out feature of the property. I find the rooms extremely loud. A couple of times it has been loud enough that I wondered if someone was actually in my room talking. But I am not a motel person, so I am probably not the best judge. I did want to mention in case it is important to you that the rooms with 2 queens and a fold out chair/sofa. . . the fold out is really small. It is basically toddler bed sized but you can't use it for that because there are big gaps between the sides and back of the bed and the chair. If you need the three sleeping surfaces and can get a similar rate at the Springhill suites convention center, that is a much better experience. It includes breakfast (a good one) and the walk, although technically much longer, feels about the same to me because you don't have to cross harbor.
I've wondered about springhill suites! We always reject it because it doesn't appear walkable (we like the ones on Harbor right across from the entrace) but...if you can truly walk it, I might consider it sometimes. It seems like it would accomodate our family well!

I've wondered about springhill suites! We always reject it because it doesn't appear walkable (we like the ones on Harbor right across from the entrace) but...if you can truly walk it, I might consider it sometimes. It seems like it would accomodate our family well!
It looks great to me. Just a little farther than candy cane inn. We can’t stay there with our kids because the suites don’t have a separate room with closing door.

We stayed at the Fairfield Inn at the end of August, and I was worried about the noise issues I had read about in reviews. I requested a room away from the elevators and I had absolutely no trouble. I was there with my DD21 and DS 16 and the room was very comfortable for us. Loved the proximity to the park, McDonald’s if you like for breakfast, Pizza Hut and a microwave on the third floor, and being able to see fireworks from the walkways. As far as waits for the elevators, we always took the stairs down as they were more direct anyway, and I never felt the waits were bad on the way up. I would definitely stay here again.

Fairfield is fine. It's not my top choice in the affordable category, but I've stayed there twice and it was a decent motel. There's a Mimi's Cafe, Panera, and McDonalds close by for food. No free breakfast like most of the brand though. Parking is tight if you have a vehicle with you, but you can get valet. Beds are comfortable enough, and the rooms have an okay amount of space. When we stayed last, the carpets were a bit dirty, so wear socks in the room. Also, I felt the "themed" rooms were a waste of money...all you got was some decals on the walls. We like to stay on the top floor away from the elevator for the best control of sound issues. I would stay there again if the price was right, but usually HOJO is a comparable or better price and a much better stay.

Stayed there for a one night trip. It was almost ok. No free breakfast (most Fairfield’s have free breakfast), 1 of our 2 rooms wasn’t ready until 5pm (& management didn’t give one darn), the light submerged in the spa was literally falling out, & all but one of the spa jets was broken (management again did not give a darn). We got a nice deal for that one night but I really can’t recommend them. Maybe if we were part of the massive high school dance group they were hosting that night they might have cared but... how can you not care about a light literally falling out of the spa wall?!!!!

The bummer for me was that one lacked a hot tub. I’m admittedly not in the best of shape & if I’m going to DLR for more than 1 day my muscles need that spa/hot tub! (It was a double bummer because the rooftop pool was so cool! It would have been amazing to hot tub up there at night!!)

Omg I forgot about the fold out chair thing! Very small width wise & we all agreed the one in our room was literally the most uncomfortable sofa bed any of us had ever encountered.(Obviously since I forgot about that I was not the poor sole in the group who lost that coin flip!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter