Fall... sigh...

leebee

DIS Veteran
About 1/3 of the leaves on the maple tree in my backyard have turned fiery red-orange. Looks like Summer is almost over and Fall is on its way... Sigh...

About 1/3 of the leaves on the maple tree in my backyard have turned fiery red-orange. Looks like Summer is almost over and Fall is on its way... Sigh...
Nope, nope, nope, NOPE!! Mind-over-matter. Summer's not over until I say it is. :mad:
201409101854511vn243un35iom4pj0y404ac45.jpg

Not in the midwest yet. Still hot and humid. Can't wait for the leaves to change. It's one of the reasons I chose to live in an older neighborhood.

We've been in Lake Placid all week enjoying less humidity and cooler temps than we're getting back home. It's been like a preview of fall. I'm not looking forward to returning to hot and humid.

Not in the midwest yet. Still hot and humid. Can't wait for the leaves to change. It's one of the reasons I chose to live in an older neighborhood.
When we had those cooler days a couple of weeks ago some of the maple trees (the younger ones) including ours started to turn just a bit...but of course it's back to being hot again..they've stopped turning though.

No signs of fall here but I can't wait! It can't come soon enough!

I just Love summer and the sun, I love to soak in every bit of sun I can get. I dreading sending the kids back to school in two weeks and I'm dreading the winter more so then fall. It just hit me yesterday as it was the last day of a family vacation that soon everyone will be back so to school and our carefree days of summer are ending, sad. The older my kids get the harder it is to send them off because I know before I can blink I'll have no more kids left at home to send off to school.

I live in Georgia,we have two seasons. Hot and cold. I'm not a fan of fall, all those leaves turning just means they are dying and it's going to turn cold soon. Nope, don't like it.

I'm so jealous, being in South Florida we do not have the joy of Fall really. We just back from Costco, temp registering the car was 99 degrees, its only 11am too... So muggy and sticky.

Enjoy for me please.....

Autumn is my favorite season, so I'm definitely looking forward to it. I'm tired of the heat and humidity and running the A/C. Although I don't enjoy winter much anymore, that's the only bad part about autumn - that winter follows right behind. I love the cooler weather of autumn though, and the leaves turning colors on the trees and then falling. I love walking in the leaves. :) Looking forward to wearing jeans and sweatshirts again too. :)

OP here, I'm in Maine. Yesterday's high was 62 degrees. Yes, that's a low for this time of year; right now it's only 66, supposed to go to 75, which is also low; it's been a cooler-than-average summer. If it follows the usual pattern, we will have temps in the 80s until mid-September (just in time to make us miserable back in our non-air-conditioned schools). Fall is definitely right around the corner. Fall is my favorite season, but i HATE thinking that winter will come. Hopefully we won't have snow before Thanksgiving, but I am not holding my breath.

I'll be leaving Fla in the beginning of October and going to Maine. I hope to see some colorful leaves then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter