Fantasy 7632...Vibration Issues?

Interesting. I’ll be on the Fantasy on June 22. I’ll be mid-ship, but now I’m curious.
We had an aft room and a midship room on the Fantasy for B2B cruises. The aft room vibration (as well as in Animator's Palate) were terrible.

The midship room was better, but there were still vibrations.

Generally it was happening in the evening/nightime when the ship was traveling at top speed to get to the next port.

Yep, that room will be fine. On our Fantasy Cruise, we were in 7668, and the 2-3 rooms on either side of us, and us, had such bad vibrations that we couldnt sleep. These were not the docking vibrations, it was anytime the ship went above 21knots. It got so bad, we eventually had the Chief Engineer come to our room and admitted that the Fantasy has a problem. It was so bad, the towel animal would vibrate apart each night before we were able to get back to the room.

George
your post scared the heck out of me. I had this booked as well and now am kicking myself for not grabbing 8520, which is the forward 7A I had on the dream and was great. We figured we'd try a different location and I knew there would be some vibration into and out of port but not like that.

Just paid $214 to move to a 5C forward in a similar location on deck 7, I don't need a $5000 vacation ruined :P I saw the other review you posted where you said they gave you a second room just for sleeping - that would be a very difficult thing with my son on the spectrum who needs routine to move between two rooms.

Lovely and I booked 8188 on the Fantasy on our upcoming cruise. I remember AP and the major vibrations. Oh well, I'll just sleep on on the huge verandah during the day LOL

For what it is worth, we just got off the Disney Fantasy on an Eastern Caribbean cruise this past Saturday. We were room 7194, and had family on either side of us. These 3 rooms are direct aft. I hate to admit how much we loved them in fear of them being booked next time we cruise. Having said this, I was scared about the vibration issues after reading this board and was quite fussed going into the cruise as we were responsible for choosing these rooms. Yes, we did feel vibration. Yes, it woke us up. However, both sets of kids slept through it, and it was only when we were docking. Our family had appetizers (all hands on deck platters) every afternoon around 3:30pm. We were easily able to fit 6 adults and 4 kids on one balcony. It was absolutely amazing. All 3 sets of family will only book direct aft rooms going forward. I should also mention that we had some pretty severe wind thanks to the polar vortex... so the conditions were not ideal, and the vibrations were just fine.

. These 3 rooms are direct aft

This makes me feel better as we are on the Fantasy on our upcoming Eastern cruise and we have the direct aft cabin 8188. I know I felt vibration pulling into port when we were mid/aft so I expected some but I'm not worrying about it as much as I have been after reading your comment.

This makes me feel better as we are on the Fantasy on our upcoming Eastern cruise and we have the direct aft cabin 8188. I know I felt vibration pulling into port when we were mid/aft so I expected some but I'm not worrying about it as much as I have been after reading your comment.

We've sailed on the Fantasy 3 times. We've stayed in 7624 (in 2014), 7632 (in 2015), and 7580 (in 2017). The only time we felt any vibrations which we considered "out of the ordinary" was in 7580 - which is actually more mid-ship. The vibrations were really bad - enough to wake us up in the morning and frighten the kids (and some adults!). At breakfast, we found out the captain was attempting to dock at Castaway Cay against really strong currents. He got us in late, but allowed us to stay on the island a little longer. DCL is awesome that way.

With that said, we love sailing on the Fantasy and would not hesitate to do so again... regardless of the room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter