Family Disney Vacay turns into a Wedding!

pixistix

Mouseketeer
DH and I have done annual Disney trips for some time. This year we decided it was time to take our oldest DD (25) and granddaughter too. So we begin Disney trip planning for early August (yes, I know it's hot...we've done more August trips than I like to admit but because of college and school, it works the best for our schedule).
So the plan was for DH, me, DD (25), DD(19) and DD(16) and DGD(2) to take DGD to Disney for the first time since she'll still be free.
DD25 and her DBF decide that since everyone who matters will be there, that they will get married while we're there! And within a week is the official engagement and the wedding planning begins!
DFTW was too expensive so DD found a place called Paradise Cove. Was pretty and has the 'backdrop' of palm trees and a lake which is what she wanted. So she booked it.
I booked a dinner reservation for 15 ppl for O'Hana for 6:20 p.m. the evening of the wedding (8/9/10) and that will be our after wedding dinner. I figure I can also order a small wedding cake we can have delivered to the restaurant.
We're keeping it simple and relatively inexpensive.
We booked WL in order to be close to the MK in anticipation of spending much time there with DGD. We've stayed at WL before and love it!
Six of us are flying and a few are driving which will make it easier to get dresses there.
Lots of "firsts" this trip: DGD(2) first trip to WDW. She's a true Disney Princess in the making. She could say "Mickey" before age 1, knows all her princesses and the characters and like her nanny, loves all things Disney!
DD's fiance has never been on a plane and never been to Disney~!
It's a first for my dad to be in Disney with us. When I was 10 we went to go to Disney with our motor home and there was no available parking for the motor home so we couldn't go in :eek: (probably why I became obsessed with Disney as an adult!).
We are all so excited and are now in the thick of wedding planning and trip planning for a family of Disney veterans and newbies!:dance3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter