Fantasmic?

Eeyore91

Earning My Ears
Hi all! I'm headed to Disney in one week (almost there!) and have a quick question about Fantasmic. It's the one thing my friend asked to make sure we do, so we're going to be at HS the first night. We have a few FP including Tower of Terror at 7:50. I was a little confused by Fantasmic between the FP and standby lines, as well as the show times not appearing to always be the same.

We're going on a Friday night (the 30th). If we hit tower of terror right at 7:50, will we make it to Fantasmic in time? I know they're close together, but wasn't sure how early people lined up for the show. I was also a bit confused because I've seen both 8PM and 8:30PM listed as show times depending on the day.

Thanks in advance for the help!

I don't think you would make either time. Standby fills up early. You could check to see if there is a meal package Available or try to do TOT earlier. Fantastic is a must do for us.

I don't think you would make either time. Standby fills up early. You could check to see if there is a meal package Available or try to do TOT earlier. Fantastic is a must do for us.

Thanks for the head's up! It appears the show is at 8PM most days I've checked. I was able to push our TOT FP up to 7:20 (that was the earliest I could get). Maybe if we can be done there by 7:30 we'd make it?

With a 7:20 FP, it’s most likely going to be at least 20 minutes for TOT (including getting through the line and ride time). Without a FP or dining package, it is generally recommend to arrive 45 minutes to an hour before show time. I think you would be cutting it very close with a 7:20 FP and an 8:30 show time. It is certainly worth trying, but if F! is an absolute must do, I would rethink the TOT FP.

Thanks for the head's up! It appears the show is at 8PM most days I've checked. I was able to push our TOT FP up to 7:20 (that was the earliest I could get). Maybe if we can be done there by 7:30 we'd make it?

F! is at 8:00 on the 30th. If that is the one thing your friend wanted to be sure you do, I wouldn't do ToT at 7:20. It's unlikely you'll be done with ToT in time to get to F!, let alone find a seat before the show begins. You need to be in the line for F! by about 7:15, in my opinion.

I have to warn you, even if you have a dining package, if you are not fifteen minutes early they may give you a hard time about seating. Don't cut it too close.

Is there no longer a different entrance for Fantasmic with the dining package? I dont see any mention of it, or see it noted anywhere on Robo's maps. TIA!

One thing you can do to give yourself a better choice of seating is try to snag a FastPass for Fantasmic! as your fourth one. It might be tough with that 6:30 ToT though. It's usually not too bad because there are so many F! FPs available, but that is pretty late. Try to do it as soon as you scan through the second tap point at ToT (Not in the TV room of course. Don't use your phone in there - it ruins the ambiance). If you can get the FPs then when you do enter the theater, you can sit in either the FP section or the Standby section depending on which side has more desirable seats. I would still try to be early as both sides fill up quickly. Check out the very helpful maps and explanation by @Robo in this thread, https://www.disboards.com/threads/wdw-maps-by-robo.3545729/#post-56460953 to get an idea of how it all works.

Around 30 minutes early should get you a decent seat. As someone mentioned above, at the absolute latest you need to be there 15 minutes early to guarantee a seat.

For $39 per person you can do the dessert package. They tell you to arrive 40 minutes early, but I am sure if you arrive about 30 minutes or so before you would still be ok.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter