Fantasmic Dining Package Discussion Thread

View Fantasmic! from River Belle restaurant OR from dining fast pass area

• River Belle Restaurant

Votes: 26 41.3%
  • Dining Fast Pass Area

Votes: 37 58.7%

• Total voters
I recently got the BB dining package and loved everything about it. We were given the seat cushions (which we had no idea existed - we were so surprised and excited! Free stuff!) While they weren't the most luxurious and comfiest seats, they were definitely better than sitting on the hard concrete waiting for the show to begin. We were seated in the preferred dining section right up against the railing, dead center. I've seen Fantasmic countless times but never have I had such great seats! I will say the railing would tend to get in the way of my view, so I'd have to peek through to see the entire show but being so close and able to see every detail made it completely worth it.

Keep in mind, preferred dining is still first come first serve. Especially while the show is still fresh, many people will still show up an hour-hour and a half early even with dining fastpasses (like I did!) However it seemed like there couldn't be a bad spot in this viewing section. I'm honestly still on cloud 9 from watching the show. :blush:

I didn't know the HB let you fill in at the center area. We lined up at the Harbor Galley and they let us into the left side of the viewing area only. As it got closer to showtime and our area was full do they then let the HB people fill in as standing room behind BB and RBT viewing area is?
It was right before the show started. Our area was almost completely empty for the second show, other than the first row by the railing. I think that is why they let HB spill over to our area. It is a mandatory sit on the ground area, so I suspect they told the HB people that if they wanted to sit on the ground, they could come over to our section. It looked like there were still a large group of people standing in the HB section. Not sure what the strategy was other than we had extra room and they let HB sit on the ground who wanted to do that.

Thanks for reporting about the kids meal at RBT. Do they provide bread or anything on the side? My 12 year old will much prefer the mac & cheese but sounds like it will be link an appetiser in terms of the size. Also, wonder if they let you substitute for tater tots? No way either kid (even my good eater) would eat green beans. That's even one of the veggies my DH won't eat. Definitely need to count on a snack before/after if not.

She got an appetizer of 3 carrot sticks and 3 celery sticks. No bread. We did not realize they put green beans with the mac and cheese until it showed up or we would have asked if we could substitute. She looked at the kids menu, but I just glanced down it and did not look at it that closely so it might have said they were there- I'm not sure. We did ask about the butterscotch pudding and were told that was all there was available for kids- but apparently that has changed already from later reports.

Thank you for posting the menus! Would you recommend RBT 8pm seating at the tables or watching F! from the front, Fastpass area sitting on the ground?

Thank you for posting the menus! Would you recommend RBT 8pm seating at the tables or watching F! from the front, Fastpass area sitting on the ground?
I've never done RBT seating. But from my experience, sitting in the front is the best view by far! You can just feel the heat and mist! I think RBT really is only good for people who just can't sit on the ground.

Last edited:

Some photos from Blue Bayou:

Bread basket-so good and so much food for one person! They gave me a box to pack up 1/2 of it for later snacking (I had an early dinner time)

file-D36AE8D5-3BA5-4DA0-A9E6-86563E14D64A-3512-0000039267029857.jpg

Surf and Turf, pretty yummy, but just general Fillet and Lobster tail

file-F6A93230-7B89-40D2-8499-058CCC7BF0AD-3512-00000392675B3DE5.jpg

My server let me have 2 desserts instead of a starter! Works out well for me because I prefer sweets, but did mean I had to wait a while before food came out.

Creme Brûlée-very good, but not the best CB I've ever had. The mini Madeline was pretty cute though!

file-D3EDF486-E5DF-4481-B8AB-5292AE716BFF-3512-0000039267A45105.jpg

Sorceror Mickey-really good. A bit shocked when it came out red not brown like the website photos. But inside it was yum yum yum. I didn't get a strong Bananas Foster taste and that creme was easily picked out, so it was more chocolate mousse. All decorations on the plate were edible.file-0635ABF1-96CB-483B-9844-49605F503991-3512-000003926858C510.jpg
file-8D25E840-994D-45C6-8764-97C049F8454A-3512-00000392680FD69B.jpg

Seat cushion-I really like the design. It is just a piece of foamed plastic, but I'm actually sitting on it now on a brick bench trying to digest while I type this! file-F5C6C0FA-FA33-4B36-93F7-24B9BEE6B860-3512-0000039268BFA5A7.jpg

AP discounts apply. So without tip it comes to $60 per person with 15% discount. I gave my server the 20% tip because of the desserts!
file-72886AA3-1E35-4332-9B42-6C10C1602EFB-3512-0000039267EB9C46.jpg

Looking forward to watching the show tonight!

Attachments

• file-0635ABF1-96CB-483B-9844-49605F503991-3512-000003926858C510.jpg
    file-0635ABF1-96CB-483B-9844-49605F503991-3512-000003926858C510.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 12
  • file-72E3970F-F0A2-401A-BA52-CAB977C51BCB-3512-0000039268941E66.jpg
    file-72E3970F-F0A2-401A-BA52-CAB977C51BCB-3512-0000039268941E66.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 15
They are also separating dining packages. Blue bayou is center, river belle is on the east separated with a rope, hungry bear is on the west separated with tape on the ground. I entered with first group (was so full I didn't feel like going on rides so decided to wait and read my book). They let us in 1.5 hrs before the show. Everyone entered thru entrance by Haunted Mansion (next to coffee stand), HB went right into area, while everyone else continued along roped off path at back of seating area. BB was let in at the first rope break; RBT continued to second rope break. Overheard the CMs talking and they said once HB section fills up they will close it. It appears at the moment all 3 sections are seated only.

See photos:
1) RBT area
2) BB area
3) HB area-people are sitting at edge of tape
4) RBT premium seating area

file-222379ED-A6D4-4878-986C-17DD1D02D9C1-3633-000003A5E1A3B648.jpg file-AB1E7FCE-E363-446D-B4B1-373462132842-3633-000003A5E217E1E0.jpg file-6A1BE66F-6FE9-4583-B1DD-7C1462CCB618-3633-000003A5E2570873.jpg file-8668E6A6-B359-4D96-BD11-40B10AE096E1-3633-000003A5E2A268BC.jpg

Looking like sitting up front is going to be the way to go. One more question , I promise :), can one person go in when they open up the seating at 7:30 and put out a blanket to save spots for the rest of the party? Or does everyone have to go in at the same if you want to sit together? Just wondering if dad can take the kids on a ride or two before it starts and I save the seats. Thank you!!

Looking like sitting up front is going to be the way to go. One more question , I promise :), can one person go in when they open up the seating at 7:30 and put out a blanket to save spots for the rest of the party? Or does everyone have to go in at the same if you want to sit together? Just wondering if dad can take the kids on a ride or two before it starts and I save the seats. Thank you!!
People were able to come and go. I saw several people saving space for their families. As long as you don't abuse it, should be fine! And everyone should get back by 8:30 at absolute latest. And I would maybe not do blanket-bags and sweaters would provide better optics.

For Blue Bayou, it was only a single row of people until around 8:15, while there were plenty more people on the side sections. Then it started getting a bit more full. But I think for the first 60 days or so of the show BB will have less people. The restaurant was booked solid of people not necessarily getting Fantasmic, although they have the option to do it when they arrive. But that means only maybe max of 50% of people eating at BB are Fantasmic packages. (Maybe even less because some people may be doing MSEP before it ends and don't feel like upgrading to both packages.) meanwhile, almost everyone at River Belle got a Fantasmic package.

They are also separating dining packages. Blue bayou is center, river belle is on the east separated with a rope, hungry bear is on the west separated with tape on the ground. I entered with first group (was so full I didn't feel like going on rides so decided to wait and read my book). They let us in 1.5 hrs before the show. Everyone entered thru entrance by Haunted Mansion (next to coffee stand), HB went right into area, while everyone else continued along roped off path at back of seating area. BB was let in at the first rope break; RBT continued to second rope break. Overheard the CMs talking and they said once HB section fills up they will close it. It appears at the moment all 3 sections are seated only.

See photos:
1) RBT area
2) BB area

View attachment 255206 View attachment 255207 View attachment 255208 View attachment 255209

Thanks for all of the details and pictures. In your opinion, does the BB have a much better view than RBT? We can't decide between our reservations at RBT or BB, but we are leaning toward RBT. If BB has a much better view though, I'd probably keep that reservation instead.

I've never done RBT seating. But from my experience, sitting in the front is the best view by far! You can just feel the heat and mist! I think RBT really is only good for people who just can't sit on the ground.

Thank you SOOOO much for posting all your wonderful photos. SOOOO helpful to others!!!
My son and I plan on doing the BB pkg at the end of September - we last did it in July 2015 and loved it!
Loved seeing all your photos - hope you had a great time at the show!! :-))

Question regarding the premium RBT seating, that I am not sure if anyone will have the answer. What if you are a party of 1. Do they sit you with other smaller party's or do you get the table to yourself? This sounds like a good option or me, since sitting on the ground or standing for 2+ hours is just not possible.

Thanks for all of the details and pictures. In your opinion, does the BB have a much better view than RBT? We can't decide between our reservations at RBT or BB, but we are leaning toward RBT. If BB has a much better view though, I'd probably keep that reservation instead.
If you get there early (7:30ish) then you can sit on the far west side of the RBT area and get almost as good a view as BB. But if you get there later, you may get stuck on the east side which is between 2 screens and not the best. BB is dead center and fewer people, so you can get there later and still have a great view.

Show was great as always! Definitely lots of changes but the basic idea was still there.

Oh wow, Hungry Bear is seated along the rail as well? I was under the impression they were in a different area.

We are all booked for the BB Fantasmic dinner package. We wanted RBT but it was all booked. I actually had to book 2 seperate resevations because I could not find a time for a group of 6 people. I booked it at the 60 day mark and everything was pretty much taken. I have done this package before and I do believe it is worth every dime.

We are all booked for the BB Fantasmic dinner package. We wanted RBT but it was all booked. I actually had to book 2 seperate resevations because I could not find a time for a group of 6 people. I booked it at the 60 day mark and everything was pretty much taken. I have done this package before and I do believe it is worth every dime.
I have just the opposite problem...I am booked at RBT but now would like to switch to BB. Of course, since we go in just three short weeks, BB is now booked. From everything I have been reading it should be a great show either way. Since we will be seeing this on our last night, I am crossing my fingers it's not canceled at the last minute.

See photos:
1) RBT area
2) BB area

View attachment 255206 View attachment 255207 View attachment 255208 View attachment 255209
This is interesting since on Wednesday we ate at RBT and were mixed in with BB - we sat in what you posted as now the BB-only section. HB people were NOT let in our section for the 9:00 show.

Obviously they are making changes, so people planning should take all current situations with a grain of salt, I think!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter