Fall 2020 Solo Trip - Still going?

Yup - I'll be there in September. Solo for 4 days - with my husband for 3. I prefer solo but he's suddenly caught the Disney bug again.
Currently trying to decide if I want to make a side trip to Universal for all the Harry Potter stuff one day instead of doing just Disney the whole time.

It's been awhile since I've gone to Universal so I'm really considering it.

I've gone solo alot although this will be a different type of solo trip due to social distancing - no visiting with strangers like I usually do.

I'm driving instead of flying for the first time in forever so I'll have my vehicle to go where I want. It's only an 8 hour drive but I haven't done it in soooo long. I'm not a fan of long road trips. Currently thinking I may branch off to go to the Lakeland Antique Place on my way down.

I have a trip planned November 2-6. As of right now I'm still planning on going. Hopefully by then Florida will be off the mandatory self-quarantine list - I'm in New York and can't work from home so I would definitely have to cancel. There's still a lot of time for things to change for the better or worse, but this trip kind of feels like I'm playing with house money - I won't lose anything if I have to cancel. I'm a pro at that by now - had to cancel a trip in May and canceled one in July.

No plans, but tempted. I'm taking a week off at the end of September/beginning of October and wouldn't actually mind heading down there if Florida itself wasn't such a hot zone, not that it's much better right now here in Georgia.

My AP was extended through October 7th, so it would be nice to squeeze out one more trip with it before it expires.

The rest of my party decided to cancel for late October. I decided to keep my flights and go anyway. I'll most likely sleep in and do the parks later in the day, that way avoiding most of the Morning crowds. Two days at Epcot, One day at the Studios, and one day at Magic Kingdom planned for now.

Going Sept 12 - 19, for the time time solo. I'm a little anxious about not having as good of a time being on my own. Any tips or suggestions to make it fun?

It's nice to be able to plan your schedule exactly the way you want. I'm sure there will be times that you will wish someone was with you. At least for me there was, but overall it's great being solo. I enjoy talking to people around me in lines etc. I'm sure you will have a great time!

Plan to go mid-Nov since my May solo trip was cancelled. Hoping for a room discount release so I can upgrade to a Deluxe resort.

I have an annual pass and went solo this week. Never seen Magic Kingdom so empty! It was amazing! The longest line I waited on was Mine Train at 20 minutes. I literally walked on to Peter Pan; that’s unheard of on a normal day. I plan to go again in September and October to take advantage of the low capacity. If anyone wants to meetup I’m down.

I would love to do a solo trip someday. I've actually been considering it this fall, but with the resort room prices the way they are, I can't justify it. I NEED A DISCOUNT!!

I just got back from a ten day solo trip on Saturday and the only complaint I have is the heat was worse than my usual August trips. I have another one booked in December and I am thinking about a short trip between now and then.

Just put a deposit down on a solo trip in November.

Has literally been over 20 years since I was there last (Animal Kingdom was open, but still very new.) But, this is a strange year and, when other trips were cancelled, I had to keep pivoting. I still want to go somewhere safe and I couldn’t ignore all of the positive stories about WDW’s covid response. Happy to actually be able to PLAN and not worry about it getting cancelled again!

I will be there the end of November/beginning of December. I originally planned to go in February but the prices are just way too much. Even now the resort prices are ridiculous. I can't justify staying at Pop for $170/night. I was able to pay for my entire hotel stay (one of the DS hotels) with points and my flights with miles because everything is so cheap. I'm also looking forward to seeing the Christmas decor.

I have a trip planned November 2-6. As of right now I'm still planning on going. Hopefully by then Florida will be off the mandatory self-quarantine list
I find the New York quarantine list, for us, ironic. Back on March, we thought, when Covid put DS out of a job as a professional musician and bartender, it was a perfect opportunity for him to come to Texas and visit. But he'd have to quarantine on return. Then we considered visiting him, but now our county is the "hot spot that NYC used to be" so if we visited him, WE'D have to quarantine after we got back.

I had a solo trip booked for mid-September, but instead I changed it to January. And when I did, the flight cost was less, so my flight's free, and I still have a few dollars in ticketless travel funds. I'm feeling pretty confident about going in January-and SOO glad that I don't have to wear my mask in 90+ degree weather all day.

Planning my first solo trip for the middle of October. Trying to figure out where to stay now.

I will be going solo around Sept 13 - 18th. It will be interesting without being able to park hop, but still looking forward to the trip.

Going Sept 12 - 19, for the time time solo. I'm a little anxious about not having as good of a time being on my own. Any tips or suggestions to make it fun?
Take your time and don't put any pressure on yourself. If there are things you really want to do, then make them priorities. Otherwise, try to see something to do something you have not checked out before. I hope you enjoy your time there.

I'll be taking my very first solo trip the last week of October. I was able to get an incredible rate at Wyndham Bonnet Creek for a 1 bedroom. I'm going to AK on Monday, MK on Tuesday, and the rest the time at Universal, since I have an AP there. I'm so excited!

I just booked for mid-October.

I feel guilty about it - not because of going solo but because of going in Covid.

I just booked for mid-October.

I feel guilty about it - not because of going solo but because of going in Covid.

I got Covid back in June. I was very fortunate that I didn't have to be hospitalized but it was still a very terrible experience. But it got me thinking a lot about things in regards to travel. Travel is what makes me happy and with the sudden stop to all of that, my emotional well-being has declined. This is for certain not the ideal situation for traveling but with airlines/hotels/Disney doing all they can to keep people safe, I'm confident that everything will go well and I can get that joy of traveling and being at Disney again.
I definitely feel a bit of guilt but I also need to self-heal after this difficult summer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts