Fall discounts

Check out the chart of historical discounts on mousesavers.com to get a good idea.

Have there been any updates to ratdog9 's question back in March. Still "impatiently" waiting. I too fear that SWGE has ruined all hopes of fall discounts. Please let me know if anyone has heard any rumors. Thanks!

Have there been any updates to ratdog9 's question back in March. Still "impatiently" waiting. I too fear that SWGE has ruined all hopes of fall discounts. Please let me know if anyone has heard any rumors. Thanks!

No new rumors yet that I've heard.

https://www.mousesavers.com/historical-information-on-walt-disney-world-resort-discounts/In 2018, fall free dining came out at the end of April. Fall discounts came out at the end of June.
In 2017, while there were some fall incentives available at the end of April, there were a lot of blackout dates. General public discounts past Oct 8th didn't come out until mid-July.

I'm thinking we're in for more of a 2017 than a 2018. I'm still hoping we'll get something, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's not until June 23rd or beyond.

I know its all a balancing act from Disney to make the most money. That being said a discount could likely seal my thought to go in September where as right now I am still up in the air of what to do. If I book for September I will just expect no discounts and be extra happy if something comes.

I plan to book regardless as well. But I will wait a bit longer and see if prices drop. Although I'm usually pretty adamant about staying on property, I will happily stay at Margaritaville this time if I have to. :) Fingers still crossed for cabins or Coronado.

Just be aware, WDW is probably running at booking capacity for SWGE, along with F&W and the holidays, so fall discounts are probably going to be slim to none.

Not so sure this is the case. While I expect SWGE will have an impact on fall crowds, I don't think it has the WDW resorts running even close to booking capacity. We just had to shift our vacation from early Nov to early Sept and the resorts have nearly open availability in all categories from Sept 1st - 10th.

Not so sure this is the case. While I expect SWGE will have an impact on fall crowds, I don't think it has the WDW resorts running even close to booking capacity. We just had to shift our vacation from early Nov to early Sept and the resorts have nearly open availability in all categories from Sept 1st - 10th.

Just got off the phone with the resorts reservation line. I usually book a park resort and get a military discount. I asked for that for an upcoming September trip and was told by the CM that due to the Star Wars opening, all Fall discounts have been blocked. There will be no discounts all fall and availability is tight.

Just got off the phone with the resorts reservation line. I usually book a park resort and get a military discount. I asked for that for an upcoming September trip and was told by the CM that due to the Star Wars opening, all Fall discounts have been blocked. There will be no discounts all fall and availability is tight.

Yet this morning I was told by an agent on the resort reservations line that I should expect AP discounts for Sept to be available in the next release. As far as tight availability, I just don't buy it. Disney is going to want to fill rooms, particularly in September which is traditionally a slower month. They'd rather have a room sit full at a discount than empty with no revenue whatsoever. I'm a very analytical person by nature and I've looked at the day by day resort availability for September (actually from Aug 28th to Sept 30th). This info is accurate as of 9:30 am ET today, June 11th.

Here are my findings (resorts listed are sold out for that date):
Aug 28th Pop, All Star Movies, All Star Music, BC, YC, BWI, Poly Villas, GFV, BWV, BCV, AKV Jambo, Campsites
29th BWI, BCV
30th Pop, GFV, Campsites
31st Pop, GFV, Campsites
Sept 1st Pop, All Star Movies, All Star Music, Campsites
2nd All resorts have availability
3rd All resorts have availability
4th All resorts have availability
5th Pop, All Star Music, GFV
6th Pop, All Star Music, All Star Movies, GFV, Campsites
7th All resorts have availability
8th All resorts have availability
9th All Star Sports
10th Poly Villas
11th All resorts have availability
12th Pop, All Star Music, All Star Sports, BC, BWI, GFV
13th All Star Music, BC, YC, BWI, BCV, Campsites
14th All Star Music, BWI, Campsites
15th Pop, Poly Villas
16th GFV
17th All resorts have availability
18th All Star Music, All Star Sports, BWI
19th Pop, BWI, BCV
20th Pop, GFV, Campsites
21st All Star Music
22nd Pop, Poly Villas
23rd Pop, All Star Movies, All Star Sports
24th All resorts have availability
25th All resorts have availability
26th Pop, All Star Movies, All Star Sports, Boulder Ridge
27th Pop, All Star Music, All Star Sports, Poly, Poly Villa, BWV, Boulder Ridge, Campsites
28th Pop, YC, GFV, Campsites
29th Pop, BWV, BCV
30th Poly Villas

Baloney. You can tell online availability is wide open. Maybe they’ve blocked military discounts if those are available year round (idk how those work) but other than that a phone CM is going to know zero about how/when the next discount will be released.

CM getting all worked up about SWGE and it’s one (and not the big one) ride at WDW like it’s Pandora is a bit LOLable considering the exact same thing has been open at Disneyland for 3 weeks now...

I'll also add that Sept/Oct discounts aren't typically released until mid to late June. Historically they've been released between June 15th and 25th for the past 5 years. When New Fantastyland opened they still offered discounts, when Pandora opened they still offered discounts. If Sept was close to sold out for the entire month then I'd be more concerned. But based on Disney's recent pattern of getting as much Share of Wallet as they can (Resort Parking Fees, Early Morning Magic, Disney After Hours etc...) I believe they'll want as many rooms filled as possible, even at a discount.

Baloney. You can tell online availability is wide open. Maybe they’ve blocked military discounts if those are available year round (idk how those work) but other than that a phone CM is going to know zero about how/when the next discount will be released.

CM getting all worked up about SWGE and it’s one (and not the big one) ride at WDW like it’s Pandora is a bit LOLable considering the exact same thing has been open at Disneyland for 3 weeks now...

Just relaying what she told me. She was pretty clear that "ALL" fall discounts have been blocked, not just military. Her words were that they received direction that "all Fall discounts are blocked due to Star Wars." Maybe she was lying to me?

Since I need about 7 rooms, she told me that she was unable to look at the Contemporary at a macro level to tel me, for instance, if she had seven Garden Wing rooms available. Her system shows her that she has availability in general at Garden Wing, Tower Theme Park view, and so on. But not how many rooms in each area. She said I had to go through the booking process one room at a time.

Just relaying what she told me. She was pretty clear that "ALL" fall discounts have been blocked, not just military. Her words were that they received direction that "all Fall discounts are blocked due to Star Wars." Maybe she was lying to me?

Since I need about 7 rooms, she told me that she was unable to look at the Contemporary at a macro level to tel me, for instance, if she had seven Garden Wing rooms available. Her system shows her that she has availability in general at Garden Wing, Tower Theme Park view, and so on. But not how many rooms in each area. She said I had to go through the booking process one room at a time.

I wouldn't say lying as much as making up her own information. ;)

I spoke to a CM yesterday about my 2020 reservation and she was telling me to watch for the discounts that will be released for them eventually.

Unfortunately the phone CMS just seem blurt out anything. I really wish they would just say "I don't know" instead of making up an answer.

I'll also add that Sept/Oct discounts aren't typically released until mid to late June. Historically they've been released between June 15th and 25th for the past 5 years. When New Fantastyland opened they still offered discounts, when Pandora opened they still offered discounts. If Sept was close to sold out for the entire month then I'd be more concerned. But based on Disney's recent pattern of getting as much Share of Wallet as they can (Resort Parking Fees, Early Morning Magic, Disney After Hours etc...) I believe they'll want as many rooms filled as possible, even at a discount.

Good info to know. I'll try to get back with them later in June to see if any sort of discount opens up!

I wouldn't say lying as much as making up her own information. ;)

I spoke to a CM yesterday about my 2020 reservation and she was telling me to watch for the discounts that will be released for them eventually.

Unfortunately the phone CMS just seem blurt out anything. I really wish they would just say "I don't know" instead of making up an answer.

Well, I'll have to keep going online or calling them back. At least for today, there is no discount for my week of 7-14 September. Maybe later this month...

Last year I booked a trip in late July only a month out and I got a really good discount! Not used to seeing no discounts. As for the Stars Wars stuff, it just doesn't seem like much but I'm so not interested in it anyway.

Well, I'll have to keep going online or calling them back. At least for today, there is no discount for my week of 7-14 September. Maybe later this month...

Last year I booked a trip in late July only a month out and I got a really good discount! Not used to seeing no discounts. As for the Stars Wars stuff, it just doesn't seem like much but I'm so not interested in it anyway.
Just keep checking in on this forum of the DIS. It’ll blow up with chatter when discounts are released.

Hey all. I am returning to the DIS boards after about a 16 year absence. Me and the Mrs. are trying to plan a trip for our 30 year wedding anniversary (we went for our honeymoon so we figured it's fitting to go back for this occasion). I have to get back up to speed on on my WDW tips and tricks. Would I be correct to assume that if discounts do come out that a November discount would not show up until Mid Julyish??
Also, how easy is it to apply discount if your already booked?

Thanks!!

I’d say she didn’t mean to lie to you. Disney phone reps are known to give out bad info across departments. It’s nice you to tell us because on rare occasion they are right so this way everyone can look at the info and give their take on it :) Good luck with your room booking. If you want more on the process of booking that many rooms I’d straight up start a thread on the resorts board and ask what the process is so you know when to HUCA it next time because you have a bad CM. (Hang Up, Call Again)

Yet this morning I was told by an agent on the resort reservations line that I should expect AP discounts for Sept to be available in the next release. As far as tight availability, I just don't buy it. Disney is going to want to fill rooms, particularly in September which is traditionally a slower month. They'd rather have a room sit full at a discount than empty with no revenue whatsoever. I'm a very analytical person by nature and I've looked at the day by day resort availability for September (actually from Aug 28th to Sept 30th). This info is accurate as of 9:30 am ET today, June 11th.

Here are my findings (resorts listed are sold out for that date):
Aug 28th Pop, All Star Movies, All Star Music, BC, YC, BWI, Poly Villas, GFV, BWV, BCV, AKV Jambo, Campsites
29th BWI, BCV
30th Pop, GFV, Campsites
31st Pop, GFV, Campsites
Sept 1st Pop, All Star Movies, All Star Music, Campsites
2nd All resorts have availability
3rd All resorts have availability
4th All resorts have availability
5th Pop, All Star Music, GFV
6th Pop, All Star Music, All Star Movies, GFV, Campsites
7th All resorts have availability
8th All resorts have availability
9th All Star Sports
10th Poly Villas
11th All resorts have availability
12th Pop, All Star Music, All Star Sports, BC, BWI, GFV
13th All Star Music, BC, YC, BWI, BCV, Campsites
14th All Star Music, BWI, Campsites
15th Pop, Poly Villas
16th GFV
17th All resorts have availability
18th All Star Music, All Star Sports, BWI
19th Pop, BWI, BCV
20th Pop, GFV, Campsites
21st All Star Music
22nd Pop, Poly Villas
23rd Pop, All Star Movies, All Star Sports
24th All resorts have availability
25th All resorts have availability
26th Pop, All Star Movies, All Star Sports, Boulder Ridge
27th Pop, All Star Music, All Star Sports, Poly, Poly Villa, BWV, Boulder Ridge, Campsites
28th Pop, YC, GFV, Campsites
29th Pop, BWV, BCV
30th Poly Villas
WOW! Fab compilation! Keep going! :thumbsup2

There are some good discounts for june, july and august. just not the fall discounts yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter