False eyelashes

Imzadi

♥ Saved by an angel in a trench coat!
Anyone else wear them? I attended a 60s costume party last night. I decided to wear false eyelashes to get that extremely spikey, "Twiggy" look back then. A friend put them on me, as I've never worn them before.

I LOVE them. :love: I have always had such skimpy lashes. Even mascara really doesn't help. They don't seem to take more time than putting several layers of mascara, even with waiting for the glue to dry. And the effect is so much better.

Anyone else wear them? What about the magnetic ones? The magnetic seem a lot easier to put on & take off. But, they also seem like, if you accidentally swipe at your eye, the lashes could fall off and it would be next to impossible to get back on, in public, without tweezers & a mirror. :headache: What has been your experience? Any tips or warnings on either the glue on or magnetic ones? :)

I have friends who have their eyelashes done professionally. They look great and I am jealous, but since I am seemingly allergic to the entire world I'm afraid that I will have a reaction to them. My eyelashes are also kind of short and skimpy and mascara doesn't do much for them. I'm gonna watch this thread in the hopes it will make me brave enough to take the plunge and try them!

Ugh, I so wish I could. I have tried and failed doing them myself.

I do as Mrs. C’s friends. I get them done in a women’s home. I get refills every 3 weeks for 40$. I am up at 5 daily, as I work 7-3, and I love the do nothing but wash up in the mornings.

I bought some awhile back but couldn't get the hang of putting them on. The inner edge always came up. I'm thinking of looking into what mommasita is talking about, at least for vacations.

My DD has worn them for years for competitive dance. They really do give a great finished look.

Magnetic lashes - we tried them last year and never could get them to work. We watched videos on YouTube and followed all the instructions and still couldn’t get them to work.

I also did not have any luck with magnetic lashes. They stayed on fine but they were very hard to place, and you couldn't "slide" them around to get in place once on because of the magnets, if that makes sense.

Aside from the strip lashes, there are also individual glue-on lashes you can buy. They're usually fans of three lashes and you buy a set of them. It gives you more flexibility to place the lashes exactly where you want them, and you can use as many or as few as you want. I find these easier to place because they are so small, and I don't have the issue of one of the ends of coming up during the time I'm wearing them.

I don't wear falsies on the regular, but I'll wear them for special dress-up opportunities! I've never gotten magnetic to work and I found the trick with regular glue-on is to make sure they are trimmed to your eye length first! If you don't trim them, the edges will come up.

images

There is definitely a STEEP learning curve to putting these on. I got on one that looked great. But the other side was too high on the lid. So I peeled it off and applied it again. Only, my fingers now had glue all over them and they ended up gluing the lashes together in little clumps. :headache: And the glue doesn't wash out of them afterward. :badpc:

I looked like Liza Minnelli did when she used to have such clumpy false eyelashes. Now, I'm thinking, maybe Liza didn't do that look on purpose??? :scratchin

7442_2.jpg

The Dollar Tree has some false eyelashes for $1. They are kind of sparse looking, but I may buy several just to practice putting them on.

A friend did give me the tip of going to Sephora and having one of the makeup people there teach me how to put the eyelashes on properly and get fitted for a pair. The Sephora brand of eyelashes is only $10. :thumbsup2

You might want to watch some of the drag queen makeup tutorials on YouTube. They’re fabulous!

You might want to watch some of the drag queen makeup tutorials on YouTube. They’re fabulous!

:thumbsup2 I watched a "regular" YouTube tutorial. But, if anyone would know great tips on how to apply them and make them stay on, it would be a drag queen. :teeth:

I also saw a couple tutorials for the magnetic lashes. They said to cut the bottom lash into 3 sections and apply them that way. But, those magnetic lashes just look like they may not stay on well. One accidental swipe across the eyelid and there goes the lash! :scared:

There are lash studios popping up all over the city. When I get them done, I get the clusters - $20-$25 and they last a week. I LOVE them. The glue is black, so not only do I not have to do mascara in the morning, I don't have to do eyeliner either.

I'd love to try them, but I'm sure I'd be allergic to the glue or something else. I'm allergic to everything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!