Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust - That's What Solo Trips Are Made Of - Update 7/21 P17

What a lovely update!!! I have to say that I can't wait to smell that Florida air again, especially after the snow we had the other day. It snowed just over 3 inches and even thoough it was gone in about 12 hours it just is sooo wrong for it to snow in May. :sad2: Love the resort, your room, and seeing your clothes hanging there. I am sorry about your knee though.

What a lovely update!!! I have to say that I can't wait to smell that Florida air again, especially after the snow we had the other day. It snowed just over 3 inches and even thoough it was gone in about 12 hours it just is sooo wrong for it to snow in May. :sad2: Love the resort, your room, and seeing your clothes hanging there. I am sorry about your knee though.

I still cannot believe that you had snow in May. So wrong! :faint:

Is it nice to look at my semi-tropical update? I hope so. :hug:

And thank you. The knee is on its way to recovery!

I still cannot believe that you had snow in May. So wrong! :faint:

Is it nice to look at my semi-tropical update? I hope so. :hug:

And thank you. The knee is on its way to recovery!

The snow made history here. It wasn't really the kind of history I wanted to experience. :upsidedow

It's a direction.

Left.

It's something I don't get to do with my family.

As we always typically go right.

To ride Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin, of course!

And if that didn't give it away, yes, my first park of my solo trip was the Magic Kingdom! I may have done a little bit of this :yay: but I kept it all inside.

One of the things that was so weird to me was how much later in the day it felt to me than it actually was. One of the hazards of the ridiculously early flight. After the pixie dust of a room being ready, I headed to MK with a little bounce in my step, sure good things were headed my way.

:::ahem:::

So I went left! To Adventureland! Because that's where pirates belong, and that's how I tour alone. I barely have a plan. I might figure out where I want to eat beforehand, but when I'm alone, I love to go where the wind takes me.

Ironically though, the first thing that I did in the MK was not ride POTC. :sad2:

Dang stomach. I was STARVING!!!!

And I had a date with destiny, or Columbia Harbour House, to be exact. I'd be dying to try the Light House Sandwich.

It's listed on AllEars as hummus with tomato & broccoli slaw on toasted multigrain bread. And it sounded SOOOOO good.

So I walked with a purpose, got to CHH, and placed my order. It was moderately busy, nothing crazy, and the queue moved pretty quickly. So I was thinking, easy peasy lemon cheesy, yes?

No. :sad2:

I waited.

And waited.

And waited.

And watched at least 5 if not more orders that were placed after mine come out before mine.

I'd like to point out, for your own ha ha let's laugh at TK pleasure, that my sandwich is just that. A sandwich. It doesn't have to be grilled or fried or any of that fancy schmancy cooking stuff. ;)

No joke...they'd run out. And had to make more, apparently. And somehow wires got crossed. But you know what?

Although I poke fun, and joke, I actually did not care.

Not. One. Bit.

I was alone. It was funny. The CMs kept apologizing, and I kept saying no problem, I'm here alone. ALONE? Yup, alone. Good for you! :lmao: Indeed.

Finally, it arrived.

And was wrong. :rotfl2:

Finally, I got the right sandwich. And made my way upstairs to enjoy. Let me tell you, keeping calm through that whole episode was a big deal for me. Let's just say that when I get hungry, my blood sugar tanks, and crankiness ensues. It's not a pretty sight. I was proud of myself. :thumbsup2

So, in all its glory:

Look, folks. I don't know if I was starving or it was that good, but I believe it was THAT GOOD. I LOVED this sandwich. It was refreshing, and healthy, and tasted sooooo good. Exactly what I needed at that point. The bag of chips was small enough that I didn't feel guilty about eating them, and I believe I may have a diet soda there.

Refreshed and fed, I was ready to go.

And captured this little chestnut on my way out -

Like I said, I really had no plan. But pooh'smate had pointed out to me before I left that previews of Belle's Enchanted Tales were being done in New Fantasyland, and I thought, what the heck. Might as well take a gander and see what's doing.

So I wandered my way over there, and took lots of photos for your viewing pleasure.

I just want top pause for a moment here and say how much I love the detailing of Disney parks. I've got an artistic background, and to think that some Imagineer sat down and said, you know, to make it even better, let's put hoof prints and carriage tracks embedded in the ground...I mean I know it may seem like such a simple thing, but when you add all those simple things together, it creates this immersion into a whole new world (no pun intended).

And it's not just when I'm alone that I have time to appreciate these things. I'm aware of them when I'm with family, maybe less so, but still aware. It's one of the many myriad reasons that I love Walt Disney World. It's not just about the obvious escapism, it's about the ability to lose yourself for a while in Belle's village.

Or to stroll down Main Street and note the windows paying homage to various people important to the parks, including Walt.

I know that Disney has become a brand and that it has an incredible marketing machine. But you will not be able to convince me that it doesn't have heart, even still. Even as we move forward, and sometimes away from Walt's ideas or the spirit of his intentions, his purpose lingers there, and his vision is carried in these romantic ideals.

And I love it.

Up next - Would I see Belle's Enchanted Tales?

Yay I got a shoutout. I remember that chat. :goodvibes
My dh loved that sandwich too. I too love the details. I can't wait to see if you got in on the preview.

You got a shout out! Actually, I was really grateful that you'd told me or wouldn't have even know to try.

No spoilers though. ;)

That sandwich is awesome. I'd like one right now. My protein bar and carrots just didn't quite cut it for lunch today. :lmao:

I cannot believe that they ran out of your food item and had to make some. Leave it to you, Kat. ;)

And so proud of you that despite being very hungry and your sugar level going crazy that you kept your composure. :thumbsup2

Your summary of all that is Disney with the "little things" is exactly how I feel. Well put, my friend.

I cannot believe that they ran out of your food item and had to make some. Leave it to you, Kat. ;)

Only me. Seriously. Only me.

And so proud of you that despite being very hungry and your sugar level going crazy that you kept your composure. :thumbsup2

I try. It's not a pretty sight. :rotfl2:

Your summary of all that is Disney with the "little things" is exactly how I feel. Well put, my friend.

:goodvibes

Love the update. I like eating at CHH and was surprised to see that they ran out of your particular type of sandwich. Someone sure got their wires crossed that day!

Looking forward to more.

To all of the lovely mothers in this thread,

Happy Mother's Day!!!!

images

Aw, what a sweet little picture! Happy Mother's Day to you, too!

I'm really enjoying your reports! I'm going on my first-ever trip to the World in October, with my mom (also her first trip). So far it's felt a little like a solo trip because my mom is not the obnoxious planner that I am :rotfl2:

I'm really enjoying your reports! I'm going on my first-ever trip to the World in October, with my mom (also her first trip). So far it's felt a little like a solo trip because my mom is not the obnoxious planner that I am :rotfl2:

:welcome:

Thank you! And first ever trip? How exciting! When in October are you going? I will be there as well on our big family trip. :goodvibes It's a wonderful time to go, love Food and Wine Festival, fall decorations, and MNSSHP. :thumbsup2

Ha, obnoxious planner. I am pretty structured when I go with family in the sense that we plan which park we go to on which day, which rides we need to fastpass or get to first. Other than that we're pretty go with the flow.

When I'm alone? I do whatever I want and I LOVE IT. :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter