Fantasmic dinner package ??

kimmie

<font color=green>Sometimes I have senior moments
I am wondering if the Fantasmic dinner package is available all year round?
We are planning to be there around Easter and thought that they were not available. Has anyone done it during that time?
I need to find out very soon!:teeth:

Just booked one for 4/7/04 this morning for HV Fantasmic Dinner package.

Mickey Moose

Thanks Mickey Moose!

I called to ask and they said yes! Although, my 90 days isn't until Saturday.

I want to know about the sections that you are seated in.
We have always arrived very early and tried to get the Mickey section or atleast one on either side. Is the viewing from the reserved sections that bad? I know that they are on the far right. Could we move?

I'm not sure how the reserved seats will be. I've read good and bad in these forums regarding the reserved seats. I had a friend go a little while back and he was thrilled with the reserved seats and said Fantasmic was the best show he saw while in WDW. I guess we'll find out about the same time :)

Mickey Moose

The reserved seats are on the right side of the stadium as you face the water. I know many people have complained that the reserved sets are not dead center, but I have never had any problem with those seats. Besides imagine if you had lined up early to get the best possible seat you could only to find out that the very best ones were reserved. I would be upset. The reserved seats are good, but if getting a good seat is really important to you consider checking in early.

Melissa

If you just don't feel right unless you have the same number of people to your right as to your left, then the Dinner Package is not for you.

But if all you care about is getting a good view of the show, then the reserved seating is just as good as any other seat. Fantasmic is designed to be seen from any seat in the amphitheatre, and you really can see everything just as well from the right as from the center.

An advantage of the reserved seating is that you are not "herded" to a particular location. You can just wander in and pick your seat. You can sit in the front, in the back, or in the middle as you choose.

Thank you erikthewise!

I just wouldn't want to go in and choose any seat in the entire amphitheater when I should stay in the area reserved for dinner packages. If it is true what you say, then I would be able to go in and find a seat in the Mickey section, right?
Are the dinner package guests allowed in prior to the masses or are they let in later than those from the main entrance?
Just don't want to get flamed for my thinking... just asking:teeth:

Sorry, if you enter the reserved section you're supposed to stay there. I did not mean you can take any seat in the theatre, just that you can choose any location in the reserved section. The reserved section is the rightmost two sections out of ten. So there are six sections in general seating more centrally located than the reserved section. This is what gets some Dinner Package guests in a lather; they think they should be getting the "best" seats. As I said, it doesn't really matter.

No the Dinner Package guests are not let in earlier, they are just let into a separate section. The whole point is that you can enter LATER than the other guests and still get a seat. Even so I would suggest entering at least 30 minutes before show time, and preferably 40-45 minutes before.

We have been to Disney twice - once at Christmas 2001 and once for spring break (week before Easter 2003). The first time we waited a little over 2 hours in line to get a seat (the theater was standing room only) and then sat for 45 minutes before the show started. The crowd stampeede when the gates opened was indescribable. My daughter and I became separated from my husband in the mob. The pushing and shoving was like that expecienced at a general seating concert. People were so concerned they would not get a seat after all that waiting.

The second time we did the package. The show was as crowded as Christmas. Again, it was standing room only - only instead of standing in line and being crushed by the mob, we walked into the theater via the dinner entrance. Two sections of the theater were reserved. They were to the right of the stage but we had an excellent view (some of the very late commers seated on the far-most right may of had some viewing issues). We arrived 45 minutes before the show started. Since the theatre was standing room only the sections became unreserved about 10 minutes before the show (we were told at dinner to be there at least 30 minutes before the start time).

Would I do it again - yes during a peak period (we already have a PS for early April). The two hours I saved plus the mob scene was reason enough. If I were lucky enough to go in the off season the package probably is not necessary.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter