Famous ships from Pirates of the Caribbean to Dock on the Oregon Coast

mmouse37

DCL Diva!!
A little OT.....My daughter who lives in Oregon just sent me this. Sounds pretty cool for anyone out that way. We were actually in Newport, OR this time last year. Too bad they weren't there then...that would have an awesome activity!

http://thatoregonlife.com/2018/04/tall-ships-oregon-coast/

Sorry if this was posted already....I looked back a few pages and did not see anything about it.

MJ

Last edited:
The Flying Dutchman was at Castaway Cay during one of our earlier cruises. Kinda creepy!

Good information/ Thank you MJ. We might head over there. I believe it was the Lady Washington that sailed up the Columbia and was docked in our town for a while a few years back? They also did sailing excursions and tours. We missed it then. :(

I would love to take a tour. Almost makes me want to plan a trip home (northwest) this year. I missed seeing the Flying Dutchman when it was at Castaway Cay. They removed it the year before our first cruise.

Last edited:
We live in Portland, Oregon and this would be a hoot to visit. Being "Pirates" and "Once Upon A Time" fans, so will plan a drive to the coast to see these ships. Many thanks for posting the article. Lucky to have seen the Flying Dutchman at CC several times before it was removed. I thought it looked better and more authentic the more beat up and weathered it got. However, I can see the safety concerns. Perhaps Disney could put more of its vast number of movie props at its lands and CC in the future...love to see them...just what I need, more photos to sort through.

Oh, oh. I'm so glad you posted mmouse37. Looking for room at our favorite motel in Newport as soon as I post this reply. What fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter