Fantasmic Dining Package Discussion Thread

View Fantasmic! from River Belle restaurant OR from dining fast pass area

• River Belle Restaurant

Votes: 26 41.3%
  • Dining Fast Pass Area

Votes: 37 58.7%

• Total voters
The only time we've ever seen F! in a reserved area was when we did the VIP tour one year. As I recall, we were seated pretty much center on the ground in a tiered area (like on very wide steps maybe 4 rows of guests deep). Are any of the new dining package areas in that area? Or are all of the reserved dining areas where you get to seat tiered?

I don't quite understand what you mean by tiers. Right now all dining packages just have guests sitting on the ground. The ground is angled slightly, so people in front are slightly lower than people behind; so much action happens high up so it's not a problem for people being in your way.

Edit: are you thinking about World of Color? That viewing area is tiered but everyone stands.

Question -- Honestly, I've never cared that much about Fantasmic, but I'm bringing some friends out to their first trip and they really want to watch it. We're planning on doing the BB dining package since they want to eat there anyway. We don't have a lot of time, so we're trying to hit both the Fireworks and Fantasmic in one night. From reading what others have posted, it seems the best bet is to do the first F! and just stay there for the fireworks, but they're is obsessed with the idea of watching the fireworks from the Hub area. Is it at all realistic to watch the fireworks from the hub, then book it to the reserved seating at the second F! and still end up with a decent spot?

The only time we've ever seen F! in a reserved area was when we did the VIP tour one year. As I recall, we were seated pretty much center on the ground in a tiered area (like on very wide steps maybe 4 rows of guests deep). Are any of the new dining package areas in that area? Or are all of the reserved dining areas where you get to seat tiered?
Prior to FP: VIP Tours were seated (on the ground) on the wide steps that surround Lafitte's Anchor -- the Dessert Party guests were seated (in chairs) adjacent of this area (located behind and elevated above the areas now used by the dining packages).

The introduction of FP, eliminated the Dessert Party -- the chairs are now used by VIP Tours.

Question -- Honestly, I've never cared that much about Fantasmic, but I'm bringing some friends out to their first trip and they really want to watch it. We're planning on doing the BB dining package since they want to eat there anyway. We don't have a lot of time, so we're trying to hit both the Fireworks and Fantasmic in one night. From reading what others have posted, it seems the best bet is to do the first F! and just stay there for the fireworks, but they're is obsessed with the idea of watching the fireworks from the Hub area. Is it at all realistic to watch the fireworks from the hub, then book it to the reserved seating at the second F! and still end up with a decent spot?
I just read a report, on a Disney fan facebook page, of a family with a stroller making it from IASM where they watched the fireworks make it to the dining viewing area for the 1030 show. It was close though, she thought that having a stroller made it more slow going so if you don't have small kids you should be ok from what she reported. That's just one person's account and hopefully others that have been there recently will chime in.

I do love RDCT from the Hub ...

I think you could make the fireworks/late Fantasmic work. Just be on the leftish side of the Hub to get out of the fireworks crowd early (and remember that Frontierland is the one-way street into the Fantasmic area. You should have 45 minutes between the fireworks end and the Fantasmic beginning. As long as they aren't also obsessed with being front-row for Fantasmic! I hear the BB area doesn't fill up as fast, and I think that would also hold true in general for the second showing of Fantasmic.

And make sure your BB reservation is early enough to get you to the Hub in time for a fireworks spot.

PHXscuba

Prior to FP: VIP Tours were seated (on the ground) on the wide steps that surround Lafitte's Anchor -- the Dessert Party guests were seated (in chairs) adjacent of this area (located behind and elevated above the areas now used by the dining packages).

The introduction of FP, eliminated the Dessert Party -- the chairs are now used by VIP Tours.

Thank you -- so what is in that area that used to be seated (no chairs) VIP on steps surrounding Lafitte's Anchor now?

I hear the BB area doesn't fill up as fast, and I think that would also hold true in general for the second showing of Fantasmic.

Just so the OP is aware, it was reported today by Disneyland Daily that the areas for FP dining are combined for the later show so you will be sharing space with Liberty Bell and Hungry Bear patrons. This could easily change though since it is all so new.

Just so the OP is aware, it was reported today by Disneyland Daily that the areas for FP dining are combined for the later show so you will be sharing space with Liberty Bell and Hungry Bear patrons. This could easily change though since it is all so new.

I think you mean River Belle Terrace, right? That's interesting! It makes you wonder if there's more value for the second show if you eat at Hungry Bear, since you might be getting a better seat.

I do love RDCT from the Hub ...

I think you could make the fireworks/late Fantasmic work. Just be on the leftish side of the Hub to get out of the fireworks crowd early (and remember that Frontierland is the one-way street into the Fantasmic area. You should have 45 minutes between the fireworks end and the Fantasmic beginning. As long as they aren't also obsessed with being front-row for Fantasmic! I hear the BB area doesn't fill up as fast, and I think that would also hold true in general for the second showing of Fantasmic.

And make sure your BB reservation is early enough to get you to the Hub in time for a fireworks spot.

PHXscuba
I have been reading reports from Disneyland Daily that for the second showing, BB, RBT and HB all share the same space.

I have been reading reports from Disneyland Daily that for the second showing, BB, RBT and HB all share the same space.
Do they at least let BB and RBT in first? I would be a little upset if I spent that much money at BB for a premium seat and showed up say 30 minutes early only to find HB fastpasses filled up the area.

Do they at least let BB and RBT in first? I would be a little upset if I spent that much money at BB for a premium seat and showed up say 30 minutes early only to find HB fastpasses filled up the area.
I don't remember them writing anything about order. A CM had told one of them that since most people were going for the first show, there weren't that many to fill up the individual dining fastpass areas for the second. Casey Starnes has a blog and facebook page called Disneyland Daily and she just posted this morning about her BB Fantasmic! dining package for the 1030 show last night. She had said all dining packages were in the same area and then someone commented that, that was how it was for them when they recently did a 1030 show also. Maybe others will post about it though Disney seems to be changing thing up almost nightly.

Just to give an update on our RiverBelle Fantasmic experience this week.

1. Dinner. We enjoyed the bbq chicken and large plate of ribs. My picky eaters ate all but the center of the dragon dessert, which does have a bit of a kick. The children's menu was less appealing -- the chicken option was plain and pretty small; the menu said to ask for kids' dessert options and when we did we were told fruit plate (they noted that her entrée also came with fruit) and butterscotch parfait. She ate a bit of the parfait and stole some of my dragon. They served chocolate cupcakes for a nearby birthday, and really should offer that option rather than giving kids only more fruit or butterscotch, which was delicious but more appealing to adults.

Our first waitress was very friendly but kept forgetting promised drink refills and didn't clear salad plates. We were introduced to someone new who was "back from her lunch" and service improved. Disney VISA discount did apply.

2. Lining up and sitting. When we showed up at the Preferred Dining sign as instructed (at almost exactly 8 p.m.), we were instead directed to a line near Harbor Galley for all dining guests. For the early show, as people have said, the RBT and BB areas were separate. We were just to the right of center (when facing the show). A LONG line of people ahead of us, but we were lucky and very few were for RBT. We ended up at the railing, but would not have if we were BB because of the number of people who lined up early. We were glad to be at the railing and the bars did not bother us -- amazing how the brain nearly edits them out. Our view made it worth the price. A lot of people left before fireworks and others moved up. Great view with the projections.

Edited to add -- I noticed that all FP for both shows were gone when I passed by at lunchtime. Very glad to have the package.

Does anyone have an update on the BB kid's dessert? I am really hoping it isn't still butterscotch pudding, which is just the absolute worst idea for a kid's dessert.

Does anyone have an update on the BB kid's dessert? I am really hoping it isn't still butterscotch pudding, which is just the absolute worst idea for a kid's dessert.

i believe the butterscotch parfait is at River Belle not BB
BB desert for kids is a fondant chocolate cake

Any updates on the River Belle Premium Package? We have it booked in a few days but I'm seriously thinking of cancelling. Really the only reason I booked was so I'd have a chair ... I have knee issues and can't sit on the ground, but I'm considering just winging it because the food offerings aren't that appealing and I'm not sure that $ for what may be a mediocre view is worth it if I don't want bbq.

Any updates on the River Belle Premium Package? We have it booked in a few days but I'm seriously thinking of cancelling. Really the only reason I booked was so I'd have a chair ... I have knee issues and can't sit on the ground, but I'm considering just winging it because the food offerings aren't that appealing and I'm not sure that $ for what may be a mediocre view is worth it if I don't want bbq.
I have the premium package booked for Tuesday and I had hoped, too that there would be more reviews!

Mine isn't until Thursday ... if there's any way you could do a brief review if you go it would be so appreciated!

Maybe you can get the disability card (can't remember what it is called) and be seated in that area? I've heard mixed reports about the terrace seating. Some say you have to stand to see the show if not seated along the edge but maybe that would be ok for you? Hopefully others will report in! I go in about 10 days myself and plan to write about my experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter