Fantasmic! PS-how exactly does it work?

luvtoteach

Earning My Ears
I can usually find the answer to almost any question on this knowledgeable board(it's the best out there!); but I've looked back quite a ways at older posts, and I don't think this exact question has been addressed, and I'm very worried about it. Here it is:

I've seen the amount of time in advance for making Fantasmic! balconcy PS's listed in 2 different ways: "30 days" in advance, and "1 month" in advance. Question: If I want to make a reservation for seating on Aug. 2, would I call on July 2 (1 month in advance) or on July 3 (30 days in advance)? We're going camping that weekend, and my husband already thinks it's ridiculous for me to drive home early one morning to make these reservations; he'll flip a gasket if I do it twice to make sure I do it on the right day (but I'll do it anyway--I really want that balcony seating!). ::yes::

Question 2: I've recently seen messages posted on another Disney board that a person got their reservations by using their regular phone and their cell phone, and alternating calling from each. Can someone explain what's going to happen when I call that phone number? Will I keep getting a busy signal over and over? And how would alternating phones help with that problem?

We missed Fantasmic! when we went to DL 2 years ago, and this is probably the last time we'll ever make it there. My daughter probably won't be able to stand the sitting and waiting for hours option (she has anxiety issues), and I so want to see it this time!

Any tips/explanations would be grand! Thank you all! puckerup:

I've always understood it to be 30 days exactly.

We're staying at the GC and used the vacation planning service to make our reservations for us. If you happen to be staying onsite, I'd highly suggest you let them do the work for you, they have a great track record on snagging the hard to get reservations!

Thanks for the tip, Peachgirl. Unfortunately, we're staying at the Candy Cane: I don't suppose they help with getting PS's, do they?

peachgirl said:
I've always understood it to be 30 days exactly.

We're staying at the GC and used the vacation planning service to make our reservations for us. If you happen to be staying onsite, I'd highly suggest you let them do the work for you, they have a great track record on snagging the hard to get reservations!

peachgirl,
What is the vacation planning service? Is it the same as concierge? I need to make reservations tomorrow or Sunday for our upcoming trip and would love to have someone take care of it!
Thanks

boosmom96 said:
peachgirl,
What is the vacation planning service? Is it the same as concierge? I need to make reservations tomorrow or Sunday for our upcoming trip and would love to have someone take care of it!
Thanks

You don't have to be staying on concierge level, but it works just like concierge services does....without the $$$'s!

If you're staying at one of the Disney Resort hotels, you can call them and they'll make any reservations you need. You can call them long in advance of any ps time windows, or in advance of the Fantasmic 30 day window and they'll take all the information then book it on the first day reservations are allowed.

I know that for Fantasmic, they call you on the day they make the reservations and let you know for sure that they were able to make them.

From my own experience and from what I've read of others on these boards, they rarely fail to get the reservations you need.

I loved just making one call and letting them make all our reservations for us. You do have to stay onsite and they do check for your hotel reservations when you call.

The number is 1-714-300-7526.

Hmmm...., I've always made my Fantasmic dinner package ADR's way outside the 30 days. In fact, I made mine a couple of weeks ago for August. I think you can make them 60 days in advance.

One more thought...

If you're wanting to book Fantasmic through Vacation Planning...call as soon as you possibly can. VP books in order of calls received so the sooner you call, the further up the list you'll be.

allie&mattsmom said:
Hmmm...., I've always made my Fantasmic dinner package ADR's way outside the 30 days. In fact, I made mine a couple of weeks ago for August. I think you can make them 60 days in advance.

Not sure what ADR's are...but are you talking about WDW or Disneyland?

The 30 days window I'm talking about is for the Fantasmic Balcony Dessert seating at Disneyland.

I just made Fantasmic reservations this week so I will tell you what I did.

Call 1 month in advance - so July 2nd for August 2nd. Use 2 phones. I began calling at 7:55 am. You will get a recording saying that the office is now closed. Hang up and hit redial... over and over and over... until you get a ring. I got through at 8:00 am but was on hold for about 7 minutes. The first showing was booked and I managed to get back row for the second showing.

Good luck.

peachgirl,
Thanks so much for the number! I wish I knew about this a month ago!! Tomorrow is my 30 day mark for our first night there, so I'm going to try the regular way. My DH and I plan to use Tink33's plan, but we'll also use his home office lines so we'll have 4 phones!
I think allie&mattsmom must be talking about WDW dinner packages. Those reservations can be made 90 days in advance.
Note to lovestoteach: I called Disney Dining a few weeks ago and told them the dates I was going to try for reservations and asked them specifically when the 30 day mark for my dates was. The CM was very nice, but I could tell from her voice that she thought I was an idiot!! I really didn't care, I just wanted to make sure that I had the right date!
It is 30 days not 1 month. This makes a difference for August dates.

p.s. I'll post if I get the balcony!

I called Vacation Planning this past Monday and they will be trying to make my reservations for the Balconey seating for our trip the first week of August. I called them a month and half ago but they couldn't take my info till it was closer to my stay.

What I had them do is they will try to make my reservations (for two if us) on the first full day of your trip. If we don't get that, they will try again for each night for the rest of our visit. We are there for 5 nights so I figure we will be lucky one night!
teeth.gif

I also used them to make my reservation for the Walk in Walts Footsteps tour which we are doing the Wed of out trip (Aug 3).

From what I gathered from Vacation Planning, Disney's definition of "30 days" is really a month. For Aug 1st, call July 1st. I would guess they do this for simplicity sake. I can't imagine trying to figure out the exact 30 days for all reservations, lol. :confused3

When calling them, you might have to call/email a few times. I called them the week before on Wed and left a message. Heard nothing. On Friday I emailed them. Got a response Sat and called them Monday and got a live person.

I will let everyone know when I hear back from them hopefully with good news!

-Matthew

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter