Fall discounts

Just got off the phone with the resorts reservation line. I usually book a park resort and get a military discount. I asked for that for an upcoming September trip and was told by the CM that due to the Star Wars opening, all Fall discounts have been blocked. There will be no discounts all fall and availability is tight.
The CM reservations may have said this to you, but as my experience as booking Disney reservations in Disney, #1. CM’s do not typically know when the discounts come out, they may suspect, 2.it sounds to me you spoke with someone off property, someone who works for flow over call center, you would never know because they are trained the same.#3, yes....discounts for this time technically are not available so of course they come up as blocked! They have not been announced yet!

Just got off the phone with the resorts reservation line. I usually book a park resort and get a military discount. I asked for that for an upcoming September trip and was told by the CM that due to the Star Wars opening, all Fall discounts have been blocked. There will be no discounts all fall and availability is tight.
I booked AKL for the last week in Oct. and so far no military discount BUT there was a military discount for YC during that week. I was told to keep checking back. If not a military rate than maybe a Fl resident one. Fingers crossed.

So, I see all the buzz here about the 2020 rates being released today as well as the new AP rate.

Anyone done any checking on discounts for September 2019 yet? I haven't felt like calling (I'm at work) but was hoping someone might have heard something.

So, I see all the buzz here about the 2020 rates being released today as well as the new AP rate.

Anyone done any checking on discounts for September 2019 yet? I haven't felt like calling (I'm at work) but was hoping someone might have heard something.

I was browsing the special offers section of the Disney World site and I see at the very bottom of that section there is a Military Discount from April 26- December 19 and the booking window goes through December 19. Maybe there isn't anything in the fall time frame you were looking for available, but there doesn't appear to be a blackout of dates in the fall. I saw your posts earlier in the thread about the CM telling you otherwise. I'd definitely call back. https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers/military-hotel-rates-2019/

WDW site:

Edit: sorry BebopBaloo. I didn't see your post before I started typing mine. Same info except for the link.

I was browsing the special offers section of the Disney World site and I see at the very bottom of that section there is a Military Discount from April 26- December 19 and the booking window goes through December 19. Maybe there isn't anything in the fall time frame you were looking for available, but there doesn't appear to be a blackout of dates in the fall. I saw your posts earlier in the thread about the CM telling you otherwise. I'd definitely call back. https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers/military-hotel-rates-2019/

Thanks, yes, I had read that military discount language also but was still told that for the dates I was looking for, there were NO discounts being offered. I hoping that some get released in the next week or two.

Bear in mind September discounts already did come (and go). There were some really good discounts available Jan-Mar for stays through Sept 30th, and the discounts were off the old rack rates before they increased.
...But that was before they announced the Aug 29 SWGE opening.

I have my fingers crossed that we could see the first fall discounts this Sunday or Monday but there's no guarantee, it's just a date where there's been new discounts in past years. Could be AP-only, FL-only, or Disney Visa at first.

Bear in mind September discounts already did come (and go). There were some really good discounts available Jan-Mar for stays through Sept 30th, and the discounts were off the old rack rates before they increased.

I have my fingers crossed that we could see the first fall discounts this Sunday or Monday but there's no guarantee, it's just a date where there's been new discounts in past years. Could be AP-only, FL-only, or Disney Visa at first.
Hi, ok, I’ve always been an AP holder or a cast member so I know those discounts...but I’m new to the chase Disney Visa premier card. Can you tell me ho those discounts work? Thanxs

Hi, ok, I’ve always been an AP holder or a cast member so I know those discounts...but I’m new to the chase Disney Visa premier card. Can you tell me ho those discounts work? Thanxs

I'm not super-experienced with it either but I think last year, for example, the email came that was "cardmember early access" to the same room rate sale that opened up to the general public a week or two later.

If I remember right, the info was posted here at DIS before I even got the email :thumbsup2

Sometimes the Disney Visa discount is better than the general public discount and is released a couple days sooner. It'll show under the Special Offers page, as well. I say that because while sometimes there will be an email from them mentioning it, it usually doesn't arrive until after it's been available for some time. I've had better Disney Visa discounts than AP discounts and better AP discounts than Disney Visa discounts. There's no telling which will be better ahead of time. You do have to pay for the booking with the Disney Visa.

I ended up finally booking my 6 rooms (Nov 19 trip) at the Grand Floridian. The CM offered up the military discount for the rooms, so I got the rooms for about $450 per night. I know I seem ungrateful, but I *really* wanted Contemporary Garden Wing (that's sounds silly, doesn't it?). With the military discount it's about $100 cheaper per night than the GF, but they are BOOKED SOLID!!!

Now I just need to jazz myself up over the Grand Floridian. God, I sound like a spoiled brat.:crazy2:

I ended up finally booking my 6 rooms (Nov 19 trip) at the Grand Floridian. The CM offered up the military discount for the rooms, so I got the rooms for about $450 per night. I know I seem ungrateful, but I *really* wanted Contemporary Garden Wing (that's sounds silly, doesn't it?). With the military discount it's about $100 cheaper per night than the GF, but they are BOOKED SOLID!!!

Now I just need to jazz myself up over the Grand Floridian. God, I sound like a spoiled brat.:crazy2:
So I read your post this morning about getting the military rate.....yay!, I have called for weeks for the military rate with no luck. Called 10 minutes ago and she got me the military rate for my dates and saved us $875 :yay:. Thank you

So I read your post this morning about getting the military rate.....yay!, I have called for weeks for the military rate with no luck. Called 10 minutes ago and she got me the military rate for my dates and saved us $875 :yay:. Thank you

So good to hear! Yeah I'm not sure what's up with that military discount. I called two different CMs last weekend and could not get it. My cousin called on Wednesday and got it easily.

Not so patiently waiting for Fall RO discounts of some sort, but I’m worried that they may not come . I tried renting DVC points but there was nothing in a studio left for our dates. All the Agency exclusive offers were booked.. pickings are slim for late October. We are booked for 8 nights at POR which we just love but it’s more than I wanted to spend . If we move to POFQ it would save about $140. That isn’t much , but beteeen that and using discounted gift cards to pay off the reservation I could shave $225 off the total .
I will be pretty surprised if any discounts open up for my dates.

The “My First Disney Getaway Package” is posted again this morning. Limited dates in Aug & Sept. Call to book. Only valid at All Stars, 2 day tix for MK and AK, and stroller rental.
Hoping this is a sign of more to come. 🤞

The “My First Disney Getaway Package” is posted again this morning. Limited dates in Aug & Sept. Call to book. Only valid at All Stars, 2 day tix for MK and AK, and stroller rental.
Hoping this is a sign of more to come. 🤞
I’m wondering if this type of discount is the going to be what to expect at least for right after SWGE release. It’s very targeted—limiting the parks you can access and the resorts you can stay in, etc.

problem is it's not really a discount...if i am doing the math correctly (which admittedly is questionable :-)), rack rate for mid week at a value standard room is only 112/night, add 2 day non hoppers and it takes price to 938. disney is offering this "deal" starting at 999. i don't know how much strollers cost, but it seems like this "discount" is a discounted stroller and goodie bag. 🤨

I have the discount that went away after the announcement for SWGE. We had booked the opening date for a few days, all nights discounted and 3 nights the very end of Sept into October with 1 night at rack rate since the offer expired Sept 1. I was guessing on the end date of illuminations so when they announced that, I cancelled the first reservation. I'd be surprised if they put out another fall discount after they pulled that one, but if bookings aren't what they expected, I'm sure they will. I'd love it if they did though. Our Sept trip has 1 night at rack rate since the offer expired Sept1.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter