Fannie paks

Krisj

Mouseketeer
So, when you go, does everyne have one with a water bottle? Do the parks allow waterbottles openly exposed like that?
Any suggestions on good ones for kids and adults?

Yes, water bottles are allowed. Some people carry them in backpacks, some in the combination waistpack/bottle holders and you can also buy a water bottle holder that is easy to sling over your shoulder. I have padded/insulated ones that I bought at a Target several years ago for hiking. The ones I bought came with plastic water bottles, which you can use or remove and use whatever bottle you like.
Have a Disney Day!

I've never been a big fan of fannie packs, but I recently had a chance to do a bit of hiking and finally had to break down and get one. I found one that struck a good balance beetween being roomy, having space for two water bottles, and being reasonably comfortable to wear. These tend to be a bit more pricey than your average pack, but they seem to be very well-made. Additionally, you will note from the URLs that the company refers to them as "lumbar packs". Apparently they've done a bit of research into what make a pack comfortable or uncomfortable to wear. I can personally vouch for the blaze model. In addition to extensive trail hiking, it made a four day trip to Disneyland, and it will make the trip to WDW in August. I suppose you can probably order them from the company, and you can probably also find them in your local hiking/camping supply place or from other online vendors.

http://www.mountainsmith.com/product/matrix/lumbar/lumbar1.html
http://www.mountainsmith.com/product/matrix/lumbar/lumbar2.html

I was trying to get a Jansport Action Pack for my kids as the picture of it I saw on the internet looked great, but these packs aren't distributed in Europe.
Try having a look at the Jansport website, and see if you can find a picture of the Action Pack 40828
Action Pack 40828. It's a nylon waist pack, the pouch has a zipper top and a front pocket, it measures s6.5 x. 8 x 3.5 and contains about 100 cu in. Cost is about $20 including 22 oz water bottle. I know this would have been just the business for my kids, but I don't think it would be right for me as I have to carry extra stuff to the kids - "Mum, where's the sunscreen; Mum, have you got a band-aid;" etc.!
Good luck.
Sandra

Fanny packs are nice, but they tend to get in the way of lap bars on the rides. Also, I have found that they make it difficult to get through the turnstiles.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter