Fantasmic and Fireworks

Bowen9475

DIS Veteran
How likely is it that we would be able to watch Fantasmic at 9:00 and be able to see the Star Wars fireworks at 9:30?

Actually, when we were there last week, they were actually set up specifically for people to be able to do it...sort of. You don't the prime viewing spot for Star Wars, but you still get a good spot. When you walk out of F!, when you get to the end of the exit walking path, they have CMs holding big signs up. One has an arrow to the left saying "exit", one has an arrow to the right saying "Star Wars Fireworks Viewing". And the CMs were screaming (in a nice way) for people to go left to exit and right to see fireworks. Those who were among the first to leave F! got to see all of the fireworks.

The higher up and toward the right (looking at the stage), near where you enter lets you exit quicker. But you won't be able to choose your seat. Depends on FP, dining package or Standby.
If you are familiar with the show, leave 3 minutes early. You'll be able to get to a good spot to see the fireworks (but maybe not the projections).

The higher up and toward the right (looking at the stage), near where you enter lets you exit quicker. But you won't be able to choose your seat.
We always choose our own seats.
(Within the section(s) to which we are entitled.)

Last edited:

I'm curious about the new procedure. This was not our experience.

When I was there a couple weeks ago, people all over the theater were climbing over people still watching the show to leave about 5 minutes prior to the end of the show. Literally from the middle of the dining package seats, even. The theater looked like something out of a horror movie. Not distracting at all...

Another night when we were watching the Star Wars show by the Chinese Theater, a bunch of people came running up about 2-3 minutes into it. Like a stampede of about 3 dozen people at once and sat down right near where we were watching. Again, not distracting...

I'm not sure the timing should be the way they are doing this. They could separate the shows by another 15 minutes and people could see both without climbing over/running over people in order to do so.

I'm curious about the new procedure. This was not our experience.

When I was there a couple weeks ago, people all over the theater were climbing over people still watching the show to leave about 5 minutes prior to the end of the show. Literally from the middle of the dining package seats, even. The theater looked like something out of a horror movie. Not distracting at all...

Another night when we were watching the Star Wars show by the Chinese Theater, a bunch of people came running up about 2-3 minutes into it. Like a stampede of about 3 dozen people at once and sat down right near where we were watching. Again, not distracting...

I'm not sure the timing should be the way they are doing this. They could separate the shows by another 15 minutes and people could see both without climbing over/running over people in order to do so.
Better crowd control would be to start them both at the same time.

But, then the issue would be that the sound of the exploding fireworks from one show
would intrude on the other.

The real concern is that there can be 8,000 guests in the Fantasmic theater,
but there is only enough room for about 3,000-4,000 guests
to be able to see the projections of the Star Wars show.
And, the Star Wars viewing area can already be PACKED with guests who have NOT
decided to come in from Fantasmic!
Ouch!

Last edited:
Better crowd control would be to start them both at the same time.

But, then the issue would be that the sound of the exploding fireworks from one show
would intrude on the other.

The real concern is that there can be 8,000 guests in the Fantasmic theater,
but there is only enough room for about 3,000-4,000 guests
to be able to see the projections of the Star Wars show.
And, the Star Wars viewing area can already be PACKED with guests who have NOT
decided to come in from Fantasmic!
Ouch!

True. I love both shows, but it is a problem all the way around. And no real way to fix it in the currently cramped DHS.

But not most of the projections which is the vast majority of the show.

That would really depend on how crowded Star Wars is. This trip we just took it wasn't anywhere near as crowded for Star Wars fireworks as last year. We could have easily walked up to be able to see the projections if we had wanted. It certainly wasn't a ghost town, but there was enough room to move a good ways up toward the Chinese theatre. I certainly wouldn't plan on that every night, but it's possible.

The best place to get out first is the top right (as you face the stage), but as noted you can't always choose.

When we were leaving, surprisingly I would say 75% of the people were headed for the exit, not Star Wars.

Having been there for the first show and on weekly basis since then, I haven't noticed too much of a difference in crowd levels for SWaGS. It's held fairly steady. Having said that though, every once in a while Center Stage is less crowded. It's often due to rain earlier and although space may be found in front of the two towers at the last minute, it doesn't necessarily mean that the side projection structures are visible. They also recently temporarily removed the large stage from the Center Stage area, so for anyone there during that period, there was some extra space.

The way the shows have been scheduled is achieving the desired effect, to divide the crowds. I leave as the Fantasmic crowds are exiting and SWaGS has just begun, there's no doubt that the vast majority of Fantasmic guests are exiting the park and not heading to attempt to see SWaGS.

They also recently temporarily removed the large stage from the Center Stage area, so for anyone there during that period, there was some extra space.
They first reported that they were INTENDING to do that, then I read that they encountered tech problems
and decided not to remove it at that time (which was about a month ago.)
Have they now actually removed it?

They first reported that they were INTENDING to do that, then I read that they encountered tech problems
and decided not to remove it at that time (which was about a month ago.)
Have they now actually removed it?
It was removed for week or two, then they encountered problems with the movable platforms and the stage was reassembled until they solve the problems with the new system.

It was removed for week or two, then they encountered problems with the movable platforms and the stage was reassembled until they solve the problems with the new system.
Sounds like what I'd heard.
So, the stage (at this point) is back, and is not removable... for awhile, at least.

Sounds like what I'd heard.
So, the stage (at this point) is back, and is not removable... for awhile, at least.
That's correct. There was a safety advisory issued regarding the platforms entering and exiting the onstage area through the Star Tours gate, so they're still working with them. It appears that they'll roll the platforms onstage through that gate and down to the Center stage area. Looked for them but no luck.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter