Family/companion restrooms

wendy1974

DIS Veteran
I will be traveling with a friend who has a 9 year old son on this trip. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if there is a site that lists locations of family restrooms in each park. Her DS has some anxiety problems and other issues that might help if she was able to accompany him to the restroom. TIA

There are hardly any family restrooms in the parks. There are, however, companion restrooms. Go to first aid for a list of where they are in the park you are in. They are to be used for disabled persons.

And as we all know many "disabilities" are hidden ones and WE should never judge whether a family needs the restroom or not.

If you want to flame, go ahead, this is really ugadog99.

No flames here, thanks for mentioning the 'hidden disabilities'. While my claustrophobia, which had gone dormant for many years but flared back up after a recent MRI, would not cause me to have to use the companion restrooms at WDW, it did cause me to feel panicked in a regular restroom stall the other day. The larger, accessible stall would certainly make me feel less anxious. The bar would also make it easier for me to get up, as my back/groin area is very tender. None of this is visible though, and I hope I wouldn't get chastised for using an accessible stall.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter