Falmouth excursions in March

Which would you choose for adults and teens? (Choose 2, as we may separate)

• Green Grotto Caves Express (FA73)

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Chukka Catamaran Cruise and Dunn's River Falls (FA14)

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Rafting on the Martha Brae (FA01)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chukka Horseback Ride and Swim (FA15)

• Hampden Estate Rum Tour (FA70)

• Sky Explorer and Dunn's River Falls (FA11)

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Exclusive & Fun Beach Break (FA75)

• Adrenaline Zipline and Adventure Falls (FA62)

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters

FigmentSpark

DIS Veteran
Looking at a few different things and I was hoping people here could give me some opinions.

We are 5 people, 3 adults and 2 teen boys (15 and 17)

You can vote for 2 things, because we don't have to stay together. In fact, the Rum tour is adults only and the Chairlift and ziplining will not be good for a couple of our party that have fear of heights. So we may choose to separate.

I didn't vote, last time we did this cruise we stayed on the ship in Falmouth. We are doing another WC in Jan. I have the beach break one(FA75) booked for my family(Dh, myself, and 11dd). I can let you know all about it when we return if you like. I plan on sitting in a chair on the beach with a drink while my dd will be all over the inflatables. Dh will probably go out with her. I've read good things about this on TripAdvisor, so looking forward to it.
Do you watch Real Housewives of New Jersery by chance? They did the horse excursion at Chukka on the show last week. It didn't look very good.

I didn't vote, last time we did this cruise we stayed on the ship in Falmouth. We are doing another WC in Jan. I have the beach break one(FA75) booked for my family(Dh, myself, and 11dd). I can let you know all about it when we return if you like. I plan on sitting in a chair on the beach with a drink while my dd will be all over the inflatables. Dh will probably go out with her. I've read good things about this on TripAdvisor, so looking forward to it.
Do you watch Real Housewives of New Jersery by chance? They did the horse excursion at the place DCL uses on the show last week. It didn't look very good.
Thanks. I'd appreciate your feedback. Have a great trip.

No, no Real Housewives of... for me. Too depressing, lol. But thanks for the tip about the excursion.

One thing I remember from the reviews about the beach break one. They don't allow any food or drinks to be brought in and will search any bags you bring with you. We usually bring our own water bottles and snacks with us, but now know we can't on this excursion. It includes, lunch so we don't really need snacks. I would prefer to be able to bring my own bottle of water, but they don't allow it. Thought I would mention this in case it would matter to you.

Wow, that's kind of a deal breaker. Do they provide water? Maybe I could understand not allowing other drinks, but water? Also, I'm not really into being searched as I go to the beach. :(

I'm not sure. Just from what I read, people said they weren't allowed to bring anything in, so not sure if that includes water or not. Which I think is beyond crappy if they don't allow water. I don't take plastic water bottles, but have always filled our metal thermos with water on all other excursions. I don't plan on taking them on this excursion. I don't know if they would allow that or not. I'll be checking until our cruise to see if there's any newer reviews about it.

I'm not sure. Just from what I read, people said they weren't allowed to bring anything in, so not sure if that includes water or not. Which I think is beyond crappy if they don't allow water. I don't take plastic water bottles, but have always filled our metal thermos with water on all other excursions. I don't plan on taking them on this excursion. I don't know if they would allow that or not. I'll be checking until our cruise to see if there's any newer reviews about it.
Thanks for the heads-up. If you find anything out, please come back and let me know.

We just did the beach break (12/11) and I wouldn’t do it again. They didn’t search our bags like the person above, but were pushy about trying to sell us things. Someone was constantly coming around trying to convince us to pay to swim with the dolphins (“Swim with our Jamaican dolphins. They sing and dance like us Jamaicans.”🙄), buy drinks, buy photos, buy a massage and it never stopped even though we said no every time. And then they set up a cooking demonstration directly behind our loungers, the lady doing it had a mic with really bad feedback and it was LOUD. We honestly couldn’t wait to be done and get back to the ship.

It was a pretty beach but was the opposite of relaxing. And the drive there was also pretty scary.

We just did the beach break (12/11) and I wouldn’t do it again. They didn’t search our bags like the person above, but were pushy about trying to sell us things. Someone was constantly coming around trying to convince us to pay to swim with the dolphins (“Swim with our Jamaican dolphins. They sing and dance like us Jamaicans.”🙄), buy drinks, buy photos, buy a massage and it never stopped even though we said no every time. And then they set up a cooking demonstration directly behind our loungers, the lady doing it had a mic with really bad feedback and it was LOUD. We honestly couldn’t wait to be done and get back to the ship.

It was a pretty beach but was the opposite of relaxing. And the drive there was also pretty scary.

Was the dolphin pen close to where you where you were at on the beach? I have this booked, but after doing more research I'm thinking so switching to something else.

Was the dolphin pen close to where you where you were at on the beach? I have this booked, but after doing more research I'm thinking so switching to something else.

Yes, we could see it easily from where our loungers were on the beach, I don’t know if it would have been as visible from the pool though since we didn’t hang out there. We could see the dolphins jumping every once in awhile. We did a dolphin excursion in Cozumel and compared to that I thought the area they had the dolphins in was pretty sad looking. I can try to post a picture later, if you like?

Yes, we could see it easily from where our loungers were on the beach, I don’t know if it would have been as visible from the pool though since we didn’t hang out there. We could see the dolphins jumping every once in awhile. We did a dolphin excursion in Cozumel and compared to that I thought the area they had the dolphins in was pretty sad looking. I can try to post a picture later, if you like?

Thanks. We've also done a dolphin excursion in Cozumel, so I'm not concerned about seeing them. It has to do with something I recently read which is quite gross. One of the reviews on TripAdvisor mentioned it being really close to the beach chairs and the dolphin waste being in the water there. It was only mentioned by one person, who gave the place a pretty negative review over all. Just wondering how accurate that may be. And I realize that the ocean is full of fish poo, but the thought of the dolphins being really close by makes it really icky. I like a really nice relaxing beach day, having them constantly coming to sell stuff would really irritate me. Thanks for letting us know about that. I know this is a newer excursion, so not many reviews on here about it.

Thanks. We've also done a dolphin excursion in Cozumel, so I'm not concerned about seeing them. It has to do with something I recently read which is quite gross. One of the reviews on TripAdvisor mentioned it being really close to the beach chairs and the dolphin waste being in the water there. It was only mentioned by one person, who gave the place a pretty negative review over all. Just wondering how accurate that may be. And I realize that the ocean is full of fish poo, but the thought of the dolphins being really close by makes it really icky. I like a really nice relaxing beach day, having them constantly coming to sell stuff would really irritate me. Thanks for letting us know about that. I know this is a newer excursion, so not many reviews on here about it.
lol - not to mention all the humans who maybe don't want to make it back to the bathroom while in the ocean, either. 🤪

lol - not to mention all the humans who maybe don't want to make it back to the bathroom while in the ocean, either. 🤪

This is why I don't go in the pools and spend almost all of my beach time sitting in a chair with a drink!! I may need a few extra drinks the next time I go in the water,lol!

We recently hired a guide to take us to the Blue Hole and Secret Falls, and it was amazing. My kids were reluctant to get off the ship in Jamaica (they just wanted to stay and hang out), but it ended up being their favorite excursion! It was a lot of fun and a unique experience, and wasn’t very crowded because it’s not an excursion offered by the cruise lines. Check it out! You won’t be disappointed!

We just got back from our Western Caribbean cruise. Our family did a Dunn River Falls excursion-though on our own, not through the cruise line. We loved it! Even my kids (ages 8, 12, 17) thought it was cool. The only negative is that I didn't realize how far it is between Falmouth and Dunn River. Granted there were 5 cruise ships at Jamaica on that day (not all at Falmouth) which made the roads and attractions rather crowded. But it took us an hour and a half drive each way. So just be sure to factor that into your plans if you choose Dunn River. We still thought it was worth it. :)

We just got back from our cruise and did the Catamaran, Snorkel, Dunn’sRiver Falls excursion. Everyone in our family had a great time! The bus ride to the marina for the catamaran was just over an hour, snorkel for half hour, climb falls an hour, and then boat ride back to get bus.
We met in the ship at 7:45am and returned to the ship just after 3pm. No food is included (just drinks). I’d suggest bringing some snacks with you. We really wished we’d had some granola or protein bars. I didn’t see any food for sale, but were told to go straight back to the catamaran after the falls climb so I never really looked, but didn’t see anyone on our boat with food.

We just got back from our Western Caribbean cruise. Our family did a Dunn River Falls excursion-though on our own, not through the cruise line. We loved it! Even my kids (ages 8, 12, 17) thought it was cool. The only negative is that I didn't realize how far it is between Falmouth and Dunn River. Granted there were 5 cruise ships at Jamaica on that day (not all at Falmouth) which made the roads and attractions rather crowded. But it took us an hour and a half drive each way. So just be sure to factor that into your plans if you choose Dunn River. We still thought it was worth it. :)

Unfortunately, Falmouth is very far from most excursion locations. The port is much nicer than the Ocho Rios port, but it makes getting anywhere more difficult. We considered the long ride back and forth part of the culture experience, as we got to see and hear about Jamaica from our awesome tour guide.

We did the DCL excursion that included the Falls, Jamaican Bobsleds and Lunch.

Climbing the falls was one of the funnest things we have done. (Our guide up the falls was GREAT!!). The chairlift to the top of the mountain had lots of great views. The bobsleds were fun as well (but only one ride). Lunch was actually pretty good. BUT I would skip the lunch and pay extra for more trips on the bob sled (if the bob sled line wasn't too long)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!