Fantasmic update?

Yea I don't see them dropping Fantasmic! anytime soon as it is a staple of the parks. And there is plenty more opportunity for development within the park that could be used first. In the future I could see that changing, especially if the updated the Star Wars show to something more general for the park with more fireworks and stuff. Make it a bigger spectacle like Magic Kingdom's. It does set on a lot of land that goes unused mostly so could see it get removed for future development just not for awhile. Do agree with others too that if they can find a way to use the arena during the day for other shows that would be great as it would make much better use of the space.

Haven’t seen Fantasmic in several years. Was planning on seeing it in June 2019, wonder if it’ll be 2.0!

The little mermaid show is more worrisome of things that need updating as well as beauty and the beast show.

You couldn’t move any of the cruise line shows over?

I mean I can’t wait to experience things i did with my kid too, but show the attraction some love

The little mermaid show is more worrisome of things that need updating as well as beauty and the beast show.

You couldn’t move any of the cruise line shows over?

I mean I can’t wait to experience things i did with my kid too, but show the attraction some love

OT but..Beauty and the Beast show was a one and done for us. It was good, but not something I'd sit though again. A show "rotation" would be nice for that area

The thing is that for a lot of people, it's their first trip to WDW, and if so, then all the shows are new to them. We super-fans see the shows aging and long for something new, but it really isn't necessary for the bulk of WDW guests. That's why a lot of stuff sticks around for so long. Fantasmic! is still an impressive show without any upgrades, so why go to such lengths?

I don’t think B&B needs updates. It’s an excellent show and I watch it nearly every time I visit. LM could use digital projections and quieter air blowing machines though. Or no air blowing machines. It’s not really necessary.

It is also the only park with two real night time shows. I could see F! getting cut as a cost savings while keeping the Star Wars show.

Are they going to keep the Star Wars show after Galaxy's Edge opens? I thought the point was for Galaxy's Edge to be fully immersive and like a real location within the Star Wars Univers ... feels like the Star Wars fireworks show takes away from that

Are they going to keep the Star Wars show after Galaxy's Edge opens? I thought the point was for Galaxy's Edge to be fully immersive and like a real location within the Star Wars Univers ... feels like the Star Wars fireworks show takes away from that
That’s an interesting question. I haven’t heard anything as of yet. They’ve gone away from Big in the sky fireworks which like you said would take away from the immersion.

That’s an interesting question. I haven’t heard anything as of yet. They’ve gone away from Big in the sky fireworks which like you said would take away from the immersion.

obviously they switch it out for the Jingle Bell, Jingle Bam, so can do other things there

I think a more general show about Hollywood and the history of Disney films - through current ones - could be very cool as well

obviously they switch it out for the Jingle Bell, Jingle Bam, so can do other things there

I think a more general show about Hollywood and the history of Disney films - through current ones - could be very cool as well
So an expanded Disney Movie Magic?

I had assumed they'd keep it. Maybe move it so it could be watched from inside SWL. They could change it up a little angel make it like C3PO telling the story in ROTJ and there were fireworks in ROTJ right?

I had assumed they'd keep it. Maybe move it so it could be watched from inside SWL. They could change it up a little angel make it like C3PO telling the story in ROTJ and there were fireworks in ROTJ right?

Fireworks exist in the Star Wars Universe so they can be used without question as part of the land and still hold immersion. A projection show might be a little odd on the inside of the land though.
I really want Symphony in the Stars to return. That was the best firework show Disney's ever had.

Fireworks exist in the Star Wars Universe so they can be used without question as part of the land and still hold immersion. A projection show might be a little odd on the inside of the land though.
I really want Symphony in the Stars to return. That was the best firework show Disney's ever had.
I think it could be done without a problem. Return of the Jedi set the precedent for telling the story in the story. Or it could be set up like a parent telling the story of how the rebels defeated the empire to their kid. Or a little darker take, make it like a propaganda video for joining the resistance against the first order.

I think it would need to be changed a bit, but I think there are a lot of ways to make it work. .

I think it could be done without a problem. Return of the Jedi set the precedent for telling the story in the story. Or it could be set up like a parent telling the story of how the rebels defeated the empire to their kid. Or a little darker take, make it like a propaganda video for joining the resistance against the first order.

I think it would need to be changed a bit, but I think there are a lot of ways to make it work. .

There are definite ways they could figure it out and get it to work perfectly. But also do they really want more reason for people to go into that land? It's likely to be overcrowded for a long time, incentive to venture elsewhere in the park will be needed, and a nighttime show or two is a good pull.

So an expanded Disney Movie Magic?
That's probably not far off from what they're going to do. I'd be shocked if they didn't turn Great Movie Ride into a full on fireworks show rather than the ride. Obviously not the same thing, but the same adventure into the movies style where you become immersed through projections and pyro.

That's probably not far off from what they're going to do. I'd be shocked if they didn't turn Great Movie Ride into a full on fireworks show rather than the ride. Obviously not the same thing, but the same adventure into the movies style where you become immersed through projections and pyro.
The Chinese Theater is home of the Mickey ride.

The Chinese Theater is home of the Mickey ride.
I meant make a fireworks show based off of Great Movie Ride, not actually inside the theatre lol. Although knowing Disney they could pull off a firework show indoors, I'd love to see them use the exterior the way they have with Movie Magic just bring back pieces of Great Movie Ride to make it a nighttime spectacular.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts