Fantasmic Dinner Package Changes

CarolAnnC

<font color=blue>Caught Smuggling Jello Shot Syrin
Now through December 16 Disney is testing a new policy for booking the Fantasmic Dinner Package. The package includes dinner at one of three Disney-MGM Studios restaurants and gives you reserved seating in the Fantasmic Show. Participating restaurants are The Brown Derby, Mama Melrose, and Hollywood and Vine.

By booking this package you get a Priority Seating for dinner at one of the participating restaurants and you will receive a ticket that allows you access to the special reserved section of Fantasmic.

In the past guests booked this package up to seven days in advance and would be required to order one entrée per person while at the restaurant. During the test period, however, the package has changed as follows:

Reservations are PRE-PAID by credit card at the time of booking. Same-day bookings will still need to be guaranteed by a credit card.
You may book this NOW for packages up to Dec. 16 and you can cancel up to 48 hours in advance to avoid a cancellation fee.
Pricing is set at a FIXED PRICE and diners can choose from the following:

Hollywood and Vine package includes dinner at Hollywood and Vine Restaurant (gratuity included, tax and beverages NOT included). Cost for dinner is $22.99 per adult and $10.99 per child age 3 - 11. The meal consists of the full buffet, including dessert. Prices include gratuity but not 6% sales tax. (With tax the prices are $24.37 for adults and $11.65 per child age 3 - 11)

Mama Melrose package includes dinner at Mama Melrose's Restaurant (gratuity included, tax and beverages NOT included). At Mama Melrose you will order off a special Fantasmic Dinner Menu for adults and the children will order off the children's menu. Cost for the Mama Melrose Fantasmic Dinner Package is $32.99 per adult and $10.99 per child age 3 - 11. The meal consists of a salad choice and an entrée choice off the special menu, and a tiramisu dessert. Prices include gratuity but not 6% sales tax. (With tax the prices are $34.97 for adults and $11.65 per child age 3 - 11.)

The Brown Derby package includes dinner at The Brown Derby Restaurant (gratuity included, tax and beverages NOT included). At The Brown Derby you will order off a special Fantasmic Dinner Menu for adults and the children will order off the children's menu. Cost for The Brown Derby Fantasmic Dinner Package is $39.99 per adult and$10.99 per child age 3 - 11. The meal consists of a choice of soup, salad or appetizer, an entrée choice off the special menu and a dessert. Prices include gratuity but not 6% sales tax. (With tax the prices are $42.39 for adults and $11.65 per child age 3 - 11.)

By booking this dinner package you will avoid waiting in line for 60-90 minutes to get in to the theater and instead you will be able to walk right up to the theater 30-45 minutes before show time, and still have a seat waiting for you. Be aware the section itself is reserved for those with the dinner package ticket and all in the party must have a ticket to be able to sit in the section. Within the reserved section seating is on a first come-first served basis, so if you want your choice of seats, you should arrive 45-60 minutes early.

You may book the Fantasmic Dinner Package by calling 407-WDW-Dine or Central Reservations, or book in person at Disney's MGM Studios or at Guest Relations at any of the Walt Disney World Resorts. At Disney's MGM Studios you can book at the dining kiosk at Hollywood Junction (at the corner of Hollywood Boulevard and Sunset Boulevard). Ask for the Fantasmic! Dinner Package. Booking for Sept. 16 - Dec. 16 is now open. It is no longer required that you book seven days or less in advance.

Available Dining Times

Sept. 16 - Oct. 5: Fantasmic is at 8:00 pm, dining times available are from 3:30 pm - 6:00 pm.
Oct. 6 - Oct. 25: Fantasmic is at 7:30 pm, dining times available are from 3:30 pm - 5:30 pm.
Oct. 26 - Nov. 26: Fantasmic is at 6:30 pm, dining times available are from 3:30 pm - 4:40 pm.
Nov. 26 -- Dec. 16: Fantasmic is at 6:00 pm, dining times available are from 3:30 pm - 4:40 pm.

Book early for best dining times. Availability is limited.

Anyone heard if this deal has been extended beyond Dec. 16? I'll be going in mid-Jan. and will have to make my PS later this week. Thanks.

This is from a link at the top of this page. It sure sounds to me this special menu is different or more limited than the regular menu. Does anyone have first hand account on this?

Originally posted by CarolAnnK

Mama Melrose package includes dinner at Mama Melrose's Restaurant (gratuity included, tax and beverages NOT included). At Mama Melrose you will order off a special Fantasmic Dinner Menu for adults and the children will order off the children's menu. Cost for the Mama Melrose Fantasmic Dinner Package is $32.99 per adult and $10.99 per child age 3 - 11. The meal consists of a salad choice and an entrée choice off the special menu, and a tiramisu dessert. Prices include gratuity but not 6% sales tax. (With tax the prices are $34.97 for adults and $11.65 per child age 3 - 11.)

The Brown Derby package includes dinner at The Brown Derby Restaurant (gratuity included, tax and beverages NOT included). At The Brown Derby you will order off a special Fantasmic Dinner Menu for adults and the children will order off the children's menu. Cost for The Brown Derby Fantasmic Dinner Package is $39.99 per adult and$10.99 per child age 3 - 11. The meal consists of a choice of soup, salad or appetizer, an entrée choice off the special menu and a dessert. Prices include gratuity but not 6% sales tax. (With tax the prices are $42.39 for adults and $11.65 per child age 3 - 11.)

:( Just to let everyone know, originally when they offered this fantasmic deal, it was simpler and cheaper. All you had to do was eat at any of the mgm restaurants{including lunch, which is cheaper} and ask for an admission ticket for each person ordering any meal, and you just walked to the special entrance in front of the park and sat down in the reserved section up to one hour ahead of time. Now, disney apparentley decided that you have to spend a certain amount of money on a meal to do this.

They have extended this promotion apparently because we are going 12/27-1/4 and we were able to book this package for 12/29 at Brown Derby. Has anyone done this and know what the special menu is like?? I've never eaten there so it won't matter much for me but my mom has and liked certain things she'd like to get again and was wondering what the menu offers.

When we were there this past Feb. we did it the old way and the dinner buffet at Hollywood & Vine was only $16.95, I don't think I like that new price. ~:(~

Originally posted by mitros
:( Just to let everyone know, originally when they offered this fantasmic deal, it was simpler and cheaper. All you had to do was eat at any of the mgm restaurants{including lunch, which is cheaper} and ask for an admission ticket for each person ordering any meal, and you just walked to the special entrance in front of the park and sat down in the reserved section up to one hour ahead of time. Now, disney apparentley decided that you have to spend a certain amount of money on a meal to do this.

I agree! I wonder what entrees you could choose from at Mama Melroses. We enjoy eating there, but would not want to be told what we could eat. The "reserved" spot at Fantasmic was not that special that you should be told what, when, and how much to eat IMO.

:( Absolutley, the "reserved" spots were nothing special at all. And disney decided to change the way you use the fantasmic dinner/show program to force folks to spend more money

We are going to WDW around NYE and were able to get a Fantasmic dinner PS for Jan. 3rd. The CM who took our PS reservations said the program has been extended until Jan. 31st.

Just an FYI to all!!

Thanks, fredonna. Just called and got our PS for 5:10 on 1/22 at Hollywood & Vine (cheapest of the Fantasmic packages--$60.39, including tax & tip, for two adults and one DD [plus a 2 1/2-year-old DD who eats like she's, well, 3]--and widest food selection)...meaning every i has been dotted and t has been crossed on all our ressies and discounts. In other words, Yaaay!!! :bounce:

Just so we all understand what they are doing here....

They are taking something that used to be free, the ticket to the special entrance at Fantasmic, and charging for it.

They are also taking away some menu choices.

The only advantage added is the ability to book further in advance.

I personally wish the "new program" would flop, but as long as people keep making ressies, Disney will keep "extending" it. I'm sorry to say we won't be able to afford the Fantasmic Dinner Package anymore. ~:(~

:( Yea, I agree. I hope it implodes in on it self.The original system was far better and less expensive. It's a real shame that you won't be able to go any more.:mad:

Per the past couple replies, a point I think is key to assuage the guilt of those of us who've made PS's: It's kind of a Catch-22. Yes, Disney is out to make a buck--but it's based on demand for what everybody, DIS boarders included, says is a must-see show. Especially w/young kids who may not take kindly to a long wait, many of us feel we have to get a ressie to be safe, and the old system--within seven days <i>while on-property</i>--could mean Brown Derby (and a $100 tab) or bust. Also, in my case at least, Hollywood & Vine will only cost $5-$10 more for the entire family, which again (scroll up--or down?) includes a 2 1/2-year-old who won't be charged but will eat. Just my 2 cents.

:( I am certainly one to make PS's for dining,we do it all the time. I guess my original point was that under the fantasmic voucher program that was available back at the very beginning of the program,you still could make PS's for a meal, but you were not told how much to spend for said meal. It could even be lunch {much cheaper} and then all you had to do was tell the server that you were going to see fantasmic and they would give you a ticket for each member of your party. Once the program became so popular, disney figured that as long as so many people were using it, they could set up a program where people would have to spend a certain amount of money {more then before} to get that ticket.:eek: Anyway, happy holidays! :bounce:

Whoaaa...... we are going in Feb. But it seems a lot for our family, mom and dad and 13yr. old. His appetite is not that of an adult yet... so that is a little pricey for us. He is just a plain eater... not a big eater at all..

Any suggestions...

Mitros: You're right on all counts. I'm probably just playing devil's advocate and in any case am simply glad to get a PS. I had no qualms about the old system--actually I'd hoped it would have been expanded to the 50s Prime Time Diner(?), which I'd read they sometimes used to do. In a perfect (WD) world, I guess...

Happy New Year to all!

I guess I understand (but don't really agree with) the fact that Disney isn't going to give you special entry for free, but I think requiring you to pay for a dinner for each member in your party should be enough. As I mentioned before we only paid 16.95 a person at H&V in Feb. 2002. I know the buffet price has now been raised to 19.99, but the fantasmic dinner price is 22.95. ~:(~

:) melish27; If memory serves me, when they very first started the fantasmic program, the only places that you would not be able to eat at to receive the tickets were the counter service eateries. I thought that at it's inception, you could eat at any sit down restaurant and receive the fantasmic ticket? :confused:

As of Jan. 1, 2003, what does the current Fantasmic Dinner Package consist of, what is the cost, and how far can I book out? I looked on wdwig.com but their info on the this subject was only good thru Dec. 2002.

Thanks for any replys:D
Diznee25

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!