Family style?

mslangen

Mouseketeer
Hi,

While doing some research on sit down restaurants where I maybe want to eat on my next solo WDW trip, I have the following question:

Can you dine at a restaurant like 'Ohana or Garden Grill?
This restaurants are known as family style all you can eat, so they might work with a minimum party size I thought.
Does anyone have eaten at one of these restaurants solo for dinner? How was your experience?

Your reply will be appreciated

Marcel Slangen

I always go to 'Ohana on my solo trips. I love it! The food is great, and there's always something going on (coconut races, fireworks, etc). It's wonderful for solos who may feel self-conscious about dining alone. :D

I have to agree with MdMMim (Hi Sis!). Ohana is a good place to eat as a solo because there is always something going on. There is also a really good view and if you time it correctly and get the right area of the room you can watch the Magic Kingdom fireworks during dinner and/or watch the Electric Water Pagent.

The food is really, really good, in my opinion. I love that grilled shrimp. Take me with you?

It was good seeing you in transatlantic chat yesterday, mslangen.

Originally posted by nativetxn
I have to agree with MdMMim (Hi Sis!). Ohana is a good place to eat as a solo because there is always something going on. There is also a really good view and if you time it correctly and get the right area of the room you can watch the Magic Kingdom fireworks during dinner and/or watch the Electric Water Pagent.

The food is really, really good, in my opinion. I love that grilled shrimp. Take me with you?

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. PS arrangement is allready made.
I'm glad to hear that you all had such a good experience there. I will try to write a report when I'm back.
The view isn't that important for me. Just one firework show is scheduled for MK during my stay. And that fireworkshow I want to be in the park and in front of the castle.

Marcel.

I've dined solo at the Garden Grill before, but not at O'Hana's (went with another family member). I just asked for smaller portions of things and had no trouble. Food at both places was excellent!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter