• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fantasmic Dinner Package To Do or Not To Do???

PrincessCooper's Mom

Mouseketeer
First a little back ground.

It will be me, my husband, my mom, my dad, and my 2 year old little girl, Princess Cooper.

I have planned to go to Hollywood Studios 9/23/10.

We have free dining and I am trying to decide what to do for our TS that day.

For those that have done the dinner package is it worth it?
Is the line really that long for Fantasmic in September with out it?
Do the reserved seats have a good view?
Would you do dinner package yes or no?

Thanks in advance of all responses!

See if you can even book it. There are only 3 restaurants that do the FDP.

I booked our Fantasmic DP back at the begining of April.

When I was last at WDW I did the Fantasmic Dining Package. I would certainly do it again. The best part is, I was in WDW at a slow time and got to show up to the show 30 minutes prior. I would not have got a seat otherwise. The seats aren't great, but as they say, there are no bad seats. The only better seats would be the dead center and it wouldn't be worth the extra wait to get those.

The draw back is the dinner ADRs are for really early. I was only offered 3:30 or 4. I ate at Hollywood and Vine. Nothing special but the buffet was certainly good. Big selection and lots of really good dishes.

With you 2yo it would probably be worth it. Better than having to save seats or sit with her 1.5 or 2 hours before the show begins.

The first time that we saw Fantasmic, we didn't do the package. We ended up standing through the whole performance holding 2 children who otherwise wouldn't have been able to see. We have done the package ever since. Granted it's not as good as it used to be due to having to eat so early. We have in the past had later reservations, but now they make you eat around 4. We have tried Mama Melrose & Hoolywood & Vine which is our preference. You still have to get there a little early. I think they told us this year, if you aren't there 30 minutes in advance, they will not guarantee you a seat. They have vendors with sancks & ligh-up toys, so there is something to do when you are waiting. It is definitely worth it to us.

Because Fantasmic is my DH's favorite night time show, we have to make sure we go. We go during the time when the show is only once per week so we think it is worth it to book the package. We have dined at both HW&V and MM. We have been fortunate enough to book 4:30 and 5:00 dinners. This year we have 4:35 which is great since the show is at 8:00 that night. You may have a difficult time booking if you are going in Sept. They go quickly. Good luck :goodvibes

First a little back ground.

It will be me, my husband, my mom, my dad, and my 2 year old little girl, Princess Cooper.

I have planned to go to Hollywood Studios 9/23/10.

We have free dining and I am trying to decide what to do for our TS that day.

For those that have done the dinner package is it worth it?
Is the line really that long for Fantasmic in September with out it?
Do the reserved seats have a good view?
Would you do dinner package yes or no?

Thanks in advance of all responses!

I hate to break it to you, but I would predict all the F! Packages are probably already booked. We are going to see Fantasmic! on that same day and I called when the 180 day window opened up (back in middle of March) and I was informed I got the last reservation for that day for our party size (5 people). It was for 3:30 PM at Hollywood Brown Derby. I'm sure some have been canceled since then, but a F! Package is going to be hard to come by. Keep calling back though every day and try if you really want one. Some will probably open up between now and then. I personally have never done it, but I think it will be worth it not to have to stand in an hour long wait just to get in the theatre. I would rather come back about 45 mins before showtime and have a nice reserved seat in a good section. I have heard these shows fill up fast because there are only 2 a week and most people will try to see it once while they are at WDW. So basically, I can have a nice early dinner, go ride a few rides or watch a few shows and them come back to the theatre later that night about 45 mins before showtime, and get a nice seat. I say do it if you can get a reservation :) See you there :)

Thank you to all that responded to my question. Of course I called and there is nothing available. I will keep calling and keep my fingers crossed. I refuse to sweat the small stuff. She could be asleep by time for Fantasmic anyway. She's only 2 we will be back.

I WILL NOT STRESS! I WILL NOT STRESS! I WILL NOT STRESS!

I am in the same boat for September 26th. Here is to hoping that Disney realizes what a pain in the patootie it is to only haver Fantasmic 2 times a week and they add more shows.

On a side note, since September is technically the "slow" time of year to go, I am secretly hoping that EVERYONE going that night has booked a package and that the Fantasmic line will be swamped while the regular line will be short and sweet. :thumbsup2

We are going the following week and since we weren't able to get a F! package we decided to skip it this time. We will be back and since it is only held two times per week we decided that DHS will p'bly be much busier those two days. We are going to to a different day during the week to have more access to things!

I think you'll be OK the last week of September going without the package. We've been there the first week of September (with the package) and if you get to the theater about an hour before the show there will probably be plenty of seats...while the restaurants might have some crowds for free dining, the actual crowd levels in the parks will be quite a bit smaller. A lot of people will be at the show, yes -- but the theater seats thousands. When we went last year - which was after they did the cut-backs in number of shows - there were only two Fantasmic shows that week (no two-show nights, either, just two shows total for the week.) Anyway, we arrived at the theater about 55 minutes before the show & there was plenty of seats left. 30 minutes before it was starting to get full.

The first time that we saw Fantasmic, we didn't do the package. We ended up standing through the whole performance holding 2 children who otherwise wouldn't have been able to see. We have done the package ever since. Granted it's not as good as it used to be due to having to eat so early. We have in the past had later reservations, but now they make you eat around 4. We have tried Mama Melrose & Hoolywood & Vine which is our preference. You still have to get there a little early. I think they told us this year, if you aren't there 30 minutes in advance, they will not guarantee you a seat. They have vendors with sancks & ligh-up toys, so there is something to do when you are waiting. It is definitely worth it to us.

I am very glad i joined here before i go to disney :woohoo: thanks alot very useful info.

I am thinking about totally forgetting about attending Fantasmic and seeing if I can get ADR for 1900 PArk Fare for that night. Since Cooper's new favorite movie is Cinderella. I think that she would enjoy that more. Now to check and see if anythign is available. Fingers crossed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter