Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust - That's What Solo Trips Are Made Of - Update 7/21 P17

:welcome:

Thank you! And first ever trip? How exciting! When in October are you going? I will be there as well on our big family trip. :goodvibes It's a wonderful time to go, love Food and Wine Festival, fall decorations, and MNSSHP. :thumbsup2

Ha, obnoxious planner. I am pretty structured when I go with family in the sense that we plan which park we go to on which day, which rides we need to fastpass or get to first. Other than that we're pretty go with the flow.

When I'm alone? I do whatever I want and I LOVE IT. :lmao:

We'll be there the 19-26th. I did choose times based on F&W and MNSSHP, I admit.

I'm not planning to be a commando tour-type, but since it's our first trip, I do want to be prepared Fortunately neither of us are real big fans of rides, so there are very few "musts" - so, enough to have some structure but not enough that I need Touring Plans' minute by minute by minute :)

We'll be there the 19-26th. I did choose times based on F&W and MNSSHP, I admit.

I'm not planning to be a commando tour-type, but since it's our first trip, I do want to be prepared Fortunately neither of us are real big fans of rides, so there are very few "musts" - so, enough to have some structure but not enough that I need Touring Plans' minute by minute by minute :)

That sounds like a great way to tackle it. And you know you can find the Food and Wine Festival map online in advance, so if that helps you plan which booths you absolutely must hit, that's a bonus too! :goodvibes

Isn't it strange to go a different direction in MK when you're used to going one certain way! We don't normally go a certain way, but we always enter on the right, always! So entering on the left is just weird, it's like going into a different park! :rotfl2:

OMG I can't believe they ran out of the stuff to make your sandwich! Figures! And it's so simple too! :rotfl2: I'm glad it was worth waiting for at least!

Ahh New Fantasyland! I love those little details in the pavement too! Those little details are part of the reason why I love Disney SO much! :lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc

Hope you're doing another update soon! :rolleyes1 :rotfl2:

Soooooooo. I decided to click on this in your signature and what do you know - it's an active trip report!!!!! Well, you know I am subbing! Can't wait to get all caught up!

Isn't it strange to go a different direction in MK when you're used to going one certain way! We don't normally go a certain way, but we always enter on the right, always! So entering on the left is just weird, it's like going into a different park! :rotfl2:

It totally is! Changes the whole experience.

OMG I can't believe they ran out of the stuff to make your sandwich! Figures! And it's so simple too! :rotfl2: I'm glad it was worth waiting for at least!

SO worth it. CHH is top on my CS list for MK now.

Ahh New Fantasyland! I love those little details in the pavement too! Those little details are part of the reason why I love Disney SO much! :lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc

:thumbsup2

Hope you're doing another update soon! :rolleyes1 :rotfl2:

Hoping to get another one in this week. :goodvibes

Soooooooo. I decided to click on this in your signature and what do you know - it's an active trip report!!!!! Well, you know I am subbing! Can't wait to get all caught up!

:welcome:

Indeed, it is live! I should have mentioned it to you! :lmao:

I have to stop reading your PTR section just to do this ...:rotfl2:....Your sandal drama is hysterical - in a good way. I can totally relate to the foot drama because I have plantar fasciitis. Yes - is it too much to ask for a cute supportive sandal???? Good question.

Can't wait to see what you decided on. :rolleyes:

Merrell Lilyfern

1592103-p-MULTIVIEW-1.jpg

Reef Fanning Luxe - Silver part is glittery

These are SO cute! Did you wear these? did they work? I love them!

So cool that you got to meet Kathy and Mark. I am meeting Kathy next month for the first time. I can't wait.

OK - i'll admit I did skim read some of your PTR, but now I am totally ready for your TR. I'm going to take a break now and start that later.

I have to stop reading your PTR section just to do this ...:rotfl2:....Your sandal drama is hysterical - in a good way. I can totally relate to the foot drama because I have plantar fasciitis. Yes - is it too much to ask for a cute supportive sandal???? Good question.

Can't wait to see what you decided on. :rolleyes:

That's pretty much all the drama I had in regard to this trip, so it's good we got it out of the way before I left. :rotfl2:

These are SO cute!

They are cute! ::yes::

Did you wear these? did they work? I love them!

Sadly, :sad2: I ended up returning them before I left. And to somewhat answer your question, there's something I threw in my suitcase last minute that relates to your question. ;)

So cool that you got to meet Kathy and Mark. I am meeting Kathy next month for the first time. I can't wait.

They are lovely people! I enjoyed our meet. One of the things I love so much about DIS friends is how you just start already having known each other, no awkward silence, you are already family. :goodvibes

OK - i'll admit I did skim read some of your PTR, but now I am totally ready for your TR. I'm going to take a break now and start that later.

Shh....I skim too, but don't tell. ;)

I am back to read about your actual trip.

Glad that your flight was, shall I say, blissful? It actually sounds perfect.

And to have your room ready on arrival? Pixie dust! :cool1: I think CBR is such a pretty resort. So peaceful and relaxing.

I absolutely love hummus, so I'm glad to hear that sandwich was perfect!

I absolutely agree with you - its all the small details that make the immersion so complete.

Looking forward to more!

I am back to read about your actual trip.

Glad that your flight was, shall I say, blissful? It actually sounds perfect.

And to have your room ready on arrival? Pixie dust! :cool1: I think CBR is such a pretty resort. So peaceful and relaxing.

I love CBR! And it's usually pretty affordable given that they haven't reno'ed the rooms to include queen beds.

I absolutely love hummus, so I'm glad to hear that sandwich was perfect!

It's so good. I can't wait to have one again in October.

I absolutely agree with you - its all the small details that make the immersion so complete.

Looking forward to more!

Just got back on after a little DIS break. Hoping to have an update up soon!

So. During my little sojourn from the DIS, let's just say I had a fine reason for not being here.

Or on the computer at all really.

Nana and I took an impromptu trip to the World over Memorial Day weekend. ;) And yes. I was at 24 Hour Day.

And yes. I met Jack. Again. It never gets old, believe me.

Perhaps...perhaps...I'll do a short trip report for that. It was a pretty private trip, which is why I did not talk about it here. And the decision to go this May was also very personal. Let's just say life is too short to not go to the World with your grandmother. Especially when she's all you have left of your mother and you love her in her own right.

Let's move on before I cry.

So! When last we left me, I was heading over to New Fantasyland to the wall where CMs stand, hopefully granting entrance to the soft launch of Belle's Enchanted Tales.

Well what do you know?

I got in!

And a special and hearty thanks to pooh'smate for pointing it out to me before I left! Without you, I wouldn't have known!

So for your viewing pleasure, I took LOTS of photos.

In between chatting up a couple of guys in front of me in line...that sounds bad, but believe me, we were all Disney geeks so there was no flirting wahtsoever...I took lots of pictures of my surroundings.

Beauty and the Beast is my favorite fairy tale. It has been ever since the first time I saw it. I love Belle. I love that she's smart, that she wants more, that she loves to read. And a brunette, like me? My kind of princess. :thumbsup2

And the Beast. Oh there's nothing a woman loves more than a tortured soul, eh? Except a rogue pirate. But that's another movie. :lmao:

So for those of you who haven't seen New Fantasyland and want it to remain a mystery until you're in the World, you'll want to stop reading this post here and avoid the photos. :thumbsup2

For those of you who have seen it already, or are curiouser and curiouser like Alice, here we go.

I couldn't believe the level of detail put into the queue and into Bella and Maurice's cottage. I LOVED IT.

Since pictures are worth a thousand words, I'll let the photos do the rest of the talking.

And that's just the exterior!

Continued in Next Post

Let's go inside, shall we?

Just have to interject for a moment. I LOVE the smoke effect on the ceiling.

Love the height chart.

I'm not going to lie. This portrait makes me a little bit choked up.

Pretty soon it was our turn to head inside. I was extremely impressed with the special effects that were part of this show, most specifically the mirror, the wardrobe, and Lumiere.

The play acting with Belle was cute. The boy selected to play the role of the Beast was so embarrassed and it was adorable. You could tell they were still in testing phases as some of the timing was off, but Belle handled it beautifully.

All in all, I enjoyed the experience. Is it something I'd make my boys wait in line for? Probably not. So I was really glad that I decided to partake in it on my own.

Up next - Time for some classics ;)

I am so glad we chated before you left and I really glad to hear that you were able to get in and see everything. :cool1: I can't wait to see it in person. I especially love the fence with the barrel, wagon wheel, and winow shutter.

Great update! :goodvibes

Thank you! :goodvibes

I am so glad we chated before you left and I really glad to hear that you were able to get in and see everything. :cool1: I can't wait to see it in person. I especially love the fence with the barrel, wagon wheel, and winow shutter.

Me too!

I can't wait for you to see it in person. I'm so excited for your trip. :thumbsup2

How wonderful that you went with Nana over memorial day. It's ok to keep things private, we understand! But how very lovely and very special.

Ahhh. Belle. Beauty and the Beast. Maurice.

LOVE.

I hope to explore the cottage again someday, I only saw it during previews, at night and was rushed through and missed so many details. But I'm not sure my boys will want to go so it may have to wait a bit.

How wonderful that you went with Nana over memorial day. It's ok to keep things private, we understand! But how very lovely and very special.

Thanks. :goodvibes

Ahhh. Belle. Beauty and the Beast. Maurice.

LOVE.

I hope to explore the cottage again someday, I only saw it during previews, at night and was rushed through and missed so many details. But I'm not sure my boys will want to go so it may have to wait a bit.

If you can sneak away on a trip and do it, I definitely would. I know how much you like Belle, and I think you'd love all the details and being immersed in the world of their cottage. It's so beautiful. Very well done.

How fantas-yland-tic that you managed to get in with a soft launch opening. The details are amazing.

And yes, life is too short. Enjoy every moment with your grandmother.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter