Fantasmic! Superthread - Or Everything You Need To Know About Fantasmic at Disneyland

It looks like early July F! dining packages have been entered in the system online but aren't available yet. I guess they will open up soon, maybe tomorrow then. I don't know if Disneyland does it this way, but WDW does this all the time.

It looks like early July F! dining packages have been entered in the system online but aren't available yet. I guess they will open up soon, maybe tomorrow then. I don't know if Disneyland does it this way, but WDW does this all the time.
I just called, they think they'll be updated overnight.

Are there any recent first-hand accounts of when second show Fastpasses start to be given out and then run out? I'm thinking 9:30 am - 11:00 am on a day with an 8:00 am opening. I'm just curious because I'll have to leave my party in DCA and go to DL to get the passes. Do you think the CM's at the DCA time board might be able to radio colleagues and ask for the info?

Copying from my other post:

I am made a reservation for early July for Fantasmic! at River Belle Terrace, but it does not say 1st or second show. My reservation says says "Dinner Dining Package" when I made another at Blue Bayou (told you, I'm neurotic) to compare, it tells me "Dinner Dining Package 1st Show"

How will I know which show I see out of the two at River Belle? I'd like the first show and plan on staying put for fireworks over ROA. I don't want to pay for BB dining package. We're eating there for lunch earlier in our trip.

Copying from my other post:

I am made a reservation for early July for Fantasmic! at River Belle Terrace, but it does not say 1st or second show. My reservation says says "Dinner Dining Package" when I made another at Blue Bayou (told you, I'm neurotic) to compare, it tells me "Dinner Dining Package 1st Show"

How will I know which show I see out of the two at River Belle? I'd like the first show and plan on staying put for fireworks over ROA. I don't want to pay for BB dining package. We're eating there for lunch earlier in our trip.

Just checked my RBT and it doesn't say 1st or 2nd show either.

Just Sharing (originally posted [URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/o-august-check-in-thread-o.3679723/page-10#post-59419854"]here[/URL])

I called to book BB with Fantasmic! The CM was really awesome and set the ADR for 6:20pm. A week passed and I read a blog stating "You'll see Fantsamic! next to your reservation." So out of curiosity I looked into my DL account and low and behold it wasn't there. The BB 6:20pm was there but no mention of it being a package with Fantasmic! I did not make a mistake. I told the CM this was for our son's 15th birthday and that it was our first visit to DL. So now my lovely dinner is at 4:20pm instead of 6:20pm it was the only time they had available. :sad2:

Just Sharing (originally posted here)

I called to book BB with Fantasmic! The CM was really awesome and set the ADR for 6:20pm. A week passed and I read a blog stating "You'll see Fantsamic! next to your reservation." So out of curiosity I looked into my DL account and low and behold it wasn't there. The BB 6:20pm was there but no mention of it being a package with Fantasmic! I did not make a mistake. I told the CM this was for our son's 15th birthday and that it was our first visit to DL. So now my lovely dinner is at 4:20pm instead of 6:20pm it was the only time they had available. :sad2:
That's super frustrating. So sorry. Hopefully, you will still enjoy your earlier dinner.

In the app, it won't say Fantasmic! (I have a reservation so I looked). On the Disneyland website, it says Fantasmic! Dining Package 2nd show etc. For future readers, I would advise to double check the official site before cancelling/panicking etc based on the app. (Not saying this was your case fyi)

Fantasmic Dining reservations for BB stop at August 26th. You can reserve BB past that date. What's up with that?

Fantasmic Dining reservations for BB stop at August 26th. You can reserve BB past that date. What's up with that?
Most likely they do not know the schedule for F! after that point as it will transition to Fall hours.

I really hope they add additional F! shows in the fall if WoC is still down. I'd like to see it on a weeknight.

Is RBT offering lunch packages for Fantasmic? When I look online it shows times available starting at 1pm for this week. I haven't followed through with trying to book one. I did click on a time once and it got to the page where I needed to select which credit card I wanted to use, but I cancelled at that point. Later I was on the phone with a CM and she said it must have been a glitch, but this "glitch" has been there for at least a week and nobody has fixed it. All of the website descriptions say dinner only for RBT.

Most likely they do not know the schedule for F! after that point as it will transition to Fall hours.

Today they opened up booking for F! the 31st, but the 27-30 are still grayed out. We are planing on doing the parks the 28-30 so I might end up getting 4 day tickets as they are not much more anyway and doing F! earlier of later in the trip if they don't open up for those dates.

Today they opened up booking for F! the 31st, but the 27-30 are still grayed out. We are planing on doing the parks the 28-30 so I might end up getting 4 day tickets as they are not much more anyway and doing F! earlier of later in the trip if they don't open up for those dates.
If the 31st is on the schedule but not the earlier dates, it seems to me they are not doing it on weekdays that week.

When we were at BB for our F! dinner Saturday afternoon, it seemed as though we could have ordered the F! dinner even with a regular dining reservation. We'd booked it specifically, so I didn't test it, but our waiter needed to be told we had the F! reservation.

Also, I don't know what the deal was, but it took FOREVER to get our checks settled. Seriously, like 25 minutes from when we'd been presented with the check and when we were able to leave.

When we were at BB for our F! dinner Saturday afternoon, it seemed as though we could have ordered the F! dinner even with a regular dining reservation. We'd booked it specifically, so I didn't test it, but our waiter needed to be told we had the F! reservation.

Also, I don't know what the deal was, but it took FOREVER to get our checks settled. Seriously, like 25 minutes from when we'd been presented with the check and when we were able to leave.
A similar thing happened at HB for us a couple weeks ago. For first show on a night with 2 shows. That night they had walk-ups available for HB FP for F! t seems that walk-ups are not always available but it is not unusual.

:wizard:

That's super frustrating. So sorry. Hopefully, you will still enjoy your earlier dinner.

In the app, it won't say Fantasmic! (I have a reservation so I looked). On the Disneyland website, it says Fantasmic! Dining Package 2nd show etc. For future readers, I would advise to double check the official site before cancelling/panicking etc based on the app. (Not saying this was your case fyi)

My app definitely shows the Fantasmic package, so maybe it’s a glitch and only shows up on some?

So what would you consider the best viewing area? I don't care about the cost, just which is best?

So what would you consider the best viewing area? I don't care about the cost, just which is best?
"Best" is a subjective term. Some people think the regular Dining Package areas have the best view because they are the closest to the water, therefore have the most up front, immersive view. You really feel like you almost are part of the show. But the viewing is all ground seating (BB's package comes with a souvenir foam cushion to sit on). Some people think the RBT Premium Dining Package has the best view because that package is the only one that comes with actual chairs. For people who cannot stand during the show and who cannot sit on the ground, this package gives them the "best" view. Other people think this view is too far back and obstructed, even if it does come with a chair and dinner. Our favorite package is BB's, but sitting on the ground isn't a problem for us right now. HB and the regular RBT sections have good views, too. Do some research to decide which view would be "best" for you.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter