• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

family first house rentals

mainoffender99

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone just found this site and I am not sure where to post this My family are doing the Orlando trip next July 7 for three weeks we have 1 week @ westgate villas and we would like to stay at westgate for the remainder but cant seem to purchase the weeks and we have heard about house rentals from a company called family firsts.These sound great 2-7 bedroom homes priced @ 129 per night and up Has anyone ever heard of them good or bad experiences Or similar house rentals.Great informative site btw.

Thanks Bill

Families First is great! Their houses are just like they show on the website. We are trying a different place this year though. They have lower prices and look comparable. We are using www.floridadreamhomes.com. We go in December...I'll post a message to let everyone know how they are!

Those are per night rates. We got our confirmation letter for the week of Dec 8 - Dec 15. We have a 4 bedroom with pool heat and our total is $893.76.

Hello, FC, don't want to confuse your search, but before you rent from a big company, check out vrbo.com (central Florida).....these are rentals direct from the owners....we are from Iowa and have used these rentals and been very happy...I just helped a friend this morning find a 4 bedroom 3 bath house and it was under 700 for the week.....There is NO question that these homes are available by the hundreds, and people want them rented...so be picky, look for homes with multiple TVs, King beds, 3 baths if you have a big group, and notice if the 12 per cent tax is extra or "included"...I guarantee you the big companies add the tax in the fine print....also pool heat is always extra and about 80 to a 100 dollars a week, and well worth it if you plan to use the pool......finally always ask for the low season rate and tell them politely that is what you are willing to pay......you can get a great new home as hundreds have been built in the last two years..........owner can rent direct for less than the big renters with overhead costs....good luck.....there are over 500 homes on this site, so have fun shopping...if you have questions about location or different developements feel free to post or email....You will LOVE Disney...Ted

We also rented from someone on the VRBO web sit after looking at MANY houses on that site and others. Just be sure to get something close to the parks.

NHrenee: Were you satisfied w/what you got? How many bdrms/baths, etc? Are these people who own these homes for the sole purpose of renting them--do you know that?

Hi!

Yes, we were very satisfied with our home. But I asked ALOT of questions (by email) and the owners answered all of them very patiently. I requested a floor plan of the house and they sent me color photographs as well! They live in MN but have a local (Orlando) management company that takes care of the house.

Our house had three bedrooms, 2 baths. I looked at many, many ads before I found the elements that were important to us (king bed in the mbr, each br had a tv set, twin beds in the kids room, less than 3 miles to WDW main gate, etc).

One of the reasons I started looking on VRBO.com is I wanted to know exactly what our house would be like. I guess that's not always possible with the rental home companies. I'm just retentive that way.

Many people on this website also recommend Premier homes. I've read excellent reviews.

Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter