• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fantasmic Dessert Buffet seating tips

NotSoLittleMermaid

DIS Veteran<br><br><a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com
My sis & I had reservations for the Fantasmic Dessert Buffet (balcony seating, 9:30) last Mon. 8/29. Thanks to tips from the board I was able to get through on the phone 30 days prior. We thoroughly enjoyed it. I'd like to pass on what I learned:

When I picked up the tickets, asked what time we could check in and was told 8:45 p.m. The evening of our reservation I wanted to be sure I knew where to go, so went up to the gallery and asked if this was where we should check in (yes) and what time. The woman there said to come around 8:30. We actually got there around 8:37 and 3 parties had already checked in before us. Here's how it worked:
The hostess took my name and then looked on my tickets to see what time I'd purchased them (across the top right of the ticket is a long string of numbers and within them is the time and date of purchase--I can't remember for sure, but I think it was starting with about the 6-8th digit from the left). We were told to wait in the patio. At 8:45 she began seating, I believe starting with the earliest purchase time of those who had checked in. When we were called I asked if we were in the front row and she said "yes". In fact, we got the last two seats in the front row. After that, people were seated as they came in. So apparently just being the earliest or first purchaser isn't enough to guarantee you front row seating--you also have to check in early as well. So I recommend getting there at 8:30 and getting your name on the list right away.

Another thing: They begin seating the front row from the left (what I'd say is the west side) and go across. Our two seats, while in the front row, had a somewhat obstructed view--not of the main part of the show directly in front, but because there is a very large tree just to what would be our right, our view of the Columbia, Mark Twain and other floating displays was blocked until they were right in front of the island. Not a huge deal, but I wonder if we would have been better off in the second row all the way to the left since we probably could have seen more of them and for a longer time. If I was going again and found myself if the same situation, I'd definitely compare both spots before sitting down.

We staying for the fireworks and again, I felt like the tree obscured my view so I just stood up on the left--no one minded, since I didn't crowd in front of those already seated, just stood behind them. Interestingly, my sis & I both felt that the fireworks themselves were more impressive from this viewpoint (we'd already watched two previous nights from the hub). The stars, happy faces, blocks, hearts, and other shapes were much clearer. Of course there was much you couldn't see (Tinkerbell, any of the castle displays, etc.) but it was an interesting alternative view.

These desserts served that night were black forest cake (surprisingly good & moist), another multi-layer cake, cheesecake w/fruit, fresh fruit, cheese, fritters w/warm apple pudding sauce, small fruit tarts and maybe one other thing. Along with the expected drinks, you could also get mint julips (which we had). As I said, we both really enjoyed it and felt it was definitely worth the splurge!
:teacher: :fish:

We had the same seats you did...the two furthest to the right. I had those same seats two years ago and I was slightly disappointed to see we had them again. But, then reality hit and I realized I was about to stuff my face, um, I mean politely enjoy some macaroons and mint julep and still have a great view regardless! DH just shimmied his chair to a slightly better view (the vertical railing was also in the way) and I happily stood for the majority of the show. I know the tree you are talking about on the right, but it didn't bother me any at all. The straight on view was what I was most impressed with.

Actually, your seats are assigned from the moment you call in and make your reservation. It does not matter at all what time you check in.

What about the other reserved seating, the Premium seating, I think it is called? What time do you have to check in for that to get good seats?

mathmagic said:
What about the other reserved seating, the Premium seating, I think it is called? What time do you have to check in for that to get good seats?
The river front seating is "first come, first served" you would definitely want to check in around 8:30 pm for that.

Califgirl said:
Actually, your seats are assigned from the moment you call in and make your reservation. It does not matter at all what time you check in.
Yes, that's what I was told, too, so maybe it was just a coincidence that the first parties to check in that night were also the first parties to buy their tickets.

We will be seeing the 9:00 PM Fantasmic Show on October 1st. What time do you recommend we check in?

Are the desserts and drinks served during the show as well, or only prior to the show? Is there a restroom nearby?

Thanks!

If no one minds my asking, how much are the tickets. And what is the number to call for them? And thanks for all the tips so far. :wizard:

mikelan6 said:
We will be seeing the 9:00 PM Fantasmic Show on October 1st. What time do you recommend we check in?

Are the desserts and drinks served during the show as well, or only prior to the show? Is there a restroom nearby?

Thanks!
Get there at 8:30--they start seating about 8:45. The desserts & drinks are available from 8:45 on, even throughout the show. You can stay and watch the fireworks from the balcony, if you wish, after Fantasmic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter