Fall 2020 Solo Trip - Still going?

GeorgiaTiggerGirl

Mouseketeer
I'm just interested in how many are planning to go this fall on a solo trip. I have a short trip right after Thanksgiving that as of now is a go. I love the Christmas season at WDW! I will decide for certain later but wanted your thoughts as well!

I'm just interested in how many are planning to go this fall on a solo trip. I have a short trip right after Thanksgiving that as of now is a go. I love the Christmas season at WDW! I will decide for certain later but wanted your thoughts as well!

Headed down in September. Was wanting to go to MNSSHP(I am a big fan of Halloween, but that didn't work out this year). I am planning to also do a couple days at SeaWorld for the Craft Beer Festival since I am already a Busch Gardens Williamsburg Platinum Member(which includes all 11 of the SeaWorld owned parks that aren't named Discovery Cove). Have a ten day Disney World ticket, and since my plans for 2021 involve a month of overseas travel, I really need to use it, or as much of it as I can, this year.

I don’t have one planned, and have never taken a solo trip anywhere....but I can’t get the idea out of my head to make something happen. My husband isn’t a huge fan, and since we were there twice within the last year with the kids, he’s totally out. I can’t convince any friends to go any time soon. I think the opportunity to experience the parks at low capacity with low ride wait times isn’t something that will happen often. I was supposed to have my first adult, no kids Disney trip in June, so I think that’s why I’m so stuck on still making a trip come to fruition. Now I just need to convince myself to do it.

I don’t have one planned, and have never taken a solo trip anywhere....but I can’t get the idea out of my head to make something happen. My husband isn’t a huge fan, and since we were there twice within the last year with the kids, he’s totally out. I can’t convince any friends to go any time soon. I think the opportunity to experience the parks at low capacity with low ride wait times isn’t something that will happen often. I was supposed to have my first adult, no kids Disney trip in June, so I think that’s why I’m so stuck on still making a trip come to fruition. Now I just need to convince myself to do it.

It’s not difficult and most people are friendly enough. I’m sure you will enjoy a solo trip.

Please note that the Halloween party has been cancelled. I don't want to rain on your parade but I don't believe it's looking good for the Christmas party or Candlelight Processional. I do believe resorts and parks will be decorated for the holiday. Is that enough? You have to decide.

I have plans for October, but not hopeful I will be going. Really depends on what is going on with the virus. My SW flights are completely refundable, but I have rented DVC points, some non-refundable through an agency, and some through a person who may be able to push them back to Jan or Feb based on availability (she already moved them from May to Oct for me!)
Just playing a waiting game.

I also have a ticket for the Orlando Informer meet-up at Universal in early December, a little more hopeful for that trip.

I canceled mine. Total bummer. I always do Disney followed by Horror Nights in late September.

But with Horror Nights being rightfully canceled, and with the insane lack of leadership response in Florida, it seemed best to skip this year.

Please note that the Halloween party has been cancelled. I don't want to rain on your parade but I don't believe it's looking good for the Christmas party or Candlelight Processional. I do believe resorts and parks will be decorated for the holiday. Is that enough? You have to decide.
Yep, I am aware of all cancellations and was just curious. I am good to go!

You should try It at least once! It's fun!

I went with a family member in July, and will be doing a solo trip the end of September. Before I went in July, I trusted that Disney would take the appropriate safety measures and my experience during that trip showed me that they are. I've gone solo many times in the past and almost always go for 3 or 4 days. The September trip will be 4 days, one day per park. I will go to Epcot on arrival date because of the late opening and will go to AK on the day of departure. The one park I don't feel good about is HS. It's a half day park now, so I hate to waste a park day there, but I expect I will.

We’re heading down the end of October. Don’t care about Halloween in the parks. My husband and I don’t spend much time in the parks. We enjoy staying on property and enjoying the resort. We usually eat on the boardwalk somewhere, or off property..The Orlando area has great restaurant. It’s just a relaxing get away for us. We’ve also booked the week before Christmas to see some decorations. we just can’t wait to go. I wouldn’t hesitate to go alone. In fact, it would probably be even more relaxing.

I got back a week ago and had the best time solo. Going back in September as well. I've really come to love my solo trips.
Going Sept 12 - 19, for the time time solo. I'm a little anxious about not having as good of a time being on my own. Any tips or suggestions to make it fun?

I have a trip planned from November 1st to the 12th... If the border is open I'm going... If not well I won't have any options but to cancel.

I was meant to be arriving for my second solo trip 3 days ago, but due to the travel agent going bust it got cancelled. Heart broken! I'm hoping for a November 2021 trip as I want to do food and wine, and see Disney decked out for Christmas. Last time I went in 2018 for solo trip number 1 I saw the Halloween decs and got to do Not So Scary so yeah, here is hoping for 2021 providing UK to USA travel restrictions are lifted by then and the dining plans come back.

Going Sept 12 - 19, for the time time solo. I'm a little anxious about not having as good of a time being on my own. Any tips or suggestions to make it fun?

I have never been with a group, I only have done WDW solo but I had the absolute best time in 2018. It was so freeing, I met amazing people who I'm still in touch with, I had a great time having drinks at bars and chatting to the cast members learning about them and their trade and making use of those single rider lines was so helpful. The great thing about doing solo is that you only have your expectations to meet - if you dont want to do something or change your mind... you can and you arent letting anybody down... if you want to look at things that your group may not have been interested in you have the time and the freedom to do that. You will have a brilliant time, don't worry xxx

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!