Family of 8 with an age range of 7 to 84 (4 generations) with 2 on scooters, need a strategy.

I found with my family, staying offsite, once we got back to the house, the kids really didn't want to go back into the parks. Not good or bad, necessarily, just how it worked out for us. Food is much cheaper offsite, especially if you can swap off cooking among the adults or families. Most rental houses have a grill--some hotels/condos have community ones, as well. We typically go with very simple meals.

Keep in mind, you could use Uber or Lyft as well for transportation. If you only need a second vehicle for a couple days, this would be cheaper than a week-long rental. Also, some offsite hotels have shuttles--I wouldn't want to count on them for all to/from park travel, but they could supplement if a couple people want to stay later.

I found with my family, staying offsite, once we got back to the house, the kids really didn't want to go back into the parks. Not good or bad, necessarily, just how it worked out for us. Food is much cheaper offsite, especially if you can swap off cooking among the adults or families. Most rental houses have a grill--some hotels/condos have community ones, as well. We typically go with very simple meals.

Keep in mind, you could use Uber or Lyft as well for transportation. If you only need a second vehicle for a couple days, this would be cheaper than a week-long rental. Also, some offsite hotels have shuttles--I wouldn't want to count on them for all to/from park travel, but they could supplement if a couple people want to stay later.
Totally agree

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter