Fantasmic pkg in May? Necessary?

chilihead

Has no short-term memory and can't think on her fe
For those of you coming from the Attractions forum, sorry. Here I am again!

We will be at WDW May 8-16. I currently have a Fantasmic dining package for May 11 at 4:10 (HV). I don't particularly want to eat here, but I thought we should get the package so we have seats. My question: do we really NEED the package? Or is it possible this early in May to get decent seats without waiting for an hour outside the gates? If we don't wait outside the gates and just come in before the show, how poor will the seats be that are left? My family has seen the show, but we are taking my dad and his wife and it will be there first time. And, really, my kids don't remember that much about it so I guess this is really their first time again. :crazy:

We currently have lunch PS at Sci-Fi for 12:05 in addition to the HV PS at 4:10. (Can you say TOO MUCH FOOD, TOO LITTLE TIME? Not that I'm not up to the challenge, but I think my friends on ToT would appreciate a little restraint on my part.) I would rather change the Sci-Fi PS to around 2:00 for a late lunch and skip the HV totally.

Ahhhhh! I'm so confused! :faint: Help me, Please! I have just about everything else nailed down, but I just can't seem to make the final decision on this thing.

Thanks.

Chilihead

You do not need the package for seats. Just be sure to get in line at least an hour and a half before the show. In peak season make that two hours.

The last time we were there we did the dinner package and ate at the Brown Derby. We found the food and service were excellent and well worth the price we paid. With the addition of excellent wines recommended by our server the meal was every bit as good and maybe better than anything we have had at the California Grill. Fantasmic was a great way to cap off a wonderful evening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter