Family meal at Cosmic Ray's

MrsM

Mouseketeer
Just wondered if anyone has gotten the family chicken meal at Cosmic Ray's (whole rotisserie chicken and mashed potatoes). We have a family of 6, with two that aren't big eaters. This seems like it might be an economical dinner, even if we add some extra sides or dessert. Anyone tried the chicken? Was it any good?

It wasn't the family meal, but my sister-in-law ordered the rotisserie (sp?) chicken dinner with a breast, leg, potatoes, and a veggie--green beans, I think. I shared it with her, and it was great!! The chicken was very tender and moist, and the potatoes were very good--one of the best meals I've had in all of WDW, and by far the best counter service meal.

I have had the chicken at Cosmic Ray's and it is a great meal for a great price. Now this was a couple of years ago so I cannot comment about the size. I ordered a meal for 1 person, are you talking about a "family" portion. I do remember that my meal was very large for even me , who loves to eat and could easily be split between two adults and for children that don't eat much it would probably feed 3 of them. I think the cost was around $8.00 and change for the dinner, I thought it was a very good buy!!

5 years ago, we had the "Thanksgiving Family Meal" at Cosmic Rays. We really enjoyed it and you couldn't beat the price. We are hoping that they have a similar meal on our upcoming trip.

My family loves the chicken. We haven't done the family meal but have seen others doing it with several children adn 2 adults.

It took us ten years to discover Cosmic Rays. They have great food and a reasonable price for WDW. Their marinated chicken sandwich is the best I have ever had! ::MickeyMo

Originally posted by MrsM
Just wondered if anyone has gotten the family chicken meal at Cosmic Ray's (whole rotisserie chicken and mashed potatoes). We have a family of 6, with two that aren't big eaters. This seems like it might be an economical dinner, even if we add some extra sides or dessert. Anyone tried the chicken? Was it any good?

We get this when we're there..LOVE Cosmic Ray's!!! We're a family of four and it's more than enough for us. :)

To clarify further, Cosmic Ray's is in the MK near Tomorrowland Indy Speedway. If you are facing the track, the restaurant is behind you.

There's a little gift shop located near Cosmic Rays that has soft ice cream and it's fantastic. A hot fudge sundaie goes for $2.95 with lots of fudge! You can't find that price anywhere that I know for a hot fudge sundai.

It's soooooo good we let our 9 year old try his own and he's a diabetic!!!! ( We usual work hard to bring his number down)

Good luck

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter