Fantasmic

altamamma

Earning My Ears
:wizard: Do you have to purchase tickets to Fantasmic and other events like Remember..Dreams Come True fireworks?

No. Some people pay for the Fantasmic Dessert Buffet or Balcony so that they don't have to wait for hours to see Fantasmic, but these shows (like all DL shows) are included with park admission.

You can pay for Fantasmic balcony or riverfront dessert seating but it's totally optional. I think they have preferred seating for the fireworks as well but most people stand. It will be hard to see both Fanstamic and the fireworks from Main St in the same night. You could... if you stand on the left side of Main St during the fireworks and rush over to the Rivers of America after for the second showing.

If you're spending all 8 days at DLR you'll have no problem seeing everything.

In fact I recommend that you spend one afternoon/evening camping out for the fireworks. Stake out a spot infront and left of the castle for the 4:30 parade and plan to stay until the fireworks. Bring a blanket or something for the ground and prepare to defend your space. If you have the time, seeing the fireworks from that location is amazing.

On another night camp out for Fantasmic (you don't need to camp out at 4:30 but you need to get there a few hours before to get a center spot).

Spend the rest of your evenings going on rides during the fireworks and Fantasmic. Haunted Mansion, Pirates and Splash Mountain are usually walk ons once Fantasmic starts. They close off a good part of Fantasyland during the fireworks but you can walk on anything that is open. Same thing with Space Mountain.

Keep in mind that the lines to get into DL grow quickly around 9pm and die down about 9:30. They are full of everyone who wants to get in for the fireworks.

WatchinCaptKangaroo said:
Keep in mind that the lines to get into DL grow quickly around 9pm and die down about 9:30. They are full of everyone who wants to get in for the fireworks.

The time the lines into DL stack up depend on two things:
1. What time the fireworks start
and
2. What time DCA closes

Are you going in early Feb (guess based on your sig)? If so, the park hours are probaby going to be a lot shorter than 9 pm. When we were there mid-Dec, DCA closed at 6 pm weekdays and DL closed at 8 pm weekdays. The line into DL at 6 was INSANE! And the park was PACKED from then until fireworks at 7:45! Basically, there were two parks' worth of guests stuffed into one. Because the hours were early, people didn't leave early. It may have been different on the weekends, but we were only there Tues-Thurs, so I can't speak from experience.

I felt stupid for not realizing that's what would happen, but it really took me by surprise the first night when we were doing exactly that! Guess I thought I was the only one with that idea. :rotfl2:

Happy planning!

you can check all this information out at disneyland.com and my personal opinion is not to pay for the seating because you are seeing the same thing as everyone else. Also, during fantasmic and believe those are really good times to go on the rides like: Splash, Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Big Thunder (I went on it 5 times in the whole show with only waiting 5 minutes) Materhorn much of the rides have shorter wait times during shows if you do a show one night then the next you could do the rides. Also if you ride Splash you can see the fireworks (really pretty) same with most of the other outside rides.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter