• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Family Going 1st To WDW? Where To Start?

aanthony03

Mum of 3 Dalmations
Hello! This is my first time at this website. I found it through another website called mousesavers.com. This trip will be a multiple one, our 7 annivesary, our daughter's 6 birthday, and my father in law recently passed, so my mother in law is coming from Sydney to see the children to spend some time with them.

My question's are as follows:

1) When would be a good time too go with the family (we have 3 littles ones, ages 1, 4, and 6). The months available to us is June, July, August, December.

2) Would it be better to buy a package or buy everything separate?

3) What website's would be the best to purchase from?

::MinnieMo

I personally like June. I have been in June and July and it is way hotter in July than it was in June (or to me it was anyway). That way you don't have to worry about school and that sort of thing. We are going again this June and are doing the MYW-dining option and that seems to be the best deal that I have found. I went thru Mouseketrips.com and Scott was who helped me, and he is wonderful!!!!!! Lots of help!!!! Good luck w/planning!!!

Welcome!

I would pick June, July or August as well. The mousesavers.com website is a good one. I also have found allearsnet.com to be a great resource. I especially like allearnet.com since it has lots of information on it regarding resorts (lots of pictures of the rooms, pools, grounds) and also menus, etc.

Michele

::MickeyMo We always go in December. It's value season (less expensive), the parks are less crowded (first two weeks of December; gets VERY crowded as you get closer to Christmas/New Years), and we LOVE all the holiday decorations, shows, and Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party and EPCOT's Candlelight Processional. Any time at Disney World is fun, but remember summer does present larger crowds, higher prices, and hot days! Last time we went in December, we wore shorts every day but one. My husband and 2 daughters even went swimming one day.

Bquick, you just brought up a great memory for me. I'm originally from florida, and my 4 years of high school we participated in the Candlelight Procession, which then proceed to become a singing Christmas tree. I remember one year the story teller was
Robert Keil (spell?) the actor from Dallas, he played Mrs. Ellie's 2nd husband. Then there was the actor who caused a fuss, because of Aids and him being homosexual, I can't see to remember his name. Ah! Rock Hudson.

Thank You all Who Answered! I'll check the info out as soon as I get a chance.

If you can go the first two weeks of December, I would do that. Nice weather and lower crowds. If you can't go then, go in early June. Otherwise it is oppressively hot and crowded.

I've used Dreams Unlimited to book three of my trips and I would highly recommend them. They can book your lodging, tickets and even make Priority Seatings at restaurants. They will also recommend companies to get you to and from the airport if you need it.

I have gone to WDW on package trips and with room-only bookings where I bought my tickets separately. I like the packages because it's all taken care of ahead of time. I think the key is to figure out what you want to do while there to help you decide. We like to go to two parks in a day while we're there, so a park hopper pass is a must. You can also get tickets/packages for one park per day, or tickets that include admission to water parks, Pleasure Island and Wide World of Sports.

One thing to note is that if you book room only, you will pay a deposit of one night's stay and pay the rest up on arrival. If you book a package, you will pay a deposit and you have to pay the balance 45 days prior to departure. Sometimes they offer little things as part of the package, like luggage tags or a photo pass.

Keep in mind that if you use Dreams Unlimited and book a room-only trip and want to change to a package, they can do that for you. Dreams Unlimited can also watch for lower rates and deals that come up after you book and will apply them to your reservation.

Good luck with your trip!

The first two weeks of Dec are GREAT. The crowds are lower, weather is still ok and not too hot, lots of special activities going on, The Christmas decorations are up and IT"S VALUE SEASON ! :cool1:
I have gone at different times of the year and this is my favorite.

I'm a big believer in doing everything separate but i know people who like having the package and think that it is easier. I love to plan and love a value so I do it all separate.

Do lots and lots of research on th Disboards, mousesavers.com and allearsnet.com.

I also suggest getting either the unofficial guide or ordering Tourguidemike.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter