Family of Five

battymum

DIS Veteran
Can anyone tell me if there are hotels that will fit five in the room? Would prefer to stay in one of the good neighbor hotels. This is my first stage of research, so not really sure where to start. Disney hotels may be out of our budget, but I am open to all suggestions.

We are family of five - 3 teenagers, 17, 15 & 15, - obviously they are old enough to have their own room, but I am still paying, so if we can all bunk in, and it is lighter on the wallet then Mummy is happy, if we have to have connecting or adjoining rooms, then so be it, but the budget range per room will have to be lower, know what I mean.

Anyone? :confused3

Anyhow I have looked at the Hilton Tokyo Bay (or was it Sheraton), they have a family room with what looks like 4 beds (they had 2 pillows, so could be doubles) would they allow an extra person in a room like this with a futon?

I would really like to spend at least a couple of nights in this area, for the rest of our time I think our best option is to stay in a hostel in taking either a whole dorm for six or getting a double and triple. Looking at Mr K's in Kyoto - seems to have good reviews. I have never stayed in a hostel so am a little apprehensive, but they look quite good, I am not a hotel snob, as long as its clean and safe - it doesnt have to be fancy and I dont mind sharing a bathroom - many of my favourite holidays have been spent in coastal caravan parks, showering in my thongs!

I've stayed at Sunroute Plaza Tokyo before with 3 other friends for our Tokyo Disney trip and it was good. Clean comfortable. Never stayed at Hilton though. I think that Sunroute is more affordable than the Hilton. I might be wrong on this one. You could try using http://travel.rakuten.com/ They have a search segment specifically towards Maihama region and you can just search for 5 people in a room. Hope this helps. Have a good one.

From what I can tell, there are no conecting rooms, could be wrong. I think there are rooms that fit 5, but you might be better off getting 2 smaller rooms. Price it out.

From research I have done, kids under 6 are free if they sleep in the same bed as the parents. But you pay adult price for kids 12 and over. But I am not 100% on exactly how it will work.

When we go, I was looking into 2 rooms that sleep 2 if it was going to be cheaper.

Just thought I would share this email I received in response to rooms for five for the Sheraton Grande Tokyo Bay - this makes me so happy:thumbsup2, although not sure of prices - :confused3

Thank you very much for contacting us!
I would very much like to welcome your family here at Sheraton Grande Tokyo Bay Hotel!
Our Ocean Dream Room can accommodate your family of 5 perfectly.
However, the max number of beds we can fit in a room is 4 (2 double size beds + 2 single size extra beds).
One bed can be shared by 2 guests only if the 2nd guest is 17 years old or under.
The more beds you have in your room, the more expensive room rate gets.

Also, we do have Ocean Dream Room Family type, which can have 5 beds in a room, but this is categorized as a suite, so the room rate gets a little expensive compare to regular Ocean Dream Room.

Our room rates are different depending on the nights you stay.
Please give us exact dates you are planning on staying with us, so we can look up the rates for you.

Another option is our website.
http://www.starwoodhotels.com/sheraton/property/overview/index.html?propertyID=361&language=en
Website plans are online only and normally discounted compare to the email/phone rates. Regular Ocean Dream Rooms can be booked online. If you are interested in Ocean Dream Room family type, please feel free to contact us back, so we can book it for you if it is available.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us back anytime.
Thank you very much.

Sincerely,

Mai Fujimura
Rooms reservations department
Sheraton Grande Tokyo Bay Hotel

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter