Family of 5 question

Mousefan mom

Mouseketeer
hello! We have stayed at a few Disney resorts in the past that allow our family size (AoA, Poly, BC, and BW). We are hoping to save money on our July trip and have looked into POR and CBR. I am leaning towards POR due to the construction at CBR, we were thinking it might be worth a preferred room. Here is my question—is there any place to store your clothes and luggage in those rooms? From looking at pictures online I am not seeing where we would? I would hate to have suitcases in the floor all week, and living out if those.

Also, any word on when CBR food court would be back up?

We stayed at CBR last sept and are staying again in May. I unpacked our clothes and used the drawers. There are a few beneath and beside the Murphy bed. We also are not super heavy packers.

The bathroom area was nice bc there was a large sliding door between the room and the sink area. When you walk into the sink area to the right there was a good amount of floor space, a hanging rod, and a shelf above the rod. I hung a few things and stored our bags under the rod and put some things on top of the shelf.

Family of 5 here, the challenge is real!

RE: CBR food court. I don't think it's due to open until after your trip, though I haven't seen a firm date yet. The new QS in Trinidad South should be open by that point though.

FWIW At POR we put our suitcases on top of the high shelf to the side of the sinks. We unfold the ironing board and use that as a shelf for toiletries etc. All shoes live at the wall next to the exterior door. Suitcase(s) too big to put on the high shelf (near the sinks) go at the corner of the 2 walls next to the bed (so, near the pillow end). We usually go just 3 people, and it is a tight fit for us and we pack light.

We stayed at POR in an AB room with 4 people and unpacked completely...we use packing cubes, so it's easy to just put those in the drawers. We brought 3 suitcases and 4 backpacks. 3 Backpacks went inside the smaller piece of luggage--the other was our park bag. Then the smaller piece went inside the larger piece. So, then we had two pieces of luggage which we put up on the shelf above the clothing rod. There really is a ton of room up there. We hung up our hoodies and my sundresses. We kept out pop hamper in that area too. There is a lot of room on the shelves under the sink for toiletries/clothing for the person who will be getting ready first. We kept shoes under the table. We had enough room to leave our sit and stand stroller up the entire time without it feeling crowded.

I wish I would have brought one of our sets of shelves that attach to a clothing rod. The 3 drawers under the murphy bed would be difficult to access if someone was sleeping.

We are a family of 4 that stayed at POR last year. There are 3 drawers underneath the murphy bed. There is a rack to hang clothes in the bathroom, with a high shelf. And by the window, there is a spot to put a suitcase. There is also space by the coffee maker to put in mugs, snacks and space for toiletries on top of the sink.

We were there for 5 days and traveled in September, so our clothes were minimal because it was hot weather. We brought a small carry-on (19X14X8) for each of us .

Where we put our stuff: we hung clothes in the rack in the bathroom, using all the hangers. We used the drawers under murphy bed for kids' clothes and adult undergarments. And we kept 2 of the 4 small suitcases open by the window with some clothes each and 2 of the 4 we emptied completely and used to shelf on top of the clothes rack to store it.

We bring extra hangers and hang up as many clothes as we can. The top shelf of the closet will hold a lot of stuff. We open the luggage rack and set a suitcase on it to act as a "drawer". We unpack as much as we can and put empty suitcases by the connecting door or some other out of the way place. We stuff as many smaller suitcases and other travel bags in the biggest empty suitcase to save space. We also bring a power strip since there is a definite lack of outlets in the room. They will probably add outlets and USB ports when they remodel the rooms.

We're also a fam of 5 that loves POR - we tend to bring 2 sets of hanging sweater shelves to hold all of the kid clothes, and my husband and I put our packing cubes up on the top shelf of the closet area. Suitcases get stashed in the corner by where the connecting door is / would be or back in the closet area. We also bring a popup hamper and designate a spot for shoes. As long as you have an "everything has a place" plan, it really isn't bad.

Family of 5 here, the challenge is real!

RE: CBR food court. I don't think it's due to open until after your trip, though I haven't seen a firm date yet. The new QS in Trinidad South should be open by that point though.
It's open now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter