Family Tree Difficulties--When Women Didn't Matter (slight rant)

Good luck in your search. We went through a similar situation about a year ago. DH had a half-brother (his father's previous marriage) that had died as a child and was buried in a double grave with an uncle that died young. (The whole story must have been hard for DH's mom because she refused to discuss it while she was alive.) We live in the town with the older (and huge) cemetery but nobody knew where the grave was located. DH's sister was determined last spring to find it and contacted the office at the cemetery who gave her maps and a general area. We searched for hours. After finally giving up and driving out of the cemetery to return to our home, I noticed a baby cemetery in the back off by itself. We returned home, I found FindAGrave on-line and searched just for the last name at the cemetery. It pulled up a headstone that showed both the baby and the uncle. Sure enough, according to the on-line map, it was located in the baby cemetery. We drove back and I walked almost directly to the grave. It was quite emotional.... lost family members finally found. :)

Have you searched for the last name on FindAGrave at all the local cemeteries in the town? Just in case something happened and the burial happened elsewhere. It is such a great resource. Again, good luck and I hope you find him.
Yes, we have used Find A Grave and no such luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter