Family pool and slide, best times to go?

HuskyGal

DIS Veteran
hello, we are booked on the Wonder in March 2019. I keep reading about the pools being tiny and that the kids are packed in like sardines. I read advice to go when you first get the ship. What other times will the Pool and slide be less busy? Dinners, evenings, port days? Thanks in advance.

Right before and during the first dinner seating. Morning on port days as people go on excursions, but then they go to the pool as they get back to the ship in the afternoon.

We've always had good luck in the morning. DD is still an early riser so we have been some of the first people at the pool.

Thank you! Im thinking of skipping the main dining rooms except Tiana’s since that sounds fun. Do they do anything special during main dining on pirate night?

We always go during main dinner seating! On pirate night they have a special menu but it's nothing amazing.

hello, we are booked on the Wonder in March 2019. I keep reading about the pools being tiny and that the kids are packed in like sardines. I read advice to go when you first get the ship. What other times will the Pool and slide be less busy? Dinners, evenings, port days? Thanks in advance.
1. Immediately upon embarking the ship. Board asap and bring suits in your carry-on bag.
2. Morning of Castaway Cay day.

Thank you all. If I may ask an add on question, what do kids do if they aren’t in the pool? Kids club? Character meets? Movies? Is there anything else to do?

Thank you all. If I may ask an add on question, what do kids do if they aren’t in the pool? Kids club? Character meets? Movies? Is there anything else to do?
All of these. Also walking around seeing the ship. Looking at the shops. Checking out the art work. Looking at our photos. Eating ice cream. Play board games in the pub.

When we were in an inside on the fantasy, we'd watch the porthole.

We also bring books and games for the stateroom but we don't do that much.

The age appropriate kids clubs are a huge hit for my 3 (Club/Lab for 3-12, Edge for 11-14 & Vibe for 14-18). Now that are 3 are 'Edgers' we hear, "Welcome to the dadof3 Family" followed quickly by, "Can we go to the Edge?"

Can't forget the free Ice Cream. :O

All of these. Also walking around seeing the ship. Looking at the shops. Checking out the art work. Looking at our photos. Eating ice cream. Play board games in the pub.

When we were in an inside on the fantasy, we'd watch the porthole.

We also bring books and games for the stateroom but we don't do that much.
Thank you for the ideas. So kids are allowed in the pub. Ok!
I’m Struggling with the concept of a relaxing vacation. I have to remind myself that we will be going to Disneyland for a couple days afterwards which will be lots of excitement.

The age appropriate kids clubs are a huge hit for my 3 (Club/Lab for 3-12, Edge for 11-14 & Vibe for 14-18). Now that are 3 are 'Edgers' we hear, "Welcome to the dadof3 Family" followed quickly by, "Can we go to the Edge?"

Can't forget the free Ice Cream. :O
Thank you! Yes, excited for the ice cream and the mickey bars for sure. Will be our first for Mickey bars too!

Do they still do the parade around the dining room and limbo with the kids on pirate night?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!