Family pool and slide, best times to go?

Thank you for the ideas. So kids are allowed in the pub. Ok!
I’m Struggling with the concept of a relaxing vacation. I have to remind myself that we will be going to Disneyland for a couple days afterwards which will be lots of excitement.

NOT after a certain time (either 8 or 9pm). And NOT if there is an adult-only activity going on in there during the day. But if neither A or B are true, then yes, they can hang out in there with you.

Honestly if you don't like relaxing, a cruise may not be for you. I cannot imagine vacation not being relaxing - at least for probably half of it. The whole point of vacation IMHO is to relax. :D

NOT after a certain time (either 8 or 9pm). And NOT if there is an adult-only activity going on in there during the day. But if neither A or B are true, then yes, they can hang out in there with you.

Honestly if you don't like relaxing, a cruise may not be for you. I cannot imagine vacation not being relaxing - at least for probably half of it. The whole point of vacation IMHO is to relax. :D
Ok, thanks for the clarification on the pubs.
I do like active vacations but we were so exhausted at the end of our Disneyland vacations the last two years (first real vacation with kids) and my DH also has a back condition. So this vacation will be a mix of relaxation and active by bookending the cruise with legoland and Disneyland :). Hopefully it works out well.

So kids are allowed in the pub.

@Dug720 gave you the caveats to the pub before I made it back. :)

Ok, thanks for the clarification on the pubs.
I do like active vacations but we were so exhausted at the end of our Disneyland vacations the last two years (first real vacation with kids) and my DH also has a back condition. So this vacation will be a mix of relaxation and active by bookending the cruise with legoland and Disneyland :). Hopefully it works out well.

I'm a go go go kind of person, and I find cruising to be a nice mix. There's always plenty going on, but nothing that I HAVE to do. As long as you're willing to change the plan as you go (ie not have a plan,) you'll get plenty of down time but not be bored.

@Dug720 gave you the caveats to the pub before I made it back. :)

I'm a go go go kind of person, and I find cruising to be a nice mix. There's always plenty going on, but nothing that I HAVE to do. As long as you're willing to change the plan as you go (ie not have a plan,) you'll get plenty of down time but not be bored.
Great. I do crave the concept of lying by a pool with a drink In hand when I’m burnt out on life, but in reality, I’m looking around for something to do after about 15 minutes. Then I realize that I just needed a good night’s sleep In the first place. I’ll be in the pool with my kids so hopefully nobody else minds since it may be a tight squeeze!
Edited to remove duplicate post

Great. I do crave the concept of lying by a pool with a drink In hand when I’m burnt out on life, but in reality, I’m looking around for something to do after about 15 minutes.

Oh, you've taken a vacation in my head! :rotfl2:

I would suggest you take a look at some of the past Navigators (the papers they give you telling you what's going on each day). The Disney Cruise Line Blog has a huge number of them. They will give you an idea of what goes on, how frequent family or adult only activities are occurring, and what's going on in the kids clubs.

How early? Are there set opening times (e.g., 8 AM)?
There are set times the pools and slides open. Check the Navigator for the operating hours.because they vary by day. The pools are usually open at 9:00, sometimes 8:00 or 8:30.

thank you for suggesting to look at the personal navigators. It was helpful to look at some of them. I like how some of them have the cruise highlights section.
The unofficial guide to Disney Cruises says the twist n spout slide is for age 4-14 and height 38-64 inches. So no adults at all or could I go down with my kids? My DD is saying she won’t go on it without us.

thank you for suggesting to look at the personal navigators. It was helpful to look at some of them. I like how some of them have the cruise highlights section.
The unofficial guide to Disney Cruises says the twist n spout slide is for age 4-14 and height 38-64 inches. So no adults at all or could I go down with my kids? My DD is saying she won’t go on it without us.
Adults can go on the Twist and Spout, but I believe it's just 1 person at a time, not sure if you could go down with your DD.

Adults can go on the Twist and Spout, but I believe it's just 1 person at a time, not sure if you could go down with your DD.
Thank you! So relieved. One person at a time we practice normally for slide safety so our kids would be ok with that expectation. She’s scared of getting lost so We discussed one parent standing at the top while she goes down and one parent at the bottom waiting for her. But if it was truly no adults I’d be a little disappointed.
So no height max or weight max? I definitely make it but my DH is taller than 64 inches.

Thank you! So relieved. One person at a time we practice normally for slide safety so our kids would be ok with that expectation. She’s scared of getting lost so We discussed one parent standing at the top while she goes down and one parent at the bottom waiting for her. But if it was truly no adults I’d be a little disappointed.
So no height max or weight max? I definitely make it but my DH is taller than 64 inches.
No height/weight max. I assume there is a minimum height though. The Wonder's slide was replaced in 2016 with the refurb and for the Magic's similar slide, at some point they removed the requirements you listed.

Great. I do crave the concept of lying by a pool with a drink In hand when I’m burnt out on life, but in reality, I’m looking around for something to do after about 15 minutes.

I can so relate! I'm a very low-energy person, but I always end up thinking that I can (in theory) sit with my feet up at home for free and how many unique experiences can we cram in to this opportunity.

We love Legoland! My son prefers it to Disney.

We barely see our kids on the ship as they always want to be in the clubs! We have to make sure they have breakfast and dinner with us, and they will hang out with us for pool time. We're sailing next week and they already have plans for club, movies, sports deck and tons of activities. There's no shortage of activities if you want to stay busy all day. Mine especially love the Mickey 500 where you build race cars from vegetables and race them, plus the animation classes.

No height/weight max. I assume there is a minimum height though. The Wonder's slide was replaced in 2016 with the refurb and for the Magic's similar slide, at some point they removed the requirements you listed.
Great thanks!

I can so relate! I'm a very low-energy person, but I always end up thinking that I can (in theory) sit with my feet up at home for free and how many unique experiences can we cram in to this opportunity.

We love Legoland! My son prefers it to Disney.
Oh haha. I’m low energy in my every day, burnt out life, and moderate energy during vacations. Well, maybe my DH would say I’m a crazy vacation lady.
Our morning flight would land in San Diego around 10:30 on a Saturday and I’m hoping to squeeze in Legoland.

We barely see our kids on the ship as they always want to be in the clubs! We have to make sure they have breakfast and dinner with us, and they will hang out with us for pool time. We're sailing next week and they already have plans for club, movies, sports deck and tons of activities. There's no shortage of activities if you want to stay busy all day. Mine especially love the Mickey 500 where you build race cars from vegetables and race them, plus the animation classes.
The race cars sound awesome!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter