Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust - That's What Solo Trips Are Made Of - Update 7/21 P17

June 22, 2013 was our 11 year wedding anniversary. MJS and I have always tried to uphold the traditional gift list, because it's fun to try to figure out something useful / enjoyable to get each other.

This year's traditional gift is steel.

After much deliberation, we determined that the structure of the Grand Floridian Villas would suffice to fulfill our traditional gift requirement, and we are now proud owners of a second home.

It's a dream I didn't think would be possible. But, as the shirts says, dream big and live grand. There must be an angel on my side (thank you, Mom!) because when I called...just to find out...about pricing for the vacation club, they'd lowered the minimum buy in to something MJS and I could afford.

You always want to be careful what you say. I believe that words have power, that what we say indicates our intent and most of the time that intent comes true.

Lucky for me that I always said, "MJS, if they ever build DVC at the Grand Flo, I'm so in." :lmao:

It's bittersweet for me. This was my mother's favorite resort. The last time I stayed there was with her, a few months before she passed. I wish beyond all reason that I could share this with her in the physical world, but I know that she'll be with us in spirit.

I'm so happy to be able to give my boys the traditions and continue the family time that my mother began when I was little.

So now I can say that we are officially looking forward to our very first, "Welcome home."

Next Chapter

Thanks, PiO! I would have to say it's the most expensive gift we've purchased for an anniversary. :lmao:

Huh. Funny thing. Apparently I was having so much fun, I didn't take very many pictures of my next set of adventures. Ah well! You'll just have to do with my delightful prose and paint your own little mental image. ;)

Leaving Belle's Enchanted Tales feeling happy and...enchanted...I decided to review my Fantasyland options. I headed over to Peter Pan and procured a fastpass for later.

After which I thought...hmm...perhaps it's time to leave this hullabaloo and visit my favorite 999 happy haunts.

Off to the Haunted Mansion I went! I could rhapsodize forever about how much I love this ride. Really. But I think the best thing I want to relay to you about this particular ride experience was that I got a friend. Of the fleshly living kind.

I hopped into my Doom Buggy, rather excited to be going on the HM by myself, and all of a sudden, before I was whisked away and had the safety bar lowered for me, a kid I would guess to have been about 14 or 15 jumped in and sat next to me.

Um...okay? Who knew teenage boys were so friendly? :lmao: Kid never said a word. No hi, no hello, nothing. Fine. No problem. Very interesting experience sharing a doom buggy with a complete and total stranger. A teensy part of me was mildly freaked out, but the rest of me was too distracted by all the lovely ghosts.

He didn't lean forward during the ballroom scene, so as much as I wanted to like him, I knew he wasn't exactly kindred. :lmao:

Anyway, it was a lovely, albeit interesting interlude into one of my favorite rides.

Afterwards I decided to head over to the good old Wedway People Mover.

Oh, I'm sorry.

It's the Tomorrowland Transit Authority Wedway People Mover.

Yes. Because THAT sounds so much better. Most of the time I just call it the TTA or the People Mover. I think in my mind, it'll always be the people mover. Normally I'm of the progress is good ilk, but sometimes Disney may want to give it a rest with the ride name change...and then change...and then change back-ish. :rotfl2: It's good for a laugh anyway.

And of course, what ride on the TTA is complete without one of these:

And actually? First time ever I got yelled at by a CM who took his job very seriously and told me to take my feet down off the seat. I've never had that happened before, and ever since I'm terrified of being a rule breaker. I wait until we clear away from the station and prying eyes (although I'm sure you're on camera the whole time you're on that ride) and THEN take my picture.

Now at some point, I don't remember when, I went back and used my fastpass for Peter Pan, because I have in here that I grabbed a fastpass for Buzz Lightyear after I got off the TTA.

Peter Pan...what can I say? It's one of my favorite original park rides. I can remember riding it with my parents, my sister, when I was very little and it's held a special place in my heart ever since. It makes me a bit sad that it'll be closed for refurbishment during my big family trip in October since this is usually a must do for us, but rumors of the new ride queue have me excited for the future! :goodvibes

I decided to see just how far technology had advanced by taking a turn on the Carousel of Progress.

I hadn't been on this ride in ages! And I was praying it didn't get stuck, as it did the last time I went on. Well, the curse was lifted and I was able to follow our favorite family through the years right up to the burnt turkey. ;)

Since I'd progressed so far, it was time to head even further into the future and defeat some nasty aliens and the Evil Emperor Zurg with Buzz Lightyear. This time, I did sit alone. :rotfl2: I can't remember what my score was...it must not have been very good. Every time I go on this ride, I try to hit that elusive target in the top corner of that room...I'm not describing properly, but anyway, hit that and you'll max out your points. Both my father and husband have done it. Some day... :cloud9:

Now...

it was finally time...

::yes:: Oh, yeah!

Let's go on POTC, baby!!!! pirate:

Love, love, love this ride. Always have. Always will. :thumbsup2

Nothing like ending a tour of the classics on a high note. I got my fill of pirates and Captain Jack Sparrow and then tooled around the shop a bit.

This shirt made me laugh hysterically, and I had to text it to my husband. For those of you who've never met us in person, my husband's hair is longer than mine. He is, pretty much, a pirate. Or a hippie. Either way, this was a mighty tempting purchase, but I didn't know if he'd actually wear it.

At this point, I decided it was time for some real shopping, so where did I head?

Up next - Madame Leota...what are you doing stuck in that lollipop????

And of course, what ride on the TTA is complete without one of these:

This is ABSOLUTELY a requirement for this ride. Didn't that CM know that? Seriously, I can't believe you were asked to take your feet down. :faint:

Too funny about the teenager who jumped in your doom buggy. I guess his friends or family weren't too far behind.

Ahh - a night of classics. Doesn't get any better than that!

Love that POTC t-shirt. Very funny.

Congratulations on your amazing anniversary present! DH and I also splurged on a small contract while we were down there. We intend to use it for a two or three day stay for our anniversary each year. Very cool T-shirt.

A-haunting we will go. I love being able to just sit and relax in the People Mover.

I think Peter Pan will be closed when I'm there in September. So sad. :(

That POTC shirt is hysterical !!!! What was his response to the text?

You rule breaker! And attracting strange silent teens. Quite the adventure :)

This is ABSOLUTELY a requirement for this ride. Didn't that CM know that? Seriously, I can't believe you were asked to take your feet down. :faint:

First time ever. And believe me, on Walt's honor, I NEVER mean it as a sign of disrespect! It's all about the photo op! :lmao:

Too funny about the teenager who jumped in your doom buggy. I guess his friends or family weren't too far behind.

Right? I hope so, anyway. :lmao:

Ahh - a night of classics. Doesn't get any better than that!

Love that POTC t-shirt. Very funny.

Congratulations on your amazing anniversary present! DH and I also splurged on a small contract while we were down there. We intend to use it for a two or three day stay for our anniversary each year. Very cool T-shirt.

Oh, how exciting! What's your home resort, or have you not revealed that yet? :goodvibes

A-haunting we will go. I love being able to just sit and relax in the People Mover.

Me too. If they would let me stay on that ride and just loop it continuously, I totally would.

I think Peter Pan will be closed when I'm there in September. So sad. :(

Bummer!

That POTC shirt is hysterical !!!! What was his response to the text?

Truth be told, I don't remember. :lmao: I am sure it was far more amusing to me than it was to him...well...at least that he'd admit. :lmao:

You rule breaker! And attracting strange silent teens. Quite the adventure :)

The irony of that is I'm SUCH A rule follower. I was always a really good kid. Ask my dad. :lmao:

And apparently re: the teen, I must have looked like I needed a friend. I found it so ironic because I was on a solo trip, thinking, ahhhhh....I'll get to ride on the HM alone...it'll be so nice...my very own hitchhiking ghost, etc etc. :rotfl2: The universe had other plans, apparently.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter