Fantasmic! and Fast Pass

LCoulter

Whoah Mouse
I am really confused on this.....do I need a Fast Pass to get a decent place to watch Fantasmic! I'm not sure where to get the most up to date information on this. From what I can tell, you can't select early or late show and it gives you a color which determines your viewing location? Is it still sit on the ground toward the front and if so, do people stay seated?

Also, from what I can tell, Max Pass can't be used for Fantasmic!

Can't answer the first question, but you're right that MaxPass can't be used for shows like Fantastic and WOC.

It's true you can't pick which showtime right now.

You asked if that's the only way you can get a decent spot for F!. Actually, it's not. And by that, I mean that FP is NOT a way to get a decent seat. It used to be that way, but not anymore. Nowadays, Disney has sectioned off the ENTIRE front&center seating at the fence for F! Dining Plans only. If you have a FP, you will be standing-room-only, pushed off to the side. It's big fat money grab by DL.

Yes, you can get an OK view from the side IF you get in line quickly at the Boat Landing and then race your way to an unobstructed view (there will be trees right where you are) once they release you. And then you'll need to hold your ground from people trying to squeeze in front of you for close to an hour as you stand, waiting for the show to start. Think WoC or parade spots, but worse. It's nothing like it used to be when only the Blue Bayou Dining Plan section took the middle spots and the FP holders got the side-center. That original F! FP system used to be good. Especially compared to "Blanket City" that preceded it. But now, DL has basically said, "If you want a good view, eat at one of our already-price-inflated restaurants, and now pay even more for the meal to get a good seat." Unfortunately, it's the new Disney way.

You asked if that's the only way you can get a decent spot for F!. Actually, it's not. And by that, I mean that FP is NOT a way to get a decent seat. It used to be that way, but not anymore. Nowadays, Disney has sectioned off the ENTIRE front&center seating at the fence for F! Dining Plans only. If you have a FP, you will be standing-room-only, pushed off to the side. It's big fat money grab by DL.

Yes, you can get an OK view from the side IF you get in line quickly at the Boat Landing and then race your way to an unobstructed view (there will be trees right where you are) once they release you. And then you'll need to hold your ground from people trying to squeeze in front of you for close to an hour as you stand, waiting for the show to start. Think WoC or parade spots, but worse. It's nothing like it used to be when only the Blue Bayou Dining Plan section took the middle spots and the FP holders got the side-center. That original F! FP system used to be good. Especially compared to "Blanket City" that preceded it. But now, DL has basically said, "If you want a good view, eat at one of our already-price-inflated restaurants, and now pay even more for the meal to get a good seat." Unfortunately, it's the new Disney way.

Well, this really stinks. Just for kicks, I looked at the dining package menu and don't really like anything....or at least I hate all the sides.

Well, this really stinks. Just for kicks, I looked at the dining package menu and don't really like anything....or at least I hate all the sides.

The Hungry Bear on the Go option lets you order from the main menu (from what I've read). It still costs the same but you have a few more options if you don't like the set menu. The seating area is pretty great for Hungry Bear. We will be doing this in November and I will have at least two people ordering off the main menu, not the pre set one. I've done River Belle as well and the seating was also great.

The Hungry Bear on the Go option lets you order from the main menu (from what I've read). It still costs the same but you have a few more options if you don't like the set menu. The seating area is pretty great for Hungry Bear. We will be doing this in November and I will have at least two people ordering off the main menu, not the pre set one. I've done River Belle as well and the seating was also great.

Can confirm this works at hungry bear, just tell the cashier at check in that you want to order off the regular menu but at the dining package price.

It was totally worth it, I spent $77 for the 3 of us after 10% AP discount, and I would probably have spent $45 on just the food anyway. And we got to SIT for the entire show. We showed up at 8 for the 9pm show.

Can confirm this works at hungry bear, just tell the cashier at check in that you want to order off the regular menu but at the dining package price.

It was totally worth it, I spent $77 for the 3 of us after 10% AP discount, and I would probably have spent $45 on just the food anyway. And we got to SIT for the entire show. We showed up at 8 for the 9pm show.

So we can order burger and fries and just pay the Fantasmic package price? Are drinks extra? Can we go at lunch or dinner?

If we could get burger and fries or chicken sandwich or salad, that would work for us.

So we can order burger and fries and just pay the Fantasmic package price? Are drinks extra? Can we go at lunch or dinner?

If we could get burger and fries or chicken sandwich or salad, that would work for us.
Yes, you can order the regular food at the Fantasmic! package price. We’ve always still gotten the package bottled drink with ours, but you can probably get a fountain drink?

We got burgers and fries/onion rings, fountain drinks, and a kids meal and paid the $29.99/19.99 price.

You do still need a reservation, so you’d go at whatever your reservation time is. I think they do the package for both lunch and dinner, but I’m not sure. We did an early dinner just bc that’s what time was available - I made the reservation that same morning (this past Sunday which was fairly slow).

We got burgers and fries/onion rings, fountain drinks, and a kids meal and paid the $29.99/19.99 price.

You do still need a reservation, so you’d go at whatever your reservation time is. I think they do the package for both lunch and dinner, but I’m not sure. We did an early dinner just bc that’s what time was available - I made the reservation that same morning (this past Sunday which was fairly slow).
Where did you end up watching the show from and how early did you arrive before the show started?

Like I said above we showed at 8 for the 9pm show. We were in the second row, about middle of the Hungry Bear area. Seating is first come first serve and you can sit wherever you like in the assigned area.

With free FP, you cannot choose which show you get. But you can ask CMs which show they are currently giving out and when they think the machines will start giving out the next show's FPs. Also, the free FP section behind the reserved dining package section (the raised patio in front of CO) is also stand by viewing. According to F! CMs, that area is primarily for free FP viewing (and it can be good viewing since the patio is raised), but they open it to standby viewing, too. And for the second show, I've heard of people who've done standby in that area right in the front row with the FP guests. So you might want to look into viewing there on your next trip, especially if you can do the second show.

Like I said above we showed at 8 for the 9pm show. We were in the second row, about middle of the Hungry Bear area. Seating is first come first serve and you can sit wherever you like in the assigned area.
When you say seating, do you mean chairs or on the ground?

When you say seating, do you mean chairs or on the ground?
On the ground. The only way to watch Fantasmic! with a chair is the River Belle Terrace premium package where you’re on their patio. The view is not the best, but it’s worth it to some people to have an actual chair.

On the ground. The only way to watch Fantasmic! with a chair is the River Belle Terrace premium package where you’re on their patio. The view is not the best, but it’s worth it to some people to have an actual chair.
Thanks! I thought so, but wanted to clarify.

There is actually a section with chairs just behind the dining sitting-on-the-ground section, in front of the regular fast pass. I think someone said you have to call to reserve those - I have no details other than that they exist (because I saw them set up). (Edited - this is the VIP guest/tour section, not a dining package, sorry)

And yes the hungry bear section is sitting on the ground, no cushions or anything.

Last edited:
There is actually a section with chairs just behind the dining sitting-on-the-ground section, in front of the regular fast pass. I think someone said you have to call to reserve those - I have no details other than that they exist (because I saw them set up).

And yes the hungry bear section is sitting on the ground, no cushions or anything.
The VIP section? That’s for VIP tour guests...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter