Fall discounts

I had the opposite experience this week - a reservations CM said that discounts for fall would be coming out in the next few weeks. I also take that with a grain of salt, but I still think something will appear for my September 11-15 trip.

I was told the same thing this morning. The CM said to check back mid-July for fall discounts. I always take it with a grain of salt, but I really do believe there will be discounts for my Sept 1-10th trip.

I think that Disneyland's SWGE post-reservation period crowds have been substantially lower than anticipated and it's making them wonder how WDW's SWGE opening will impact crowds (also less than anticipated is my guess).

I think that Disneyland's SWGE post-reservation period crowds have been substantially lower than anticipated and it's making them wonder how WDW's SWGE opening will impact crowds (also less than anticipated is my guess).

I'm pretty sure, based on what their on site reservations look like, they know by now what to expect. Not saying attendance will be what they originally anticipated or that there won't be discounts, but they already know. I don't think there's a chance that general discounts for September won't be released until mid-July if they're coming out at all. And while DLR SWGE may not be as crowded as you anticipated, I don't think it's less crowded than DLR expected. I believe they have local AP's blocked right now (someone can correct me if I'm wrong) and if they were less crowded than expected, they wouldn't be changing their system for Oga's cantina and running out of merchandise. Again, I hope they do have discounts. I won't be the least bit surprised if they don't.

I'm pretty sure, based on what their on site reservations look like, they know by now what to expect. Not saying attendance will be what they originally anticipated or that there won't be discounts, but they already know. I don't think there's a chance that general discounts for September won't be released until mid-July if they're coming out at all. And while DLR SWGE may not be as crowded as you anticipated, I don't think it's less crowded than DLR expected. I believe they have local AP's blocked right now (someone can correct me if I'm wrong) and if they were less crowded than expected, they wouldn't be changing their system for Oga's cantina and running out of merchandise. Again, I hope they do have discounts. I won't be the least bit surprised if they don't.

I can't speak to general public discounts as I was asking the CM about AP discounts. That is what she was referring to when telling me she was fairly sure we'd see availability past Aug 28th by mid-July. That makes sense to me as there are currently 2 AP offers "live". One ends June 30th and the other ends Aug 28th. I believe once the June 30th offer expires we will see Sept/Oct AP discounts.

Many Disney bloggers and vloggers have said that SWGE isn't nearly as crowded as anticipated since the reservation system period has ended. It's 10:00am PST on the Friday before the July 4th holiday and the Millennium Falcon is currently a 60 min wait. I'm not saying that it hasn't been a success, but I am quite sure Disney felt it would be a bigger draw than it has been this past week.

If you look at WDW hotel availability for Sept and the first 2 weeks in Oct: it's practically open. I looked date by date this morning and there are very few dates where ANY hotels are sold out and many dates with almost completely open availability. Disney is a business and I believe they'd rather fill a room at a discount and get the potential share of wallet from that guest as they spend money on park admission, meals, merchandise etc...rather than let a room sit empty.

Sometimes the Disney Visa discount is better than the general public discount and is released a couple days sooner. It'll show under the Special Offers page, as well. I say that because while sometimes there will be an email from them mentioning it, it usually doesn't arrive until after it's been available for some time. I've had better Disney Visa discounts than AP discounts and better AP discounts than Disney Visa discounts. There's no telling which will be better ahead of time. You do have to pay for the booking with the Disney Visa.

"It'll show under the Special Offers page, as well. "

Where is the special offers page?

FWIW I’ve been following discounts on these boards for many years. One thing that is always true is that when something is coming down the line, the chatter starts to heat up. You start to hear bits and pieces , credible sounding rumours from credible sources, and low and behold, something gets released. I wasn’t seeing any of that until this week ...but now I am.

Based on the patterns from over a decade of being on these boards it sounds like something is coming for Fall discounts . There’s too many credible sources hinting at it now for it to be nothing IMO.

My heart began to pound a little faster tonight when I received a unique offer code via email, but then it resumed normal speed when I read that it’s only good for stays through 8/28. 😔 Still holding out hope for a September discount!

...I think that Disneyland's SWGE post-reservation period crowds have been substantially lower than anticipated and it's making them wonder how WDW's SWGE opening will impact crowds (also less than anticipated is my guess).
They have been lighter. But it hasn’t resulted in Disney releasing any hotel discounts. And the normal ones, like military rates, were pulled and are still not being put back in the system for summer. As such any type of on-site accommodation you want for almost any day this summer at DLR looks to be available but prices start around $500 with taxes. Disneyland has a lot of wiggle room to discount, but they aren’t.

That said I believe we will see WDW discounts- unless some new anti-discount person has taken over somewhere on the operations chain, the pulling of military discounts on both coasts has me concerned- because WDW has a strong history of discounts whereas we can’t remember the last time DLR did a general public summer discount (military was available).

...Many Disney bloggers and vloggers have said that SWGE isn't nearly as crowded as anticipated since the reservation system period has ended. It's 10:00am PST on the Friday before the July 4th holiday and the Millennium Falcon is currently a 60 min wait. I'm not saying that it hasn't been a success, but I am quite sure Disney felt it would be a bigger draw than it has been this past week...
For sure. To put Disney’s expectations for Disneyland into perspective over the last couple weeks they lifted the all summer CM blackout, came out with a $99 AP bring a friend offer (blocked out APs can even participate if they pay $99), are said to be cutting CM hours and announced a limited run of MSEP Aug-Sept (personally I think Aug is the quickest they could get a nighttime parade up and running or they’d start it sooner)...

I wonder how many people are holding fall reservations waiting for a discount or waiting for Disney to say how they are going to deal with SWGE at WDW. It feels like a lot of unknowns for people with fall trips.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter