Family of 5 Seating Arrangements

Chughes812

Mouseketeer
We are hoping to make a trip this spring and I am wondering about seating logistics for 2 adults and 3 young kids (2-7). Last time we had a 3rd adult and the youngest was just a baby so could lap the rides without height restrictions. Which rides seat only 2 per row where 7yo would have to ride alone?

In rides that seat 2, could your two year old sit with you and the 7 year old? I know when we went, our 3 year old was often allowed to sit between myself and DH in rides that would normally just seat two adults, like TSMM and Spaceship Earth, for example. It would probably be even more comfortable with an adult and two kids! ;)

Yes! On the bench seats that would work well. I just don't remember if there were any rides that were physically limited to 2 bodies, due to seat belts, etc.

If everyone wants a shooter, then the 7 year old would have to sit alone on buzz and tsm. Most of the other rides with bench seats, you could do an adult and two kids.

The Barnstormer and SDMT would need to have the 7yo sitting separate and everyone sits separate on Space Mountain if that’s on your to-do list. Depending on the height of your kids, the Speedway might be another one to split up on.

I took my two young kids (4&6) last month and didn't have trouble riding anything other than Barnstormer. If your oldest is 7 you will find it even easier as this is the magic age to be able to ride alone. The only ride that was really troublesome was Barnstormer because it is strictly only 2 across - no squeezing 1 adult 2 kids on like other rides and because the cars are all separate (one row per car vs. two rows per car on SDD and 7DMT) my kids couldn't sit alone.Other than that we were able to ride everything without problem.

A few I was unsure about before going:-

So long as they meet the height requirements the kids can ride in front of you on SDD and 7DMT even if they're under 7 years old. My 4 year old is the bravest so rode alone (or with a stranger) while my 6yo rode with me behind. We rode SDD 14 times and 7DMT 5 times during our stay and no CM had a problem with this.

You can sit 1 adult 2 kids on a row on Splash and BTMR and you can fit 1 adult 2 kids on AstroOrbiter too.

You can sit 1 adult 2 kids on Tomorrowland Speedway and they have a system in place so you can go round twice to give both kids a go at driving. You may need to ask for this when boarding as CMs don't always offer.

If everyone wants a shooter, then the 7 year old would have to sit alone on buzz and tsm. Most of the other rides with bench seats, you could do an adult and two kids.
That is something I hadn't considered, but I could give up my shooter if necessary. Thanks!

I took my two young kids (4&6) last month and didn't have trouble riding anything other than Barnstormer. If your oldest is 7 you will find it even easier as this is the magic age to be able to ride alone. The only ride that was really troublesome was Barnstormer because it is strictly only 2 across - no squeezing 1 adult 2 kids on like other rides and because the cars are all separate (one row per car vs. two rows per car on SDD and 7DMT) my kids couldn't sit alone.Other than that we were able to ride everything without problem.

A few I was unsure about before going:-

So long as they meet the height requirements the kids can ride in front of you on SDD and 7DMT even if they're under 7 years old. My 4 year old is the bravest so rode alone (or with a stranger) while my 6yo rode with me behind. We rode SDD 14 times and 7DMT 5 times during our stay and no CM had a problem with this.

You can sit 1 adult 2 kids on a row on Splash and BTMR and you can fit 1 adult 2 kids on AstroOrbiter too.

You can sit 1 adult 2 kids on Tomorrowland Speedway and they have a system in place so you can go round twice to give both kids a go at driving. You may need to ask for this when boarding as CMs don't always offer.

Very good to know about the being in the same car not being considered alone. I may see if the oldest 2 want to ride together on those. Not sure how middle one will like the coasters, even though mild like 7DMT, as she was too short last time.

Tomorrowland Speedway was one another I was concerned about, too, as I don't think 7yo will be tall enough to ride alone. I will try fitting with littlest 2 and let dad ride with her.

Thanks!

The Barnstormer and SDMT would need to have the 7yo sitting separate and everyone sits separate on Space Mountain if that’s on your to-do list. Depending on the height of your kids, the Speedway might be another one to split up on.

Space Mt is on my list to use rider swap. Not sure if the middle one will be tall enough, but I would be surprised if she wants to ride even if she is. Though, 7yo enjoys the thrill rides and will be happy to ride twice. Same with EE and maybe even Rockin at HS if she is tall enough.

We will have to figure out Barnstormer.

Space Mt is on my list to use rider swap. Not sure if the middle one will be tall enough, but I would be surprised if she wants to ride even if she is. Though, 7yo enjoys the thrill rides and will be happy to ride twice. Same with EE and maybe even Rockin at HS if she is tall enough.

We will have to figure out Barnstormer.

One adult with middle, one adult with youngest, 7 YO alone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter