Fall 2015 Room Only UOC is here

Do you only get a UOC if you don't have anything booked? We already have our reservations made during a blackout week in October. What is the general way these work?

That's the thing. There is no "way it works." Disney sends out the UOC/Pin codes to a select group of people (who KNOWS how they pick them). I actually get them in BOTH my email accounts AND by mail! Somehow somewhere I got some pixiedust: from their marketing department or something. My point is though: While I'm thankful, I am already booked and so there needs to be something that triggers something in their system that says "Oh, our UOC did its job. Great. We won't send anymore until this person is no longer booked in our system." As it stands, it makes no difference if you are booked or not -- if you are on their mailing list, you are on the list.

Keeping my fingers and toes crossed I make "the list"! :yay:

My suggestion is to go onto My Disney Experience, put a package in your "Cart", but don't checkout. Just price stuff out. I do this LOTS! I don't actually make the reservation, just put it in the cart and price the package, all the way to the end page where you would pay but I don't actually make the reservation. The other thing I do is order the free vacation planning dvds every year (for the cruise and for WDW). I agree to be on their mailing list. I am also a Disney Movie Rewards member. Doesn't cost anything. Just sign up on the website and if you purchase a movie with a code, enter it. And lastly, I enter any of their sweepstakes they have. So basically I put myself in their "system" A LOT. Plus, I DID end up getting asked to partake in a survey while we were at Disney World last time around, so that could have had an effect as well. I'm not promising this will work, I'm just telling you what I did and what the result was. Good luck!

You could always call and ask if you have a pin attached to your name too (if you haven't already).

I was so excited to get this UOC yesterday. Unfortunately, I found out later that it is for my mom and not for me. I'm not sure how our names and email addresses were mixed up but we did take a trip together last year. I am super disappointed that I can't use the UOC.

I got this email today. This is the first one I've ever gotten that has a 'unique offer code' instead of the long multi-digit PIN code. Is this the same thing as a pin code or is it just a disguised general offer email, which I often get as well? I do get pin codes usually at another email address. This is the first one I've gotten at the different email address.

Disney has been using the term "unique offer code" either for a while now, or perhaps all along, with what we tend to call PIN codes. The codes used with this week's mailings are the same concept, but are shorter and using a mix of letters and numbers. It's not those disguised "package code" emails, which aren't unique and may not be a discount either.

I received the UOC by E-mail yesterday at 11:00 a.m CST. I called at 7:00 p.m. CST and they had already sold out of the categories/resorts we were interested in for Dec. 14 - 21. We were booking a split stay between All Star Music and Wilderness Lodge. Music had nothing available and the CM said the only value sort available for those dates was POP. Wilderness Lodge had one category left - rooms with bunk beds. The CM said there should be another round of room only discounts going out around June or July. I was super excited when I received the E-mail, then super disappointed no discounts were available for what we wanted. Hoping for some Disney magic in June!

Got the same email with pin. If you check in on the last day it is offered,can you get the % off for all the days of your stay? I know with free dinning you can but we've not used a room only rate for many years.Any help would be great.

Disney has been using the term "unique offer code" either for a while now, or perhaps all along, with what we tend to call PIN codes. The codes used with this week's mailings are the same concept, but are shorter and using a mix of letters and numbers. It's not those disguised "package code" emails, which aren't unique and may not be a discount either.

No, Disney called them PINS. My PIN emails (going back several years) state, "Be sure to mention your PIN"..."Be ready with your PIN"..."Be sure to have your PIN ready"...and they were definitely unique to our household.

UOC must be something new...

I got one of these emails with a room discount UOC, I'm wondering if it can be used along with the free dining or if I'd have to pick one or the other?

No, Disney called them PINS. My PIN emails (going back several years) state, "Be sure to mention your PIN"..."Be ready with your PIN"..."Be sure to have your PIN ready"...and they were definitely unique to our household.

UOC must be something new...

I've heard it referred to as both by cms. But for purposes of MDE, when you enter a pin or give a pin code to a cm when booking, it shows up in MDE as "UOC" (this is my experience). In other words it will say "magic your way package fall UOC" or whatever where it lists what package you have.

I received the UOC by E-mail yesterday at 11:00 a.m CST. I called at 7:00 p.m. CST and they had already sold out of the categories/resorts we were interested in for Dec. 14 - 21. We were booking a split stay between All Star Music and Wilderness Lodge. Music had nothing available and the CM said the only value sort available for those dates was POP. Wilderness Lodge had one category left - rooms with bunk beds. The CM said there should be another round of room only discounts going out around June or July. I was super excited when I received the E-mail, then super disappointed no discounts were available for what we wanted. Hoping for some Disney magic in June!
Update: I kept checking back online and early this morning (1 am) I was able to book with the RO discount for the type of room, date, and resort we wanted. The FD was also available also, which had not been available earlier. So if you haven't been able to book what you wanted, just kept checking and something might pop up. Just for the fun of it I just checked the availability again and everything we wanted for our dates is booked up again. The situation really seems to change fast.

I got one of these emails with a room discount UOC, I'm wondering if it can be used along with the free dining or if I'd have to pick one or the other?

It's one or the other... you can run the numbers to see which benefits your party more.

Ugh my email must be run by the same IT dept as Disney, will not load, crashes etc. cant even check it.

My suggestion is to go onto My Disney Experience, put a package in your "Cart", but don't checkout. Just price stuff out. I do this LOTS! I don't actually make the reservation, just put it in the cart and price the package, all the way to the end page where you would pay but I don't actually make the reservation. The other thing I do is order the free vacation planning dvds every year (for the cruise and for WDW). I agree to be on their mailing list. I am also a Disney Movie Rewards member. Doesn't cost anything. Just sign up on the website and if you purchase a movie with a code, enter it. And lastly, I enter any of their sweepstakes they have. So basically I put myself in their "system" A LOT. Plus, I DID end up getting asked to partake in a survey while we were at Disney World last time around, so that could have had an effect as well. I'm not promising this will work, I'm just telling you what I did and what the result was. Good luck!

A friend of mine received the email with this Late Fall Room Only Discount today, me and him had the same exact dates, same resort too but I still didn't get one. As soon as he told me, I immediately contacted Reservations and got the discount off my RO reservation for the Theme Park View Suite at the Contemporary Resort. I asked the CM how come he got it and not me and she said that the emails are sent by their computer system and that she doesn't know what the qualifications are. Hey, it didn't matter to me because I got my discount and save me $800 off my reservation so I'm a happy camper. LOL. I hope everybody else is able to get the discount too, I would even recommend using my situation and see if they might do a courtesy like the CM did for me. Based on the info on the first page of this thread, it doesn't look like there's any exclusions, I'm assuming of course.

I've tried searching for the answer but am coming up short- do public room only offers tend to mirror the UOC dates/resorts? We're planning to go Nov 28-Dec 11 and are hoping for a discount. Also, does anyone remember if there were resort exclusions for 2014 fall/winter?

Thanks in advance!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter