Fantasmic Dinner Package Changes

Jan3571 said:
We will be at WDW the week AFTER Thanksgiving and are hoping for lower crowd levels. Given the new Fantasmic dinner package, which I do not want to do, we may just go for the regular seating not the reserved. I've never done that...always had the package before. My question is: How long might the line be since that is supposed to be one of the slower times of year. I'm kind of hoping we can just walk up and get in without too much of a wait.

I have the same question.. I booked the Fantasmic Package with Mama Rosa's for September, but since I'm on the DDP, I also booked with Tony's in MK and would prefered having something less than italian..
So I'm thinking in dropping the Fantasmic Package and stick with Flatbread's (which has a good rep)....
Has anybody been in September without the Fantasmic package? is it really worth it? I will be going in a day without EMH, so I'm guessing the park will be less crowded and therefore smaller lines. Any comments?

crazymama said:
I am sure this has been debated to death somewhere in the MANY pages of this forum but... we are a family of 5 with 3 kids under 12. We have never been to DW and are going next March. I want to do the Fantasmic package and am wondering which of the 3 choices has the best atmosphere for kids! Also, does anyone know approx what time the show goes in March? I am torn because I would love to take them to the 50's PT for lunch also but that seems like a lot of food in one day (not big eaters, those kids of mine!) I'd rather do counter service for lunch before a more pricey sit down meal for supper! Of course, I could just be being "thrifty" (read... cheap!) I think we will only be at MGM one day. Any thoughts? Thanks!!!! :thumbsup2

OK Here is MHO
You could go to 50 PTC for an early lunch, as soon as they open. We ate there Feb 04 with kids 4,6,10,&12( and in 96 with only 3 & 5 yr-olds :rotfl: ). I don't recall what the older two ordered. WE were not on the Disney Dining Plan then. We shared an app and 2 desserts. (HOWEVER---OUR FAVORITE MGM PLACE THAT WE NEVER MISS IN Sci-FI) Then go to H&V. Being a buffet, everyone can eat what they want to. It would be a $$$ eating day. I have two of those planned for our next trip BUT 2 days with only CS too. We liked H&V fine when we did it in July 03. I am thinking that we will just try our luck with no Fan Dinner Package and hope for a night with 2 shows. I MIGHT CHANGE MY MIND AND TRY MM BECAUSE DH LOVES Italian and give it a try as the package??? I have a few months to decide. Right now we have 4 big meals on our list for Epcot and that is too much Epcot.

mitros _ I think you're looking at this the wrong way. The whole point of the program is to offer a *bonus* of special seating to those guests who choose to dine in the park. I think the changes are in place to keep the spirit of that promotion. Looks like they were having a problem with people ordering the cheapest thing on the menu, or ordering only an app and then wanting the reserved seating- this was intended as a luxury to those guests who dine in the park. Personally, we booked the Fantasmic! special at Brown Derby thinking it was a rare special treat- we get to eat at a signature service restaurant for less than we would pay without the special AND we wont have to wait forever to see Fantasmic! AND we are guaranteed good seats. We saw it as a WIN WIN WIN situation. I think they are just trying to get back to the exclusivity of the program - makes people feel special! We feel special.

Jan3571 said:
We will be at WDW the week AFTER Thanksgiving and are hoping for lower crowd levels. Given the new Fantasmic dinner package, which I do not want to do, we may just go for the regular seating not the reserved. I've never done that...always had the package before. My question is: How long might the line be since that is supposed to be one of the slower times of year. I'm kind of hoping we can just walk up and get in without too much of a wait.

I am curoius too...I am going Dec 7-16th I love the package bc I am an anxious person and have trouble waiting in a line too long if its not moving...but I do not know how bad the lines will be at that time. I like Mama Melrose and we have the package booked right now there. But since I have been there the last couple years I've gone I am thinking of just waiting in the regular line and eating somewhere else outside of the studios bc none of the other FDP restaurants are appealing to me.

Rather than having so many individual sticky threads at the top of the board, there will now be a link to this thread in the Links to WDW Dining FAQs and Information sticky thread.

I called last week & booked the package with dinner at MaMa Melrose. We are going
Aug 6th. I was told we could order anything off the menu. We are on the DDP.
She said she needed a credit card to hold the reservation. If we wanted to cancel
we had to give 48 hrs notice or be charged $10.00 per person.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter