Fantasmic Dinner Package Changes

Thank you for the tip/advice.

I just booked our Hollywood and Vine Fantasmic Dinner Package for August 9th.

Not a pre-paid event but gaurenteed with a CC.

Thanks for the great thread!!!

Hollywood & Vine and Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano both count as one Table Service meal for the Dining Plan, while the Brown Derby counts as a Signature experience, or two Table Service meals.

When you call to make a reservation, your credit card number will be taken, but the charge won't be put through (unless you are a no-show, or do not cancel at least 48 hours before your dining date). You will pay with your Magic Your Way Dining Plan when you dine, just as you would for any meal.

beattyfamily said:
Usually, if you go to the second showing, you do not need the Fantasmic Dining Package so that is probably why they do not allow it since it isn't necessary anyway.

How bad is the typical wait for the 10:30 show (Assuming early Aug.)?

Or have the crowds usually left the parks by then?

(I haven't been to WDW in 14yrs)

Sorry if this has already been asked(I didn't have time to read all 74 pages), but can the dining plan be used for Fantasmic package?

It is one Table Service Credit for Dinner at Hollywood & Vine AND Mama Melrose and 2 Table Service Credits per person at Brown Derby ( Signature Restaurant ).
Very Nice Plan though, have a nice dinner and enter thru separate entrance for Fantasmic and have a seating area reserved.....view from seating area is good too, just fine, and definately worth strolling in 20 minutes before show and having a full tummy and good seats!
It's worth it! :tinker: :tinker: :mickeyjum

bellenbuzz said:
It is one Table Service Credit for Dinner at Hollywood & Vine AND Mama Melrose and 2 Table Service Credits per person at Brown Derby ( Signature Restaurant ).
Very Nice Plan though, have a nice dinner and enter thru separate entrance for Fantasmic and have a seating area reserved.....view from seating area is good too, just fine, and definately worth strolling in 20 minutes before show and having a full tummy and good seats!
It's worth it! :tinker: :tinker: :mickeyjum
I do remember when HBD used to be only a single credit. I missed those times.

My friend is going in August and she thinks that 50's Prime Time is part of the Fantasmic Pkg choices? Is this true? I may want to change if that was true?

Thanks

LBKMAMA said:
My friend is going in August and she thinks that 50's Prime Time is part of the Fantasmic Pkg choices? Is this true? I may want to change if that was true?

Thanks
No 50 PTC is not part of the Fantasmic Dinner Package.

Hollywood & Vine, Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano and the Brown Derby are the places to eat to get the Dinner Package!!

I'm sure this has been covered ad nauseum, but here goes:

1.) If one purchases the Fantasmic package at Brown Derby, can you order any entree on the menu, or is it a limited menu? I ask because my wife is a vegetarian, and needs to order the vegetarian entree...

2.) If one is on the dining plan, but paying for Fantasmic Dinner Package at Brown Derby OOP, is gratuity still covered by the package, or do you need to add tip to the $37/per?

Help greatly appreciated. Apologize again for mundane questions.

:surfweb:

woody74 said:
I'm sure this has been covered ad nauseum, but here goes:

1.) If one purchases the Fantasmic package at Brown Derby, can you order any entree on the menu, or is it a limited menu? I ask because my wife is a vegetarian, and needs to order the vegetarian entree...

2.) If one is on the dining plan, but paying for Fantasmic Dinner Package at Brown Derby OOP, is gratuity still covered by the package, or do you need to add tip to the $37/per?

Help greatly appreciated. Apologize again for mundane questions.

:surfweb:

Just giving you a bump because I was wondering about the same things. :)

Fionasmommy said:
Just giving you a bump because I was wondering about the same things. :)

Hollywood & Vine and Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano both count as one Table Service meal for the Dining Plan, while the Brown Derby counts as a Signature experience, or two Table Service meals.

When you call to make a reservation, your credit card number will be taken, but the charge won't be put through (unless you are a no-show, or do not cancel at least 48 hours before your dining date). You will pay with your Magic Your Way Dining Plan when you dine, just as you would for any meal.
There is no additional charge for the package itself. However, the package, which includes a fixed price dinner and the Fantasmic! seating pass, MUST be guaranteed at the time of booking with a credit card, and a $10 cancellation fee applies if not cancelled at least 48 hours beforehand.

Prices for the fixed price dinners are as follows:

Brown Derby $36.99 adult/$10.99 child (3-9) not including admission, tax, and gratuity. Your choice of appetizer, soup, or salad; entree; and dessert from menu. Items include Spice Grilled Filet Mignon, Pan-Seared Grouper, and The Original Cobb Salad. Adult beverages (alcohol) NOT included. Child's meal includes beverage.

All packages include a special pass for seating at that night's Fantasmic! and dinner at the restaurant chosen.

Report to your restaurant 10 minutes before your Fantasmic! Dinner Package PS, and you'll receive your special Fantasmic! seating pass at that time.

If you are using your Disney Dining Plan to pay for the meal, no additional gratuity is required unless you order an adult beverage (alcohol) which is not included in the plan.

Information can be found on www.allearsnet.com

I have a question. What is the advantage of the Fantasmic package on the FDP? Is it just to be allowed in early? Is it better seating? Does it use up two credits or one?

Thanks, April at Tacoma Ranch :Pinkbounc

tacomaranch said:
I have a question. What is the advantage of the Fantasmic package on the FDP? Is it just to be allowed in early? Is it better seating? Does it use up two credits or one?

Thanks, April at Tacoma Ranch :Pinkbounc

The only advantage is that you are guaranteed a seat (up to 30 minutes before the show; then they open those seats to everyone) and you don't have to wait in the regualr line; you enter through a special package entrance.

They are not better seats; they are the seats to the right of the stage. And you are not really allowed in early either.

H&V and MM are 1 TS credit and Brown Derby is 2 TS credits.

I'm really sure my answer is hidden somewhere in here.... but .. two questions - we will be there on Oct 2nd - made ADR for 6pm at Sci Fi (Duh!!!) obviously will have to cancel those to make Fantasmic. But my question is - should we book for 50's Prime Time at 4pm, stand in line (will it still give us enough time for good seats) or book the Fantasmic Package at Mama Melrose. If we do Mama Melrose, which I'm not so keen on doing, will we be able to pay OOP for DD9 as Child or will we have to use DDP as it's a package deal? Thanks!

DisneyGirl4188 said:
Do you pick what pizza you want and is it one per table?

It's one per group of 4 people, meaning it's served "family style". So you as a group can pick one kind of pizza from the four choices.

Please tell me if I am interpreting prior posts correctly:

We want to dine at the Brown Derby using two dining credits each under the DDP. I thought since we are dining at BD anyway, why not purchase the FDP with our DDP credits. BUT, it appears that limits our choices of entrees, forces us to purchase/pay for a drink and leave a gratuity; normally this is all covered under the DDP. We are going at a slow time of the year, so it isn't critical to do FDP, but thought it would make it nicer.

If what I am indicating above is correct, isn't it more beneficial just to do the DDP?

Thanks.

rlduvall said:
We want to dine at the Brown Derby using two dining credits each under the DDP. I thought since we are dining at BD anyway, why not purchase the FDP with our DDP credits. BUT, it appears that limits our choices of entrees, forces us to purchase/pay for a drink and leave a gratuity; normally this is all covered under the DDP.
Thanks.

I just called yesterday to book the FDP package at the Brown Derby in October.

I expressed concern to the CM that the menu would be limited - for a 2 TS meal I'd like to be able to order anything off the menu or it's just not worth it IMO. The CM pulled up the menu and said it was the same as the regular menu. She said it's a Signature restaurant, so you can expect to be able to order the signature entrees.

I booked it, but I'll probably call back again just to confirm that info. Better safe than sorry!

Also, as I understand it the DDP does cover the drink (non-alcoholic) and gratuity.

I'm not sure when you're going, but when I called yesterday there weren't many seatings left during the week we're going. We literally had one choice on the day we wanted. If you're going during free dining, I'd suggest booking it now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter