Family Vaca at the Beach Club! 6 kids, 2 parents, 2 grandparents, 1 aunt, 2 cousins, and 1 nanny!

dorospin

Mouseketeer
Thanks to everyone who has read any of my reports! I have found that writing these has just brought back great memories. 💭💭

In late July 2019, we traveled to the Beach Club Villas for our annual large family vacation. This included: me, my husband Bret, our 6 kids: ages at the time Caitlyn (16), Alex (15), Matt (14), Nick (13), Elizabeth (10), and Grace (4); Nana and Papa (my parents); Bret's sister and her two boys; and Margot (our "helper" for the trip)! 👨‍👩‍👧‍👦

Planning these large trips is, to me, so much fun. Our room configuration looked like this:

2 bedroom villa: Myself, Bret, and the girls - Caitlyn, Elizabeth, Grace, and Margot
2 bedroom villa: Nana, Papa, and the boys - Alex, Matt, and Nick
Deluxe studio: Aunt and 2 cousins

We had never stayed at the Beach Club Villas. We were excited about Storm Along Bay, walking to Epcot, and Beaches and Cream ice cream! The gondolas were not yet operational at the time of our trip.

Some fun things we had planned: fishing trip , swimming with the dolphins🐬 , mermaid school 🧜‍♀️, pirate cruise 🏴‍☠️, Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, VIP tours, and more!

Planning a multi generational trip, at least for our family, involves making more than one schedule per day. Nana and Papa have no desire to hang at the parks all day. They want to take a more relaxed approach. Similarly, some of our kids enjoy more "down" time than others. We did some things all as a group, but I made sure to schedule in plenty of "flex" so that if someone wasn't up for something on the plan, there was another option.

Just getting everyone to WDW was a little bit of a challenge! Bret and I, with five of our kids and Margot, flew down very early Saturday morning. We arrived at Beach Club Villas by 10am. Aunt and cousins were behind us by about an hour. Nana and Papa followed on a third flight about an hour after. Caitlyn had a horse 🐴 event on that Saturday (scheduled well after our flights were booked), and decided to fly down on her own on Sunday.

When we checked into Beach Club Villas - I was really struck by the difference between the feel of BCV and other places we had stayed - such as Bay Lake Towers and the Poly. It was a very laid back vibe, felt a little removed from the hustle and bustle. Our rooms were on the 2nd floor, facing the quiet villas pool. I found our room to be very quiet and relaxing the entire trip! 🤫

The two bedroom villas had a full kitchen, pull out couch, three balconies, a master bedroom and bath, a half bath in the living area, and a second bedroom with two queen beds and a sleeper sofa, as well as another full bath. We ordered groceries from Garden Grocer and had plenty of space to store everything. I will say - these villas say they sleep 9 - we had 6 and that was about as many as I think would be comfortable for a whole week. That is with 4 of the 6 being adult sized people.

I'm excited to jump right into the report.. so will introduce everyone as we go!

:wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts