Fantasmic Dining Package Discussion Thread

View Fantasmic! from River Belle restaurant OR from dining fast pass area

• River Belle Restaurant

Votes: 26 41.3%
  • Dining Fast Pass Area

Votes: 37 58.7%

• Total voters
Just got off the phone with the Dine Line. Spoke with a very nice lead about this situation. She said that they don't have much information right now and that any information they do have is subject to change at any time. (Um, yes, we did notice that...) However, here is what she knows as of this morning: the BB regular F! dining package will allow guests to SIT in the BB section along with the BB premium guests. There is some uncertainty whether the premium package will stick around (or for how long) or whether it will undergo major changes since the MSEP is going away. At this time, after the MSEP goes away on the 20th, there will be no cushion offered with the regular BB package, only with the premium. But she did say that this could change (like it did when the packages were first offered in July) if enough people complain to Disney. For more information, she said to keep calling back for updates. Hope this helps clarify some things, even if it isn't everything we wanted to hear right now.

Hmm. CM I talked to this morning said no changes and no one in management has told them any changes being made.

Hmm. CM I talked to this morning said no changes and no one in management has told them any changes being made.

Did you ask for a lead? One thing experience with Disney has taught me over the years is that everything is subject to change. Whether the changes actually happen is anyone's guess. And communication between CMs and management isn't what I would call great. When I reported what was being posted here, the lead was very surprised that any of her CMs would be telling people that information. Eventually, we'll all find out what Disney decides to do about this. There is still plenty of time for them to change their plans if enough people complain about any prospective changes.

We did the RBT Premium Seating package last night. We liked it but I will say if you want a perfect view of the show, it's probably not for you.

We checked in at 7:30 (we were about the 5th party to check in) and they seated us at 7:40. They began meal service right away. Tables were preassigned (I'm guessing by order of who booked first?) so there's really no need to get there early. I was hoping for a railing table but no luck, and getting there extra early won't help you there. We got a back row table but still saw the show fine. The umbrellas were removed from the tables but the lamp posts on the railing were a bit pesky, as you'll see in my pictures. Overall a good, albeit expensive, experience. I asked my DD9 after the show if she wished we'd have gotten a regular dining package where we could have sat down in front with the crowds and she said no way. She appreciated the relaxing atmosphere and said her view was fine. Again, not perfect, but worth it for us not to have to deal with the masses! They do allow you to politely move your chairs around to adjust your view, but we just stayed put. Feel free to ask me any questions you might have. I apologize for the poor quality photos but it gives you an idea of our view. I tried to upload pictures of our table location but it won't let me. I'll keep trying to add them.
IMG_0891.JPG IMG_0893.JPG IMG_0897.JPG IMG_0899.JPG

We did the RBT Premium Seating package last night. We liked it but I will say if you want a perfect view of the show, it's probably not for you.

We checked in at 7:30 (we were about the 5th party to check in) and they seated us at 7:40. They began meal service right away. Tables were preassigned (I'm guessing by order of who booked first?) so there's really no need to get there early. I was hoping for a railing table but no luck, and getting there extra early won't help you there...

If getting there early doesn't help you get a railside table, then how do they go about assigning those? Is it according to the order in which the reservations were made?

If getting there early doesn't help you get a railside table, then how do they go about assigning those? Is it according to the order in which the reservations were made?
That's my guess. I didn't ask so I'm just assuming. There wasn't any rhyme or reason to the seating system. I overheard someone complaining about their table but they would not move themand there were parties checking in way later than us that got railing tables.

Did you ask for a lead? One thing experience with Disney has taught me over the years is that everything is subject to change. Whether the changes actually happen is anyone's guess. And communication between CMs and management isn't what I would call great. When I reported what was being posted here, the lead was very surprised that any of her CMs would be telling people that information. Eventually, we'll all find out what Disney decides to do about this. There is still plenty of time for them to change their plans if enough people complain about any prospective changes.

No I didn't. But asked twice if management had told them if any changes were being made, both times she said no. She was also surprised when I told her what was being posted.
Know there will always be conflicting info from CM's.

Seems like I may need to bring something for my Mom to sit on then... we have a regular BB reservation for October so plenty of time for them to change it and change it again and maybe even a third time... :rolleyes1

Thanks for the update about the regular BB package sitting (minus the cushions) I still think if I keep my BB reservation I will ask for a cushion on the premise that when I booked the package a month ago, the CM specifically told me that cushion was included! Did you ask if Cafe Orleans will be sitting like RBT does now?

I am wondering if no one really knows right now what will happen come the time F! goes to only weekends. If the shows are really packed, I can see them making everyone stand.

FYI - I am going to release two different BB F! packages at 11am PST today. We ended up with a good time at Café Orleans F!

I am currently holding one for 9/9 at 7:50pm (2nd show) and 9/10 at 5:50 (1st show).

Just wanted to give a heads up if anyone is looking to grab one!

Thanks for the update about the regular BB package sitting (minus the cushions) I still think if I keep my BB reservation I will ask for a cushion on the premise that when I booked the package a month ago, the CM specifically told me that cushion was included! Did you ask if Cafe Orleans will be sitting like RBT does now?

I am wondering if no one really knows right now what will happen come the time F! goes to only weekends. If the shows are really packed, I can see them making everyone stand.

the CM on the call yesterday said Cafe Orleans will not offer table sittings, but will have floor seatings in same section as BB, I was surprised and asked "same sections as BB??!!" she said yes.. at this point I just dont know what to believe anymore. just keep on changing

the CM on the call yesterday said Cafe Orleans will not offer table sittings, but will have floor seatings in same section as BB, I was surprised and asked "same sections as BB??!!" she said yes.. at this point I just dont know what to believe anymore. just keep on changing

I can't even...:rotfl2: Let's see how many different responses we can get to the same question...

Does anyone know approximately (or on average) how long it takes to complete the dining package meal at BB? Thanks!

When we've eaten there in the past usually an hour once you've been seated.

A few years ago, before the dining packages, we were waiting for Fantasmic in the area that is now the BB seating area. We were chatting with one of the CMs who said the tech crew has to have a clear view of the water because of the fire effects, so all balloons and strollers must be put down. I can't imagine that's changed much. Right next to vip seating area is the show crew, so if you're on the waterfront in that area you should be ok to be sitting down. Hope this helps!

Does anyone know approximately (or on average) how long it takes to complete the dining package meal at BB? Thanks!

When we've eaten there in the past usually an hour once you've been seated.

The key is once you are seated! When I did the package at 4:40, they could have seated me almost right away but it was a 15 min delay because I requested a water table. I actually showed up at 4:15 and got seated around 4:30. But when I was leaving about an hour later the waiting area was pretty crowded and lots of people waiting in the "street" outside. So, as with anything, the earlier you go, the less wait you will have.

The key is once you are seated! When I did the package at 4:40, they could have seated me almost right away but it was a 15 min delay because I requested a water table. I actually showed up at 4:15 and got seated around 4:30. But when I was leaving about an hour later the waiting area was pretty crowded and lots of people waiting in the "street" outside. So, as with anything, the earlier you go, the less wait you will have.
Thank you! That is helpful!

This all is getting very frustrating and very non-Disney.

I specifically booked BB for my DD8's bday celebrations because we can sit and watch F!. She was hoping the dessert package would come back, but since it didn't, we decided to do this even though none of us is crazy about BB because she loves F!. Now, it's possible that my two DDs won't be able to sit which means they won't be able to see. We never see WOC because my children can't see it- it's standing room, and adults are taller than then, and we can't hold them high enough for 30 minutes (and I refuse to be the rude person holding them on our shoulders because I think that's really inconsiderate). I'm actually pretty upset right now because this is all speculation but absolutely possibilities since some CMs have told people this, and I know Disney won't confirm. They just keep changing everything over and over.

I reserved a CO for one night in addition to my BB I already had a different night since we actually like the food at CO. I guess I'll wait and hope some people report back on some consistent seating arrangements before we go the weekend of 9/16.

All the angry faces!!!! :furious:

So, I emailed Disney and simply asked if I "could sit on the ground for my Fantasmic! Dining Reservation in September at Cafe Orleans even though Fantasmic! was moving to weekends"

Just that ONE question. I provided my reservation number and waited for a response.

I got an email back from Disney guest relations today and it stated that "as far as we know, there will be no seating on chairs" and a few lines down "if you have a reservation booked for that day, then your reservation won't be cancelled"

What? I never asked about chairs, I specifically said GROUND and I never asked if my reservation was going to be cancelled. Haha! They didn't even answer the question I asked. How many times do I have to call/email before I get an answer?

What? I never asked about chairs, I specifically said GROUND and I never asked if my reservation was going to be cancelled. Haha! They didn't even answer the question I asked. How many times do I have to call/email before I get an answer?
Truthfully, I think even if you did get an answer, you would probably get different answers depending on which CM was responding to your question. There probably won't be a solid/consistent answer until the packages begin in September (and even then, things can change without notice)...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter